Garmin Forerunner 205 Personal Athletic Training System
Need an ultracompact GPS personal training aid, down to the size of a wristwatch? Tired of the clunky old systems without decent software? Sick of losing GPS reception in the city? Check out the new Garmin Forerunner 205. With an ultra-sleek new look and cutting-edge GPS technology, the new Forerunner solves all your problems for walking, running and biking.
Form meets function with Garmin's next-generation, sleek and stylish line of personal trainers - the Forerunner 205 and 305. Don't let their good looks fool you. These taskmasters will continually push you to do your personal best. In addition to it's new look, the Forerunner 205 includes a high sensitivity GPS receiver and new courses feature for optimal performance.
Designed for athletes of all levels, this running partner and personal trainer has one goal in mind - a better you. It continuously monitors your speed, distance, pace and calories burned so you can train smarter, more effectively. It tracks your every move with a super-sensitive GPS that even works on tree-covered trails and near tall buildings. Receive a detailed post-workout analysis on the PC with included Training Center software.
The Forerunner 205 keeps you on track with innovative features including:
- Sleek, stylish, lightweight design that "wraps" the GPS antenna around part of the wrist for a better view of the sky, improving reception during training
- High sensitivity GPS receiver provides faster acquisition times and improves tracking under trees and near tall buildings
- Customizable screens let you view up to 12 data fields on 3 data screens for immediate feedback on the information you need most when training
- Multi-sport capability lets you seamlessly transition between sports without resetting the unit, so you can use it for running, biking, and more
- Easy to use - no calibration required. Just turn it on and go!
Customize your Forerunner 205 to get the most out of your training. To help you achieve your personal best, the Forerunner 205 includes the following smart features:
- Courses feature lets you download recorded courses and and compete against previous workouts
- Auto Pause pauses and resumes training timer based on a specified speed so you never have to start or stop the timer
- Auto Lap records lap data when you reach a specified time, distance or position so you never have to punch the lap button
- Virtual Partner lets you train against a digital person at specified time, distance or pace goals
- AutoScroll cycles through data pages during a workout
Included Training Center software helps you tailor workouts to meet specific goals and objectives. Create your own workouts or use workout templates included on the CD. Interactive analysis tools let you chart performance overlaid on a map.
Data acquired by the Forerunner may also be analyzed with MotionBased.com, a web-based application that has partnered with Garmin. MotionBased provides in-depth analysis of your workouts, online mapping and route sharing that will take your training to the next level. Endurance athletes may also use the Forerunner with TrainingPeaks.com, an easy-to-use web based training system designed to help athletes train for any event.
Forerunner 205: You'll like the results.
Forerunner 205 Features: GPS:
- High Sensitivity SiRFstarIII architecture
- Weight: 2.72 oz. (77 grams)
- Display (WxH): 1.3" x 0.8" (33mm x 20.3mm)
- Physical size (WxHxD): 2.1 " x .7 " x 2.7" (53.3mm x 17.8mm x 68.6mm)
- Lap Memory: 1,000 laps
- Battery: Rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Battery Life: 10 hours (typical use)
- Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.)
- Forerunner 205
- Training Center CD
- Docking cradle
- Expander strap
- A/C charger
- PC/USB interface cable
- Quick start guide
- Owner's manual
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors