Garmin GPSMAP 540s GPS/Sonar Combo w/Coastal Maps (No Transducer)
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Garmin. It is replaced by the GPSMAP 541s (click here), with a new digital design, high-frequency GPS receiver, cleaner interface, and expanded connectivity.
This version of the Garmin GPSMAP 540s is a chartplotter/sonar combo pre-loaded with marine charts. You must purchase an accessory transducer for sonar use. For other configurations, click here.
Garmin is pleased to announce the GPSMAP 540: a new plotter with a bright 5" QVGA display that comes ready to launch right out of the box with built-in cartography, new worldwide satellite imagery and a new streamlined user interface.
The 540-series is preloaded with highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States - including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information.
The powerful built-in analog sounder found in the 540s can scan as deep as 1500' (in dual frequency mode) and features UltraScroll for high-speed screen updates. The 540s also offers split-screen viewing of map and sounder data for easy, continuous reference.
See real-time weather displayed on the 540-series high-resolution, sunlight readable display with the purchase of the GXM 31 antenna (sold separately) and subscription to XM WX Satellite Weather. View vital weather data, such as NEXRAD radar, storm cells, wind speeds, surface temperatures, forecasts and more than a dozen other weather attributes directly on the unit's chart - so you can spend more time enjoying the water and less time worrying about the weather.
Plug in optional BlueChart g2 Vision cards to add true 3D-view detailed mapping capabilities (both above and below the waterline), plus helpful auto guidance, high-resolution photomapping detail, and "real picture" aerial photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest.
Enable the full functionality of the GPSMAP 540-series with the addition of a BlueChart g2 Vision SD card
BlueChart g2 Vision cards provide:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides "real world" photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner's Eye view - Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix.
- Fish Eye view - 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
- GPSMAP 540s
- Built-in GPS receiving antenna
- Power/data cable
- Mounting bracket with tilt/swivel
- Protective front cover
- Owner's manual and quick reference guide
GPSMAP 540 Features and Specifications
- Ultra-bright 5" diagonal QVGA display, 320 x 240 pixels - 800 nits of brightness - Auto-dimming display
- New streamlined user interface offers easy selection of functions and features
- Preloaded with worldwide satellite imagery and highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States - including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information.
- Preloaded with Explorer charts covering the Bahamas
- View weather overlays such as NEXRAD weather radar and forecasts, current conditions, wind direction, wave direction, wave height, buoy data, lightning, county warnings and much more with the optional GXM 31 antenna
- Single SD memory card slot for BlueChart g2 Vision cards, as well as saving waypoints, routes and tracks to a SD card which can be shared with others
- Built-in GPS antenna
- BNC connector for optional GA29 remote GPS antenna
- Backlit keypad for easier operation at night
- Two NMEA 0183 ports to support both AIS and DSC
- CANet proprietary bus allows display and control of full feature sounder data on Garmin chartplotters
- Unit dimensions: 6.4" W x 5.9" H x 2.9" D
GPSMAP 540s Specifications & Features
- Same features as listed above
- Get 1kW of digital sonar power using the 1kW transducers
- Power output dual frequency: 500 watts (RMS) 4000 watts (peak to peak)
- Power output dual beam: 400 watts (RMS) 3200 watts (peak to peak)
- Depth: 1,500 feet (dual frequency), 900 feet (dual beam),
- Choose a dual frequency transducer 50kHz (45°), 200kHz (10°) for maximum saltwater performance or choose the dual beam transducer 80kHz (45°), 200kHz (14°) for maximum freshwater performance
- Patented transom/trolling mount transducer
- UltraScroll high rep rate sonar provides lightning-fast screen updates
- New AutoGain technology enhances target visibility
- See-Thru technology: shows weak and strong returns simultaneously
- Water temperature log graphically records water temp data
- Round flasher display mode (in dual beam mode) and A-scope (in dual frequency mode)
- Adjustable depth line helps gauge desired fishing levels and bottom clearance
- Split zoom display offers a closer look at fish targets and bottom structure
- 2X, 4X and bottomlock zoom
- Adjustable keel offset
- Alarms for fish size, shallow water, deep water and low battery
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors