Garmin GPSMAP 520 Color GPS Chartplotter
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Garmin. It is replaced by the GPSMAP 521 (click here), with a new digital design, high-frequency GPS receiver, cleaner interface, and expanded connectivity.
This version of the Garmin GPSMAP 520 is a chartplotter only pre-loaded with a basemap. For configurations with built-in sonar, click here.
Garmin is pleased to announce the GPSMAP 520: a new plotter with a bright 5" QVGA display with worldwide satellite imagery and a new streamlined user interface.
Both the GPSMAP 520 and GPSMAP 520s feature crisp, sunlight readable VGA displays driven by high-speed processors. They offer exceptional detail, fast redraw rates, and the most realistic photo-enhanced cartography ever seen in their class of fixed-mount electronics. Options such as true 3D-view mapping, both above and below the waterline, plus available auto guidance safe-passage routings help simplify navigation. And an optional SD card slot makes it easy to plug in extra chart regions and features, as well as panoramic aerial photo reference.
Enable the full functionality of the GPSMAP 520-series with the addition of a BlueChart g2 Vision SD card
BlueChart g2 Vision cards provide:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides "real world" photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner's Eye view - Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix.
- Fish Eye view - 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
- GPSMAP 520
- Built-in GPS receiving antenna
- Power/data cable
- Mounting bracket with tilt/swivel
- Protective front cover
- Owner's manual and quick reference guide
GPSMAP 520 Features and Specifications
- Bright 5" diagonal QVGA display, 320 x 240 pixels - 800 nits of brightness - Auto-dimming display
- New streamlined user interface offers easy selection of functions and features
- Worldwide satellite imagery
- Single SD memory card slot for BlueChart g2 Vision cards, as well as saving waypoints, routes and tracks to a SD card which can be shared with others
- Built-in GPS antenna
- BNC connector for optional GA29 remote GPS antenna
- Backlit keypad for easier operation at night
- Two NMEA 0183 ports to support both AIS and DSC
- CANet proprietary bus allows display and control of full feature sounder data on Garmin chartplotters
- Unit dimensions: 6.4" W x 5.9" H x 2.9" D
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors