Garmin chirp Wireless Geocaching Beacon
The new Garmin chirp is a one-of-a-kind wireless beacon designed specifically for the outdoor adventures of geocahing. chirp is affordable, durable, waterproof and communicates with, and can be programmed by, compatible wireless-enabled Garmin handhelds (sold seperately). Geocachers can verify that a cache is nearby, access chirp's hints and see how many visitors have visited a cache. chirp adds another dimension to multi-caching by allowing users to retrieve multi-cache coordinates, making chirp the ultimate geocaching tool. chirp has up to one year of battery life, gives you the ability to password protect chirp, and is sized for being easily used within a well-placed cache.
Product Features and Specifications:
- Compatible with select wireless-enabled outdoor handhelds
- Automatically transmits data every 2 seconds
- Multistage coordinates, hints and descriptions, geocache ID and battery life information
- Password protected to prevent reprogramming of chirp device
- Up to one year battery life with continuous use, user replaceable CR2032 lithium coin cell battery
- Rugged, IPX7 waterproof design
- Typical range of 10 meters
- Size: 1.3" x 0.9" x 0.3"
- Less than 1.0 oz in total weight
- Package contains: chirp, CR2032 lithium coin cell battery, mounting disk, instruction manual
- Compatible units: Oregon 300, 400i, 400c, 400t, 450, 450t, 550, 550t, GPSMAP 62s, 62st, 78s, 78sc, Dakota 20
MPN: 010-11092-20 UPC: 753759969820
What's in the Box:
- CR2032 lithium coin cell battery
- Small adhesive disc
- Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 1.3" x 0.9" x 0.3" (3.3 x 2.3 x 0.7 cm)
- Weight: less than 1.0 oz (28 grams)
- Waterproof: yes (IPX7 - 1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Battery: up to 1 year with continuous use; user replaceable battery; message appears on your compatible Garmin device when battery is low
- Range: up to 32 feet (10 meters)
- Password protection: yes
- Do not mount the chirp inside a metal container.
- Do not bury the chirp.
- Do not put the chirp in water.
- A compatible Garmin device should detect the chirp within 10 meters (~30 feet). For maximum transmission range, allow the chirp to have an unobstructed view in all directions.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors