Fishfinders / GPSGarmin GPSMAP 740S Radar Pack w/ GMR 24HD Radome
Garmin GPSMAP 740S Radar Pack w/ GMR 24HD Radome
NOTE: This unit requires a transducer for sonar operation, sold separately. Please select one to the right.GARMIN GPSMAP 740S RADAR PACK WITH GMR 24HDGPSMAP 740S Radar Pack w/GMR 24HD
Part #: 740S/GMR24HD
GPSMAP 740S GPS Chartplotter w/Sounder
With their wide panoramic displays, these affordable new systems bring fully menu-driven touchscreen control and radar interface to a compact standalone chartplotter. They are a great value for any boat or budget. The GPSMAP 700 series features a sleek 7-inch WVGA color display and a built-in high-sensitivity GPS receiver. Full NMEA 2000 connectivity is offered for engine, fuel, VHF, autopilot and other data monitoring. Plus, a standard radar port lets users connect with any Garmin GMR series marine radar for target scanning on the chartplotter screen1. Adding the optional GXM 51 receiver gives XM Satellite Radio and XM WX Satellite Weather capability for weather forecasting and storm tracking on the chartplotter (North America only; subscription required). Both the GPSMAP 720 series and 740 series models come preloaded with a worldwide marine basemap, which can easily be enhanced with optional BlueChart g2 or g2 Vision cards for expanded coverage of specific regions. In addition to its digital basemap, the Garmin GPSMAP 740 model also comes preloaded with detailed offshore maps for all U.S. coastal areas, including Alaska and Hawaii, plus Explorer Chart data for the Bahamas. And, by simply plugging in an optional BlueChart g2 Vision card, mariners can upgrade to premium features such as highresolution satellite imagery, Auto Guidance, aerial reference photos, and true 3D visual map perspective with both MarinerEye and FishEye views. The 720s and 740s features a powerful digital sounder with built-in 1,000-watt RMS capable sonar. This sonar can scan for fish, structure or other items of interest lurking as deep as 2,000 feet / 600 meters (with 1kW transducer).
Note: some advanced radar features such as Map Overlay, MARPA tracking and Dual Range display are not supported on the GPSMAP 700 series products.
- Brilliant, crisp 7" diagonal WVGA touchscreen display (800 x 480), 16:9 aspect ratio - over 1000 nits of brightness
- Add optional Garmin marine radar using the built-in radar port
- NMEA 2000 certified for seamless integration with the Garmin marine lineup
- Built-in high-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Preloaded worldwide marine basemap
- Built-in marine chart for the coastal US - including Alaska, Hawaii, and Explorer Chart data of the Bahamas (740 & 740S)
- Compatible with GXM 51 for XM Satellite Radio and XM WX Satellite Weather
- Streamlined user interface makes it simple to select modes and features
- Single SD memory card slot for BlueChart g2 and g2 Vision cards, as well as saving waypoints, routes and tracks to an SD card
- Optional BlueChart g2 Vision cards can provide enhanced features like Auto Guidance, satellite imagery, 3-D MarinerEye view and 3-D FishEye view
- High brightness display for superior daytime readability and super low-level dimming for optimum night vision
- Cleaner installation thanks to the newly designed bail mount with cable management capabilities
- Two NMEA 0183 ports
- Unit dimensions: 8.8"W x 5.6"H X 3.1" D
- Unit Weight: 2.48
- Power output: 1000 watts (RMS) 8000 watts (peak to peak), 1kW transducer500 watts (RMS) 4000 watts (peak to peak), dual frequency transducer
- Depth: 2000 ft/600 meters (dual frequency, 1kW transducer), 1500 ft (dual frequency, 500 kW transducer)
- UltraScroll high rep rate sonar provides lightning-fast screen updates
- AutoGain technology enchances target visibility
- See-Thru technoloogy, shows weak and strong returns simultaneously
- Water temperature log graphically records water temp data
- Adjustable depth line helps gauge desired fishing levels and bottom clearance
- Split zoom display offers a closer look at fish targets and bottom structure
- 2X, 4X, bottomlock zoom- plus a new manual zoom feature for greater control over the magnification of the sonar image
- Adjustable keel offset
- Alarms for fish size, shallow water, deep water and low battery
Sharpen your radar picture with high definition. The GMR 24 HD radar scanner offers a whole new level of radar performance, safety and situational awareness.
Get Powerful Performance
GMR 24 HD features high-powered Digital Signal Processing, providing sharper radar imagery and improved target separation to recreational boaters, professional mariners and yachtsmen.
This 24-inch, 4-kilowatt high definition radar has a 3.6 degree beamwidth and a 48 nm range. With automatic pulse optimization technology, the radar matches pulse widths and repetition rates with the nautical mile range that is selected. This gives you powerful 4-kilowatt radar penetration and unbelievably clear echo definition at all ranges up to 48 nm.
To help you avoid traffic on the water, the GMR 24 HD provides the option of MARPA target tracking when combined with a multi-function display and an optional heading sensor. MARPA tracking allows you to track the bearing, course, speed and predicted closest approach of up to 10 targets. In addition, like all Garmin radars, the GMR 24 HD has self-contained signal processing, which provides you with a more precise, easy to read signature.
Connect to the Garmin Marine Network
The GMR 24 HD transmits data over the Garmin Marine Network, a 100-megabit plug-and-play proprietary network that gives you the ability to expand your boats system as needed. Once connected to the network, you can use any network-compatible Garmin chartplotter as your radar screen. And as an aid to locational awareness, you can overlay the GMR 24 HD radar image on the chartplotter's map page. You can also split the on-screen display so that you can view the map and the standard radar page simultaneously.
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors
"Great selection, unbeatable prices, fast shipping. I am extremely happy with Tiger GPS and am recommending them to everyone I know."
- Gary, West Virginia
"Prompt shipment, great communication and a willingness to work for the customer. I would definitely highly recommend Tiger GPS!"
- Karen, California
"It arrived earlier than I expected. I also like the fact that I got e-mail from them confirming my order and giving me their contact info right away. It seemed personalized which I like."
- Stephen, Massachusetts
"The most informative site I have come across. Prices are amazing too - not sure why you would shop for GPS anywhere else."
- Wendy, Louisiana
"These guys know their stuff. They answer their phone right away, and the knowledgeable reps helped me pick the right GPS and even saved me some money!"
- Robert, New York
"No other site is willing to ship to a military APO address, and GPS is crucial out here. Great prices - thank you for supporting the troops."
- Edwin, USMC in Iraq