DeLorme Earthmate PN-60W w/ Spot Communicator
DeLorme and SPOT, the innovative leaders in mapping and GPS technologies, bring you the world's first handheld GPS with SPOT Satellite Communications. SPOT provides lifesaving communications technology that allows users to communicate from remote locations around the globe. As a result, the revolutionary DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w with SPOT Satellite Communicator, offers an array of outbound messaging and GPS mapping functionality never before available.
Peace of Mind Wherever You Go
This groundbreaking bundle pairs SPOT's renowned lifesaving Satellite Communicator with DeLorme's high-performance PN-60w GPS. Imagine typing freeform text messages on the go, sending messages to multiple user groups, and managing your contacts via a contact manager in your SPOT account online.
Communicate with family and friends from locations worldwide. Cell phone coverage can be unreliable, but the SPOT Satellite Communicator distributes your message dependably via satellite.
- Communicate even when cell phone service is unavailable
- Send custom Type & Send text messages to family and friends
- Allow others to track your progress on social network sites like Twitter, Facebook, and SPOTadventures.com
- Let family and friends know you're safe when your adventures take you to challenging locations. And, in case of emergency, you can send SOS messages with your GPS position embedded
Works Where Cell Phones Don't
The SPOT Satellite Communicator receives custom text messages and more sent from your PN-60w GPS, and transmits them wirelessly, EVEN OUTSIDE OF CELL PHONE RANGE. This provides a vital line of communication with friends and family when you want it, and emergency assistance when you need it.
Using 100% satellite technology, the PN-60w with SPOT Satellite Communicator works virtually anywhere in the world, even where cell phones don't – all with the push of a button.
Create Custom Text Messages
The Earthmate PN-60w enables creation of custom text messages for easy transmission by the SPOT Satellite Communicator. SPOT is a leader in personal satellite messaging communications.
And, if you encounter problems, you can send SOS messages describing your situation, with your GPS position embedded.
Offer Your Track in Real-Time to Friends and Family
Established SPOT technology enables anyone you designate to track your travels via online topographic maps.
Just one more way the PN-60w with SPOT Satellite Communicator delivers peace of mind.
Rugged, Reliable GPS with Maps Included
The DeLorme Earthmate PN-60w delivers next-generation GPS capabilities, plus DeLorme's market-leading map and aerial imagery displays. DeLorme Topo North America desktop software and GPS maps are included, with comprehensive detail for all your favorite outdoor activities in the U.S and Canada. Aerial imagery, nautical charts, and supplemental USGS and Canada topo maps are also available.
- Use the icon-based interface to easily navigate among the PN-60w's map and function screens
- View cutaway elevation profiles with your position pinpointed
- Save all the maps and imagery you'll need on-device (3.5 GB internal memory)
- Save waypoints and tracks to internal memory with no finite limits; waypoints and tracks can be saved to and retrieved from SD cards
- Save up to 100 routes
- Stretch your battery life with the new Power Management System
- Choose from popular activities list to automatically set up relevant pages and info fields
Why Settle for Just One Map?
The PN60 has the amazing ability to layer multiple map and imagery types on the included Topo North America terrain and street detail. Whatever your preferred activity, you'll never have to settle for just one map. See Map Library section below for more information on available choices.
DeLorme Topo North America
Find your position on up-to-date DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 maps
- Full U.S. and Canada terrain and street detail, Mexico main roads
- U.S. trails and public recreation areas, including BLM lands
- Intuitive, easy to use, icon-based screen navigation
- Reliable, ergonomic push-button design that enables one-handed use, even with gloves on
- High-resolution sunlight-readable screen
Full Range of Handheld GPS Capabilities for Outdoor Activities
The PN-60 supports all popular outdoor activities, with features including:
- A highly-accurate 3-axis electronic compass that works when held in any position, moving on foot or standing still
- An elevation display that pinpoints your location
- Sensitive barometric altimeter for precise elevation readings and the ability to gauge potential weather changes
- Mark your vehicle and campsite locations for safety. Verify you're on the correct trail, or go off-trail with confidence. Extended battery life gives extra backcountry security.
- Up-to-date DeLorme topo maps for U.S. and Canada, aerial imagery, official USGS and Natural Resources Canada government topos, and NOAA nautical charts provide highly detailed, versatile, and accurate navigational and planning support
Day Hiking and Family Travel
- The first PN-Series GPS to have unique settings customized for different sports and activities. Just choose your activity and you're ready to go
- Create routes and search four million places of interest, from campgrounds to restaurants, to chain stores and more
Maps for Boaters
The ability to display NOAA nautical charts makes the PN60w a valuable navigator for sea kayaking and coastal sailing. Navionics lake maps and marine charts (sold separately on SD cards) are also supported. And, the availability of high-resolution aerial imagery provides an accurate depiction of the natural and manmade features near your location.
DeLorme has devoted significant resources toward offering a rewarding geocaching experience. In addition to the unique value of available aerial imagery, the PN60 delivers a wide range of paperless geocaching capabilities.
Choose one of eight pre-defined activity settings or one of two custom settings. The device will update Info Fields and Page Sequences to activity-specific settings. No more multiple steps when switching activities to customize screen views.
Customize the PN60 to Meet Your Needs
You can customize the PN-60w's Information Page for your trip so that everything you want to know is all on one screen.
- Time or distance to next turn or finish (if navigating on a route)
- Distance traveled (odometer)
- Trip time
- Battery life, GPS accuracy
- Also create custom set-ups for quick access to the PN-60w screens and features you want for your favorite activities
- and much more!
Rugged, Waterproof, WAAS-enabled
- The PN-60w is waterproof, impact- and vibration-resistant, and WAAS-enabled for superior accuracy. The SD-card slot is securely located in the battery compartment, so all your saved data is safe and dry
- The PN-60w's Button Lock prevents the execution of inadvertent, unwanted commands while the device is in use
Tested in the World's Most Extreme Conditions
PN-Series receivers have been tested in some of the most extreme conditions on earth. They were the GPS of choice for John Huston and Tyler Fish during their historic Victorinox North Pole 09 expedition, and Ed Viesturs took the PN-40 on his successful 2009 ascent of Mt. Everest.
- Military standard 810F for vibration and shock – also tested to function in high-vibration conditions such as the Bonneville Salt Flats
- Waterproof to the IEC 529 IPX7 standard
- Functions in high humidity, including consistent humidity levels over 90%, and in the rain
- Operating temperature range for the PN-60w is -20 degrees C to +75 degrees C
DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 Included
Plan the Perfect Outdoor Experience – Anywhere in the U.S. and Canada DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 PC desktop software is an exceptionally full-featured travel planning, routing, and GPS resource. Create customized maps with road and trail routes, and navigate worry-free in your vehicle, on foot, or on the water, anywhere from the Yukon to the Rio Grande.
- Use Topo North America to scout your trips as if you were there, with realistic 3-D and 360-degree rotation
- Locate places of interest, create driving and hiking routes, identify public lands, import maps and imagery
- Exchange GPS files with the PN-60w
- Easily manage and edit your collected GPS files
- Print maps for take-along reference
Trust the Latest Map Detail
- 11,000 added U.S. national forest trails
- 210,000 new and updated roads
- U.S. Bureau of Land Management recreation lands now included
- The most up-to-date map detail from Canada government sources
U.S.-Based Cartography, Engineering, Service, and Support DeLorme does not outsource or off-shore its development or support services. Their innovative geospatial and hardware engineering, customer care, and technical support all originate from a New England headquarters – home to Eartha, the world's largest rotating and revolving globe.
DeLorme Topo North America 9.0 Minimum System Requirements
For GPS Use
Note: SPOT services require an annual subscription; visit findmespot.com for details.
Everything You Need is In the Box
- Earthmate PN-60w GPS
- SPOT Satellite Communicator, specially designed and engineered to work in tandem with the PN-60w
- Topo North America 9.0
- User Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- 2 Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA batteries
- USB data-transfer cable for PC-GPS data exchanges
- 5 regional discs of GPS maps from Topo North America 9.0, for use on PN-Series GPS
- Certificate for $40 worth of aerial imagery or other sample supplementary data downloads
- A sturdy, convenient neck lanyard
PN-60 Technical Specifications
Memory and Storage
SPOT Communicator Technical Specifications
Battery Life and Usage
Use only AA Lithium batteries in your SPOT Communicator. Alkaline or other battery technologies, including rechargeable batteries, are not recommended. In an emergency situation, if you have access to alkaline or other battery technologies, the SPOT Communicator might work but will not offer the specified battery life or performance.
Operating Conditions and Specifications
The SPOT Communicator must have an unobstructed view of the sky, either outdoors or in a glass enclosed area, such as a vehicle dashboard or sunroof. Visit findmespot.com for more detailed information.
SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of North America, Europe, Australia, and portions of South America, Africa, and Asia, as well as hundreds or thousands of miles off shore of these areas. It is important that you check coverage for your destination at findmespot.com before traveling.
Premium SMS Service
Additional charges may apply in some regions. Standard text messaging charges from your mobile phone provider may also apply. Visit findmespot.com for more information.
The SPOT Communicator performs a self-diagnostic test each time it is powered on. SPOT recommends that you send and verify a Check-in/ OK message before each trip. This also allows you to evaluate your entire messaging system—from the operational condition of the SPOT Communicator to the readiness of those on your contact list. See the FAQ section on findmespot.com for more information.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors