Garmin GPSMAP 420 Compact Color GPS Chartplotter
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Garmin. It is replaced by the GPSMAP 421 (click here), with a new digital design, high-frequency GPS receiver, cleaner interface, and expanded connectivity.
This version of the Garmin GPSMAP 420 is a chartplotter only with basic navigation information. For configurations with built-in sonar, click here.
Garmin is pleased to announce the GPSMAP 420: a sleek, space-saving plotter that features an ultra-bright 4" QVGA display and comes ready to launch right out of the box with new worldwide satellite imagery and a new streamlined user interface.
With fewer buttons to push and fewer operational steps to navigate, the simplified menu format on the GPSMAP 420 makes it easy for you to see and select the data you want to access on-screen. The 420s includes a combo sounder that can scan as deep as 1500 feet/ 457 meters (with dual frequency transducer) to clearly paint depth contours, fish targets, structure, etc. Both models are CANet capable, allowing sounder data to be shared with other plotter displays.
Plug in optional BlueChart g2 Vision cards to add true 3D-view detailed mapping capabilities (both above and below the waterline), plus helpful auto guidance, high-resolution photomapping detail, and "real world" aerial photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest.
Enable the full functionality of the GPSMAP 440-series with the addition of a BlueChart g2 Vision SD card
BlueChart g2 Vision cards provide:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides "real world" photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner's Eye view - Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix
- Fish Eye view - 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
- GPSMAP 420
- Built-in GPS Receiving Antenna
- Power/Data cable
- Mounting bracket with tilt/swivel
- Protective front cover
- Owner's manual and Quick Reference Guide
GPSMAP 420 Specifications
- Ultra-bright 4" diagonal QVGA display, 320 x 240 pixels - over 800 nits of brightness
- New streamlined user interface offers easy selection of functions and features
- Preloaded worldwide satellite imagery
- Single SD memory card slot for BlueChart g2 Vision cards, as well as saving waypoints, routes and tracks to a SD card which can be shared with others
- Built-in GPS antenna
- BNC connector for optional GA29 remote GPS antenna
- Backlit keypad for easier operation at night
- CANet proprietary bus allows display and control of full feature sounder data on Garmin chartplotters
- Two NMEA 0183 I/O ports
- Unit dimensions: 5.7"W x 5.0"H x 2.7"D
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors