Garmin GPS 18x PC OEM GPS Sensor w/ DB9 Connector and 12V Power Cable
The Garmin GPS 18x is an OEM, high-sensitivity GPS sensor for use in automotive, fleet vehicle, and electronics applications that require a small, highly accurate GPS receiver.
Use in Small Spaces
This high-sensitivity, 12-parallel-channel, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver is available in CMOS-level serial or USB 2.0 full-speed versions and comes with an integrated magnetic base. The puck-like receiver is 2.4" (6.1 cm) in diameter and weighs just a few ounces, making it an ideal solution for applications where space is at a premium.
Choose Your Connection Type
The GPS 18x is offered in 3 different cable configurations. All 3 versions of the GPS 18x come complete with non-volatile memory for storage of configuration information, a real-time clock and raw measurement output data for sophisticated customer applications.
- GPS 18x PC (This Page) — has DB-9 pin serial connector with a 12 V cigarette lighter adapter; can output data in NMEA 0183 format (industry standard) or proprietary Garmin format.
- GPS 18x USB — has A-style USB connector, compatible with USB 2.0 and 1.1 full-speed hosts; can output data in Garmin proprietary format only.
- GPS 18x LVC — has bare wire for connection to a variety of applications; can output data in NMEA 0183 format (industry standard) or proprietary Garmin format; provides a pulse-per-second logic-level output with a rising edge aligned to within 1 microsecond of UTC time.
The GPS 18x OEM is a high-sensitivity GPS sensor that replaces the GPS 18 OEM.
Which GPS 18x Should I Use?
|GPS 18x USB||GPS 18x PC||GPS 18x LVC||GPS 18x-5Hz|
|Connection||Garmin USB||DB9 w/ DC Cable||Bare Wires||Bare Wires|
|Cable Length||2 meters||2 meters||5 meters||5 meters|
|Update Rate||1 rec/sec||1 rec/sec||1 rec/sec||5 rec/sec|
|Interfaces||USB 2.0, 1.1||NMEA 0183||NMEA 0183||NMEA 0183|
|Measurement Pulse Output||n/a||n/a||1 Hz||5 Hz|
|Link||GPS 18x USB||GPS 18x PC||GPS 18x LVC||GPS 18x-5Hz|
MPN: 010-00321-34 UPC: 753759077822
GPS 18x PC Technical Specifications
- Size: 61 mm (2.4") in diamter and 19.5 mm (0.77") in height
- Weight: 6.3 oz (180g)
- Color: Black
- Case Material: Polycarbonate thermoplastic that is waterproof to IEC 60529 IPX7 level (immersion in one meter of water for 30 minutes)
- Cable Length: 2 meter
- Input Voltage: 8-30 Vdc (Automotive supply from cigarette lighter jack)
- Input Current: 65 mA @ 12 Vdc
- CMOS Serial Output Levels: 0 Vdc to 5 Vdc (Asynchronous Seria, TIA-232-F [RS-232] Compatible Polarity)
- GPS Receiver Sensitivity: -185 dBW minimum
- Environmental: Operating Temperature: -30°C to +80°C (-22°F to +176°F)
- Environmental: Storage Temperature: -40°C to +90°C (-40°F to +194°F)
- Receiver: WAAS-enabled GPS receiver continuously tracks and uses multiple satellites to compute and update your position.
- Acquisition Times:
- Reacquisition: Less than 2 seconds
- Hot: Approx. 1 second (all data known)
- Warm: Approx. 38 seconds (initial position, time, and almanac known; ephemeris unknown)
- Cold: Approx. 45 seconds
- Update Rate: 1 record per second
- GPS Standard Positioning Service (SPS): Position < 15 meters, 95% typical
- GPS Standard Positioning Service (SPS): Velocity: 0.1 knot RMS steady state
- WAAS: Position < 3 meters, 95% typical
- WAAS: Velocity: 0.1 knot RMS steady state
- Measurement Pulse Output Time: ± 1 microsecond at rising edge of the pulse
- Dynamics: 999 knots velocity (only limited at altitude greater than 60,000 feet), 2g dynamics
- GPS 18x PC Electrical Characteristics: TIA-232-F (RS-232) compatible asynchronous receiver. Default setting is 4800 baud.
- To download a PDF with additional specifications, pin-outs, wiring diagrams and more, (Click Here).
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors