Garmin GPSMAP 545 Color GPS Chartplotter with Pre-Loaded Coastal Maps
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Garmin. It is replaced by the GPSMAP 546 (click here), with a new digital design, high-frequency GPS receiver, cleaner interface, and expanded connectivity.
This version of the Garmin GPSMAP 545 is a chartplotter only pre-loaded with marine charts. For configurations with built-in sonar, click here.
Garmin is pleased to announce the GPSMAP 545: a new plotter with a high resolution, super-bright, video-quality 5" VGA display that comes ready to launch right out of the box with built-in cartography, new worldwide satellite imagery and a new streamlined user interface.
The 545-series is preloaded with highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States - including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information.
The powerful built-in analog sounder found in the 545s can scan as deep as 1500' (in dual frequency mode) and features UltraScroll for high-speed screen updates. The 545s also offers split-screen viewing of map and sounder data for easy, continuous reference.
See real-time weather displayed on the 545-series high-resolution, sunlight readable display with the purchase of the GXM 31 antenna (sold separately) and subscription to XM WX Satellite Weather. View vital weather data, such as NEXRAD radar, storm cells, wind speeds, surface temperatures, forecasts and more than a dozen other weather attributes directly on the unit's chart - so you can spend more time enjoying the water and less time worrying about the weather.
Plug in optional BlueChart g2 Vision cards to add true 3D-view detailed mapping capabilities (both above and below the waterline), plus helpful auto guidance, high-resolution photomapping detail, and "real picture" aerial photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest.
Enable the full functionality of the GPSMAP 545-series with the addition of a BlueChart g2 Vision SD card
BlueChart g2 Vision cards provide:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides "real world" photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner's Eye view - Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix.
- Fish Eye view - 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
- GPSMAP 545
- Built-in GPS receiving antenna
- Power/data cable
- Mounting bracket with tilt/swivel
- Protective front cover
- Owner's manual and quick reference guide
GPSMAP 545 Features and Specifications
- Ultra-bright 5" diagonal full VGA display, 640 x 480 pixels - 800 nits of brightness - Auto-dimming display
- New streamlined user interface offers easy selection of functions and features
- Preloaded with worldwide satellite imagery and highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States - including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information.
- Preloaded with Explorer charts covering the Bahamas
- View weather overlays such as NEXRAD weather radar and forecasts, current conditions, wind direction, wave direction, wave height, buoy data, lightning, county warnings and much more with the optional GXM 31 antenna
- Single SD memory card slot for BlueChart g2 Vision cards, as well as saving waypoints, routes and tracks to a SD card which can be shared with others
- Built-in GPS antenna
- BNC connector for optional GA29 remote GPS antenna
- Backlit keypad for easier operation at night
- Two NMEA 0183 ports to support both AIS and DSC
- CANet proprietary bus allows display and control of full feature sounder data on Garmin chartplotters
- Unit dimensions: 6.4" W x 5.9" H x 2.9" D
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors