Garmin GPSMAP 430 Compact Color GPS Chartplotter
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Garmin. It is replaced by the GPSMAP 431 (click here), with upgraded technology and an improved interface.
This version of the Garmin GPSMAP 430 is a chartplotter only pre-loaded with U.S. inland charts. For configurations with an XM receiver and/or built-in sonar, click here.
Garmin is pleased to announce the GPSMAP 430: a sleek, space-saving plotter that features an ultra-bright 4" QVGA display and comes ready to launch right out of the box with built-in cartography, new worldwide satellite imagery and a new streamlined user interface.
The 430-series comes preloaded with coast-to-coast cartography for inland U.S. waters, of which over 5000 of these lakes and navigable waters include invaluable details such as extra resolution, depth contours, boat ramps, mile markers, hazards, marinas, campgrounds, area roads, and more. (Contiguous 48 states only.)
The powerful built-in analog sounder found in the 430s and 430sx can scan as deep as 900' (in dual beam mode) and features UltraScroll for high-speed screen updates. The 430s and 430sx also offer split-screen viewing of map and sounder data for easy, continuous reference.
The 430x and 430sx includes the GXM 31 Smart Antenna. With a subscription to XM Satellite Weather, the 430x and 430sx can provide continuously-delivered weather on the unit's high-resolution sunlight-readable display. Vital weather data, such as NEXRAD radar, forecasts, and current conditions is graphically displayed directly on the chart - so you can spend more time enjoying the water and less time worrying about the weather.
Enable offshore functionality of the GPSMAP 430-series with the addition of a BlueChart g2 Vision SD card
BlueChart g2 Vision cards provide:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides "real world" photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner's Eye view - Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix
- Fish Eye view - 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
- GPSMAP 430
- Built-in GPS Receiving Antenna
- Power/Data cable
- Mounting bracket with tilt/swivel
- Protective front cover
- Owner's manual and Quick Reference Guide
GPSMAP 430 Specifications
- Ultra-bright 4" diagonal QVGA display, 320 x 240 pixels - over 800 nits of brightness
- New streamlined user interface offers easy selection of functions and features
- Preloaded with worldwide satellite imagery and U.S. inland lakes cartography
- Over 5000 lakes and navigable rivers with detailed shoreline information as well as depth contours, boat ramps, mile markers and more - Many lakes are enhanced with satellite imagery
- The "x" version includes a GXM 31 antenna which allows for the unit to display NEXRAD weather radar and forecasts, current conditions, wind direction, county warnings and much more
- Single SD memory card slot - save waypoints, routes and tracks to a SD card and share this data with others
- Built-in GPS antenna
- BNC connector for optional GA29 remote GPS antenna
- Backlit keypad for easier operation at night
- Two NMEA 0183 I/O ports (430 & 430s) - One NMEA 0183 I/O port (430x & 430sx)
- CANet proprietary bus allows display and control of full feature sounder data on Garmin chartplotters
- Unit dimensions: 5.7"W x 5.0"H x 2.7"D
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors