Garmin GPS 18 5Hz Sensor with Bare Wires
The Garmin GPS 18 5Hz is an OEM GPS sensor for use in machine control, guidance and agricultural applications that require 5 Hz position and velocity reports from a small, highly accurate GPS receiver.
Use in Small Spaces
This 12-parallel-channel, WAAS-enabled GPS comes with an integrated magnetic base for easy mounting. The puck-like receiver is 2.4 inches in diameter and weighs just a few ounces, making it an ideal solution for applications where space is at a premium.
Get Precise Position Data
The GPS 18 5Hz stores configuration information in non-volatile memory so it starts up quickly each time you use it. It also has a real-time clock and raw measurement output data for sophisticated, high-precision dynamic applications. For extra precision, it offers 5 Hz Measurement Pulse Output with rising edges that align to precise 0.2 second increments of UTC time, as long as the receiver has reported a valid and accurate position within the past 4 seconds.
Package IncludesBox Contents
- GPS 18 5Hz with 5 meter cable (bare wire connection)
Tech SpecsTechnical Specifications
- Size: 61 mm in diameter and 19.5 mm in height
- Weight: 5.7 oz (161.6 g)
- Color: Black
- Case Material: Polycarbonate thermoplastic that is waterproof to IEC 60529 IPX7 level (immersion in 1 meter of water for 30 minutes)
- Cable Length: 5 meter
- Input Voltage: 4.0-5.5 V
- Input Current: 65 mA @ 5.0 V
- CMOS Serial Output Levels: 0 V to Vin, between 4 and 5.5 V (Asynchronous Serial, TIA-232-F [RS-232] Compatible Polarity)
- GPS Receiver Sensitivity: -165 dBW minimum
- Operating Temperature: -30°C to +80°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +90°C
- Receiver: WAAS enabled; 12 parallel channel GPS receiver continuously tracks and uses up to 12 satellites (up to 11 with Measurement Pulse Output active) to compute and update your position.
- Acquisition Times:
- Reacquisition: Less than 2 seconds
- Warm :Approx. 15 seconds (all data known)
- Cold: Approx. 45 seconds (initial position, time, and almanac known; ephemeris unknown)
- AutoLocate: 5 minutes (almanac known; initial position and time unkown)
- SkySearch: 5 minutes (no data known)
- Update Rate: 5 records per second
- GPS Standard Position Service (SPS) Position < 15 meters, 95 % typical
- GPS Standard Position Service (SPS) Velocity: 0.1 knot RMS steady State
- WAAS Position: < 3 meters, 95% typical
- WAAS Velocity: 0.1 knot RMS steady State
- Measurement Pulse Output Time: ± 1 microsecond at rising edge of pulse
- Dynamics: 999 knots velocity (only limited at altitude greater than 60,000 feet, 6g dynamics)
- Electrical Characteristics: TIA-232-F (RS-232) compatible asynchronous receiver. Default setting is 19200 baud.
- Protocols: NMEA 0183 Version 2.0 or NMEA 0183 Version 2.30
- Available NMEA 0183 output sentences include GPALM, GPGGA, GPGSA, GPGSV, GPRMC, GPVTG, GPGLL, PGRME, PGRMF, PGRMT, PGRMV, and PGRMB (Garmin proprietary sequences).
- Configuration and initialization is accomplished with NMEA 0183 input sequences. Allows initialization of information such as expected position, date, time, earth datum, and differential mode.
- Configurable for binary data output including GPS carrier phase data.
Measurement Pulse Output
- 5 Hz pulse synchronized with the time of fix. One of the five pulses will align with the UTC second boundary. The pulse width is programmable from 20 ms to 180 ms. The PGRMC sentence will indicate which pulse is at the top-of-the-second.
- 1 µs accuracy for all conditions in which the GPS 18-5Hz has reported a valid and accurate position fix for at least the previous 4 seconds.
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors