Bushnell ONIX 400 XM-Ready Handheld GPS w/ Weather, Radio & Sat Image
The world's first and only handheld GPS with satellite photography and XM weather: the Bushnell ONIX400!
Navigate using an actual satellite photo of your surroundings - layered with all your tools, waypoints and other points of reference. Subscription access to real-time XM weather and more than 170 channels of XM Satellite Radio programming featuring news, sports, talk, entertainment and music.
Bushnell ONIX400 is the world's first handheld GPS to combine navigational aids, satellite photography and XM weather on a single screen. It shows you the perfect pinchpoint for this wind. And how you should dress for the day. NEXRAD weather data downlinked via XM Weather, layered over a georeferenced satellite map of your location keeps you prepared. It's all housed in a rubberized defensive armor built to XPX7 waterproof standards, with a high gain SIRF GPS receiver. In your palm.
- Layer a satellite photo, topo map, compass, navigational aids and XM services on a single screen with TruView Navigation
- Extra-large 3.5'" full color LCD
- Downloads and displays georeferenced satellite photography
- Displays XM weather data on the GPS map (*With XM Satellite subscription)
- XM Satellite radio entertainment including XM sports (*With XM Satellite subscription)
- SafeTrack battery conservation mode
- SiRF GPS receiver
- Digital compass
- Embedded 128 micro SD card
- Rugged rubber armor
- Waterproof (IPX7 rated)
ONIX 400 - The world's first handheld GPS with XM Satellite Weather.
What is XM?
XM Satellite Radio Inc is the nations leading satellite service provider with over 8 million subscribers for the home, car, aviation and marine. The XM system of redundant satellites, broadcasting in the S-Band, enables seamless delivery of audio entertainment and vital data services in the harshest of weather conditions. Starting in late 2003 with the XM WX Satellite Weather Service for aviation and marine markets and then following with the XM NavTraffic service in 2004, XM has demonstrated out cutting-edge data capability that leverages the robust capability of the XM Satellite network. Pushing the envelope even further, XM is proud to announce the latest and most advanced service to date - XM Weather service.
What is XM Weather?
XM Weather is a new service enabling real-time graphical weather data for GPS navigation devices. XM Weather covers not only atmospheric but also conditions on the ground. The information displayed can be broken into three main areas:
- Current Weather Conditions
- Forecasted Weather Conditions - 5 day forecasted weather
- Threatening Weather Notifications - for near term (1/2 hour) Warnings and Watches are also included as part of the service.
What makes this service unique?
A weather data service by XM is not new as the XM Satellite Weather Service has been in place for a number of years now, providing real-time weather information for pilots and mariners. XM WX is "professional grade" weather that a pilot or mariner must interpret to understand the weather threat potential. What makes XM Weather unique is that the interpretation of the weather data is done for the user, providing clear information on current, future, and threatening weather conditions. The user can simply see the information provided and instantly know the current weather or weather threat potential.
How would I use the service?
Imagine hiking through the woods with the ONIX400 - skies are clear and there is a chance of rain. Using the XM Weather service you can graphically see the precipitation pattern as well as receive a warning of threatening storm conditions advancing on your position. Or, the rains have come but they are north of your position. A flash flood warning has been issued for your location by the NWS. due to the rain. The XM Weather service will graphically show the NWS warning directly on the ONIX 400, enabling you to take action based on the capabilities of the service.
XM Satellite Radio Offers
- 170 channels of news, sports, talk, entertainment and commercial free music
- Over 5,000 live sporting events from PGA, IRL, Hockey, Baseball, College Sports and more
- Award winning programming
- Superior digital sound quality coast to coast
Subscription Pricing Plans
- XM Satellite Radio (only) $12.95 / month
- XM Weather (only) $9.95 / month
- XM Radio & XM Weather $16.94 / month
- To Activate, Contact XM Listener Care at 1-800-985-9200
- ONIX 400 GPS/XM Receiver
- Lithium Ion Battery Pack
- 128MB MicroSD Card
- AC Charging Cord
- USB Cable
- Info Pack with Quick Start Guide, Registration Card, and CD-ROM
- Model # ONIX400
- SKU # 36 4000
- UPC # 029757 364005
- GPS Channels 20
- WAAS Enabled Yes
- Screen Type Full Color
- Display Size - Pixels 320 x 240
- Screen Size 3.5"
- # of Waypoints 1000
- # of Trails 20
- # of Routes 20
- User Memory 128MB MicroSD, expandable
- Waterproof Standard IPX
- USB Connection Yes
- Battery Type Li-Ion
- Battery Life* 32 hrs
- Base Map North America Included
- Download Images Photos & Topos
- Screen Layering Yes
- SafeTrack Battery Conservation* Yes
- Night Mode Yes
- Audible Alarms Yes
- User Selected Waypoint Icons Yes
- XM Weather, Radio & Sports Yes
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors