Garmin Edge 305 Bundle with Cadence Sensor and Heart Rate Monitor for Cyclists
Take your ride to the next level with the Garmin Edge 305 - Garmin's GPS-enabled, personal trainer and cycle computer. From competitive road racing to mountain biking, the cyclist-friendly, lightweight Edge will help you achieve your personal best. With the easy-to-use Edge 305 on your bike, you'll always know where you're going and how far you've gone.
For advanced cyclists, the Edge 305 comes packaged with either a heart rate monitor or wireless speed/pedaling cadence sensor to provide valuable feedback. Heart rate and speed cadence are also sold separately as accessories so you can incorporate both features into your training. In addition, the Edge 305 incorporates a barometric altimeter for extremely accurate elevation and vertical profile data. Recreational cyclists looking for the perfect touring companion and fitness partner will love the Edge 205.
The Edge 305 has the ability to measure pedaling cadence, heart rate, speed, distance, time, calories burned, altitude, climb and descent, plus much more. 305 features include:
- Easy-to-install - no calibration required. Just snap it in the included bike mount and go
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver - knows your position even in tree cover and canyons, making it extremely reliable for navigation
- Customizable cycle computer - shows up to eight different data fields for continuous feedback
- Virtual Partner - lets you "race" a virtual competitor, making training fun
- Courses - lets you "race" against a recorded course to try to match previously set speeds at every point along the way
- Auto Pause - pauses the training timer when you slow down below a specified speed and resumes when you speed up again so you can focus on your ride
- Auto Lap - automatically triggers a lap every time you pass a specified location or travel a preset distance
- Training Center software - gives you the ability to create workouts, manage and download courses, and create a detailed post-ride analysis that charts your performance
The Edge 305 with heart rate lets you see whether you are training too hard or not enough. The heart rate monitor uses a robust wireless technology that eliminates cross-talk and interference and sends heart rate data to the Edge via a soft, comfortable chest strap. This data is stored with each track point for post-workout analysis.
The Edge 305 with cadence includes a self-calibrating, wireless speed/cadence sensor so you can monitor your pedaling cadence as you ride. Like the heart rate monitor, the speed/cadence sensor uses the same robust wireless technology to measure and report your pedaling strokes per minute.
With its waterproof, sleek design, the Edge is the perfect companion on any bike, and attaches to either the stem or handlebars. Its rugged case frames an easy-to-read, large, backlit display that can show up to eight different data fields along with altitude and a map view.
Included Training Center software gives you the ability to overlay your ride data onto a course map. It offers interactive analysis tools that measure your speed, distance, climb, and descent against varying terrain, elevation and more. Create and schedule custom workouts or use workout templates and download to the Edge.
Edge 305 Features:
- GPS: High-sensitivity SiRFstarIII receiver
- Antenna: Built-in patch GPS antenna
- Weight: 88 g, 3.1 oz.
- Display: 1.17" W x 1.44" H, 128 x 160 pixels, 4-level grayscale LCLD with backlighting
- Unit dimensions: 1.75 "W x 3.7" H x .9" D (44 x 94 x 23mm)
- Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.)
- Battery: Up to 12 hours (typical use); rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Track log: 13,000 track points
Edge series comparison guide
Here's how the units are different:
- Edge 205:
- Altitude: GPS based
- Elevation profile: yes
- Cadence: no
- Heart rate: no
- Edge 305 Bundle CAD/HR:
- Altitude: barometric altimeter
- Elevation profile: yes
- Cadence: yes
- Heart rate: yes
- Edge 305 with heart rate monitor AND speed/cadence sensor
- Bike mount
- Training Center CD
- A/C charger
- USB PC interface cable
- Quick reference guide
- Owner's manual
- Training data: Speed, distance, cadence (305 only), heart rate (305 only), lap by position, elevation, average and max speed, calories burned, climb and descent
- History: Automatically records up to 1000 laps. Download to your PC using included Training Center software.
- AutoPause: Automatically pauses the training timer when you slow down below a specified speed; timer resumes when you speed up again
- AutoLap: Automatically triggers a lap every time you pass a specified location or travel a preset distance
- Courses: Race against a recorded course and previous raced speeds at every point along the way. Combine Courses and Virtual Partner features and race an opponent that varies speed while climbing hills and navigating turns.
- Virtual Partner: Race against a virtual competitor. Depicts a digital cyclist (desired speed) in relation to your real-time speed and shows how far ahead or behind you are.
- Alerts: Speed, time, distance, heart rate (305 only), cadence (305 only)
- Calories: Calculates calories burned based on user profile, performance data and altitude changes
- Training Center: PC-based software (included) overlays ride data on a map and graphs speed, pace, heart rate, cadence and elevation. Create and schedule custom workouts or use workout templates and download to the Edge.
- Receiver: SiRFStarIII high sensitivity receiver
- Mark location: Mark and save up to 100 locations
- Find location: Look up and navigate to stored locations
- Back to start: Navigate back to starting location
- Track log: 13,000 track points
- Size: 1.75"W x 3.7"H x .9"D (44 x 94 x 23 mm)
- Display: 1.17"W x 1.44"H (29.65 x 36.69 mm), 128 x 160 pixels, 4-level grayscale LCD with backlighting
- Weight: 88 g
- Waterproof: Waterproof to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards. All components are submersible in 1m of water for 30 minutes
- Battery: 800 mAh rechargeable lithium-ion battery; 12 hours typical use
- Antenna: Internal patch
- Mount: 2-piece mount with zip ties; mounts on stem or handlebars
- PC Interface: USB
- Heart rate: Robust wireless transmission; sends heart rate data to Edge via chest strap
- Speed/cadence: Self-calibrating wireless sensor mounts to bike's rear chain stay. Wheel magnet mounts to rear wheel for speed; cadence magnet attaches to crank arm.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors