DeLorme Earthmate PN-60
Rugged, Reliable GPS with Maps Included
The DeLorme Earthmate PN-60 delivers next-generation GPS capabilities, plus DeLorme's market-leading map and aerial imagery displays. DeLorme Topo North America desktop software and GPS maps are included, with comprehensive detail for all your favorite outdoor activities in the U.S and Canada. Aerial imagery, nautical charts, and supplemental USGS and Canada topo maps are also available.
- Use the icon-based interface to easily navigate among the PN-60's map and function screens
- View cutaway elevation profiles with your position pinpointed
- Save all the maps and imagery you'll need on-device (3.5 GB internal memory)
- Save waypoints and tracks to internal memory with no finite limits; waypoints and tracks can be saved to and retrieved from SD cards
- Save up to 100 routes
- Stretch your battery life with the new Power Management System
- Choose from popular activities list to automatically set up relevant pages and info fields
Why Settle for Just One Map?
The PN60 has the amazing ability to layer multiple map and imagery types on the included Topo North America terrain and street detail. Whatever your preferred activity, you'll never have to settle for just one map. See Map Library section below for more information on available choices.
DeLorme Topo North America
Find your position on up-to-date DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 maps
- Full U.S. and Canada terrain and street detail, Mexico main roads
- U.S. trails and public recreation areas, including BLM lands
- Intuitive, easy to use, icon-based screen navigation
- Reliable, ergonomic push-button design that enables one-handed use, even with gloves on
- High-resolution sunlight-readable screen
Full Range of Handheld GPS Capabilities for Outdoor Activities
The PN-60 supports all popular outdoor activities, with features including:
- A highly-accurate 3-axis electronic compass that works when held in any position, moving on foot or standing still
- An elevation display that pinpoints your location
- Sensitive barometric altimeter for precise elevation readings and the ability to gauge potential weather changes
- Mark your vehicle and campsite locations for safety. Verify you're on the correct trail, or go off-trail with confidence. Extended battery life gives extra backcountry security.
- Up-to-date DeLorme topo maps for U.S. and Canada, aerial imagery, official USGS and Natural Resources Canada government topos, and NOAA nautical charts provide highly detailed, versatile, and accurate navigational and planning support
Day Hiking and Family Travel
- The first PN-Series GPS to have unique settings customized for different sports and activities. Just choose your activity and you're ready to go
- Create routes and search four million places of interest, from campgrounds to restaurants, to chain stores and more
Maps for Boaters
The ability to display NOAA nautical charts makes the PN-60 a valuable navigator for sea kayaking and coastal sailing. Navionics lake maps and marine charts (sold separately on SD cards) are also supported. And, the availability of high-resolution aerial imagery provides an accurate depiction of the natural and manmade features near your location.
DeLorme has devoted significant resources toward offering a rewarding geocaching experience. In addition to the unique value of available aerial imagery, the PN-60 delivers a wide range of paperless geocaching capabilities.
Choose one of eight pre-defined activity settings or one of two custom settings. The device will update Info Fields and Page Sequences to activity-specific settings. No more multiple steps when switching activities to customize screen views.
Customize the PN60 to Meet Your Needs
You can customize the PN-60's Information Page for your trip so that everything you want to know is all on one screen.
- Time or distance to next turn or finish (if navigating on a route)
- Distance traveled (odometer)
- Trip time
- Battery life, GPS accuracy
- Also create custom set-ups for quick access to the PN-60 screens and features you want for your favorite activities
- and much more!
Rugged, Waterproof, WAAS-enabled
- The PN-60 is waterproof, impact- and vibration-resistant, and WAAS-enabled for superior accuracy. The SD-card slot is securely located in the battery compartment, so all your saved data is safe and dry
- The PN-60's Button Lock prevents the execution of inadvertent, unwanted commands while the device is in use
Tested in the World's Most Extreme Conditions
PN-Series receivers have been tested in some of the most extreme conditions on earth. They were the GPS of choice for John Huston and Tyler Fish during their historic Victorinox North Pole 09 expedition, and Ed Viesturs took the PN-40 on his successful 2009 ascent of Mt. Everest.
- Military standard 810F for vibration and shock – also tested to function in high-vibration conditions such as the Bonneville Salt Flats
- Waterproof to the IEC 529 IPX7 standard
- Functions in high humidity, including consistent humidity levels over 90%, and in the rain
- Operating temperature range for the PN-60 is -20 degrees C to +75 degrees C
DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 Included
Plan the Perfect Outdoor Experience – Anywhere in the U.S. and Canada DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 PC desktop software is an exceptionally full-featured travel planning, routing, and GPS resource. Create customized maps with road and trail routes, and navigate worry-free in your vehicle, on foot, or on the water, anywhere from the Yukon to the Rio Grande.
- Use Topo North America to scout your trips as if you were there, with realistic 3-D and 360-degree rotation
- Locate places of interest, create driving and hiking routes, identify public lands, import maps and imagery
- Exchange GPS files with the PN-60
- Easily manage and edit your collected GPS files
- Print maps for take-along reference
Trust the Latest Map Detail
- 11,000 added U.S. national forest trails
- 210,000 new and updated roads
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management recreation lands now included
- The most up-to-date map detail from Canada government sources
U.S.-Based Cartography, Engineering, Service, and Support DeLorme does not outsource or off-shore its development or support services. Their innovative geospatial and hardware engineering, customer care, and technical support all originate from a New England headquarters – home to Eartha, the world's largest rotating and revolving globe.
DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 Minimum System Requirements
For GPS Use
Everything You Need is In the Box
- Earthmate PN-60 GPS
- Topo North America 9.0
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- 2 Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries
- USB data-transfer cable for PC-GPS data exchanges
- 5 regional discs of GPS maps from Topo North America 9.0, for use on PN-Series GPS
- Certificate for $40 worth of aerial imagery or other sample supplementary data downloads
- A sturdy, convenient neck lanyard
PN-60 Technical Specifications
Memory and Storage
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors