Garmin North America City Navigator NT Software 2008 DVD for Mac
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Garmin. It is replaced by the latest version of City Navigator NT (click here), with updated mapping.
With MapSource City Navigator North America 2008 DVD for Mac, you can literally travel to a new city, look up your hotel, restaurants, and other services and use your compatible Garmin GPS to guide you there without stopping for directions. This DVD includes fully routable detailed maps throughout the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. It is included with the purchase of several Garmin units and is also available for purchase as a stand-alone product.
Now you can get this powerful software at home on your Mac computer!
Garmin City Navigator NT DVDs include the same detailed maps and coverage areas found on City Navigator North America and City Navigator Europe DVDs. The primary difference is the compression technique used to create these DVDs.
City Navigator NT data is identical to the content on existing City Navigator products, so you can still literally travel to a new city, look up your hotel, restaurants, and other services and use your compatible Garmin GPS to guide you there without stopping for directions. City Navigator NT includes the same fully routable detailed maps.
Since NT data is compressed differently than other products, it can only be used with compatible Garmin devices. Some versions of City Navigator NT, such as North America and Europe, include traffic data that allows certain units to use traffic receivers.
So if your Garmin unit provides text-to-speech voice prompts and live traffic support, you'll want to use the NT version of City Navigator software.
New 2008 features include:
- Premium maps contain full coverage throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico including metropolitan and rural areas
- Includes detailed maps containing highways, interstates, business and residential roads with attributes such as turn restrictions, roundabout guidance, speed categories and other navigation features
- Displays nearly 6 million points of interest such as:
- food and drink
- emergency services
- post offices
- camp grounds
- movie theaters and more
- Postal code support for Canada
- Enhances pronunciation data for compatible GPS devices that can speak street names (example: "Turn right on Main St."). Your GPS device must be able to speak street names to use this data.
- Will automatically create point-to-point routes in MapSource and on compatible Garmin GPS units.
- With the "Unlock Wizard" to guide you through the unlock process.
Mac System Requirements: Any Intel-based Mac or PowerPC G3 or later Mac, 256 MB RAM, OS X 10.4 or later, 2GB free disk space, DVD drive, available serial port / USB port, USB cable, 2GB free disk space, DVD drive, available serial port / USB port, USB cable, 1024 x 768 display. Internet access is required, cable and GPS not included.
Compatible with (partial list):
eTrexes: Legend Cx, Venture Cx, Vista Cx; GPSMAPs 276C, 376C, 378, 396, 478, 496; GPSMAPs 60Cx, 60CSx, 76Cx, 76CSx; iQue M4; all nuvi models; Quest 2 StreetPilots: 2720, 2730, 7200, 7500, c320, c330, c340, c550, c580, i2, i3, i5; and zumo 450 & zumo 550.
Note: You cannot use this product to update the maps on your preloaded Garmin device. To order updated map data for your preloaded Garmin device, visit Garmin's Map Updates page.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors