Garmin eTrex Summit Hand Held GPS Receiver DISCONTINUED
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Garmin. For a cost-effective unit with altimeter and compass, try the Garmin eTrex Vista (click here) instead.The eTrex Summit comes on the heels of the extremely popular eTrex, which was designed for both marine and recreation use. This new all-in-one navigation device for the outdoor enthusiast is the first combination GPS, altimeter, and electronic compass. The electronic compass provides bearing information when you're standing still and the altimeter determines precise altitude, so you can tell how high you've climbed and your rate of ascent.
Like its predecessor, the eTrex Summit boasts a powerful 12 parallel channel GPS receiver and comes packaged in a small, sleek case with operating buttons located on either side of the unit. The case is completely waterproof to withstand immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes.
The eTrex Summit: It's what the hard-core outdoorsman has been waiting for.
- 12 parallel channel GPs receiver, differential ready
- Electronic compass displays accurate heading while standing still
- Barometric sensor with automatic pressure trend recording
- Unit dimensions: 4.4"H x 2.0"W x 1.2"D
- (128 x 64 pixels)
- 4 level gray scale
- Weight: 5.3 ounces with batteries (not included)
- Electro-luminescent backlighting
- Battery life 22 hours GPs only, up to 13 hours GPs and Compass using two AA alkaline batteries
- Permanent user data storage; no memory battery required
- Water resistant, IEC-529, IPX7 (Submersible 1 meter @ 30 minutes)
- 500 User waypoints with name, elevation and graphic symbol
- 1 reversible route with up to 50 waypoints
- Position formats include Lat/Lon, UTM/UPS, Maidenhead, MGRS and user grid
- Trip computer provides current speed, average speed, time of sunrise/sunset, maximum speed, trip timer and trip odometer
- Elevation computer provides current elevation, ascent/descent rate, minimum and maximum elevation, total ascent and descent, average and maximum ascent and descent rate
- Automatic track and elevation log; 10 saved tracks let you review elevation profile and retrace your path in both directions
- eTrex Summit.
- Wrist strap.
- User's guide.
- Quick reference guide.
Physical & Performance:
|Unit dimensions, WxHxD:||4.4" x 2.0" x 1.2" (11.2 x 5.1 x 3.0 cm)|
|Display size, WxH:||1.1" x 2.1" (2.8 x 5.4 cm)|
|Display resolution, WxH:||64 x 128 pixels|
|Display type:||4 level gray LCD|
|Weight:||5.3 oz (150 g) with batteries|
2 AA batteries (not included)
|Battery life:||22 hours (GPS only); 13 hours (GPS and compass)|
|RoHS version available:||yes|
Maps & Memory:
|Ability to add maps:||no|
|Accepts data cards:||no|
|Track log:||10,000 points, 10 saved tracks|
|Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads):||no|
|Outdoor GPS games:||no|
|Sun and moon information:||yes|
|Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest):||no|
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors