Garmin GPSMAP 378 Portable GPS Chartplotter with Pre-Loaded Lake and Road Maps SOLD OUT
Your automotive GPS is useless on your boat. Your GPS chartplotter won't give you voice-prompted turn-by-turn directions on the road. Neither one has batteries for portability. You wish for an all-in-one solution that solves every navigation need.
If you've ever felt this way, then your wishes have been granted, thanks the Garmin GPSMAP 378!
On land or water, you're ready to go
Go from box to boat to dash with the portable and versatile GPSMAP 378. This combination color chartplotter and land navigator comes preloaded with maps for lakes throughout the continental U.S., in addition to detailed street-level mapping. Optional weather and sonar capabilities combined with the ability to conveniently add plug-in data cards, let you easily add more maps and features - making this one incredible GPS navigator for land and freshwater.
Preloaded and Portable
From curbside to dockside, the GPSMAP 378 has you covered - no downloads or computer required. Its preloaded inland lake maps boast 10-meter resolution for more than 3200 lakes - many with depth contours. In addition, these built-in freshwater maps provide shoreline detail, river and creek channels, islands, boat ramps, campgrounds and more for tens of thousands of lakes across the continental U.S. - giving you the freedom to boat and fish anywhere in the states. These maps also show streams and rivers, tide stations and predictions, a wrecks and obstructions database, and U.S. Coast Guard aids to navigation.
For road trips, the 378 along with its saltwater counterpart, the GPSMAP 478, come preloaded with City Navigator NT detailed street maps for North America and include automatic routing with voice guidance along with an industry-leading database with more than six million points of interest - including hotels, restaurants, gas stations, marinas, attractions and more. These street maps are seamlessly integrated with the 378's lake maps. An included marine mount and automotive kit make it a snap to transfer the unit from boat to car.
See real-time weather displayed on the 378's high-resolution 256-color sunlight-readable TFT display with the purchase of the GXM 30 antenna (sold separately) and subscription to XM WX Satellite Weather. View vital weather data, such as NEXRAD radar, storm cells, wind speeds, surface temperatures, forecasts and more than a dozen other weather attributes directly on the unit's display - so you can spend more time enjoying the water and less time worrying about the weather.
With the GXM 30 antenna, you also have the option of receiving XM Satellite Radio's 150 plus channels of commercial-free music, sports, news, talk and entertainment programming. Weather and audio options travel with your plotter, whether you're navigating on land or sea.
If fishing's your game, pair the 378 with the Garmin GSD 21 remote sounder module to add sonar capability. The GSD 21 is Garmin's "black box" sounder, which offers 4,000 watts of power peak-to-peak (500 watts RMS) in a dual-frequency transducer (purchased separately).
Plug-and-play Additional Mapping
Optional software available on plug-in Garmin data cards, lets you instantly add new maps to your GPSMAP 378 - without connecting to your computer. Heading offshore? Pair the 378 with BlueChart g2 cards for exceptional offshore detail, port photos and more. Easily customize map data for your adventures on land or sea with our optional MapSource cartography. See the MapSource Compatibility table (top right) for a list of software that Garmin recommends with this product.
The GPSMAP 378: Loaded for freshwater fun, right out of the box!
- Garmin GPSMAP 378
- Preloaded U.S. Inland Lakes
- Preloaded City Navigator NT North America (full coverage)
- Trip & Waypoint Manager
- USB/PC interface cable
- Power/data cable
- Marine mount
- Automotive mount
- Universal friction mount
- 12-volt adapter cable with speaker
- AC charger
- Protective cover
- Owner's manual
- Quick reference guide
GPSMAP 378 Features:
- Receiver: WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS receiver
- Display: 3.8-inch diagonal, 480 x 320 pixel, 256-color TFT screen with adjustable LED backlight
- Unit dimensions: 5.7"W x 3.2"H x 1.9"D
- Waypoints: Stores 3,000 waypoints and 50 reversible routes
- Tracks: 10,000 point automatic track log saves up to 15 tracks
- Battery life: Rechargeable lithium-ion battery offers 4 to 15 hours of use (4 hours with GXM 30 and 15 without GXM 30)
- Water resistant up to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for 30 minutes)
- Preloaded inland lakes
- Built-in street navigation with voice prompts, using included cable and speaker
- Accepts the latest (optional) BlueChart g2 data cards
- Add optional GSD 21 for full-feature sonar capability
- Add optional GXM 30 antenna for XM WX Satellite Weather
- Provides tides and built-in celestial information
- NMEA 0183 input and output
- Removable quad helix antenna
- Single knob tilt/swivel mount
1. The instruction manual is difficult to comprehend. I found it very difficult to understand while trying to interprety instructions in the automotive mode. I had a small Garmin GPS previously and found it extremely simple.
2. Why can't the speaker be built into the unit instead of the cord? The battery provides great life but that cord at times is in the way.
3. How often is your pre-loaded road maps updated? In my line of business I travel considerably providing route surveys to bring in heavy engineered equipment. On several occassions it has brought me to roads that no longer exist or have been blocked due to new highways. It has also brought me to the wrong location. It did bring me to the areas but not to the point I was looking for.
I had it about 3 weeks now and used it on long trips and performed well.
Only problem that I have is that the voice sounds distorted so I will ask Garmin a replacement.
Tiger GPS customer service etc is vwery good
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors