Garmin nuvi 1300LM Bundle with Lifetime Map Updates
NOTE: This bundle contains the nuvi 1300 as well as Lifetime map updates for North America. For other configurations, see below.
The ultra-thin Garmin nüvi 1300 has a widescreen display, yet it’s slim and light enough to take along on all your travels. This affordable GPS comes with regional mapping, announces streets by name and calculates a more fuel-efficient route with ecoRoute.
Lifetime Map Updates for U.S. & Canada
For the most up-to-date mapping in a Garmin product, use the Garmin nuMaps Lifetime Map Update North America Card. Register the card through Garmin's site, and you will have access to download the latest mapping coverage, forever! (Or at least as long as Garmin continues to make maps for it.) This new generation of Garmin Map Update allows customers a simple and convenient way to update the detailed maps of North America (United States, Canada and Puerto Rico) and the latest (over 6 million) points of interest in their NT-compatible Garmin product. Garmin users with compatible devices will now have all the latest details to navigate with confidence.
Slim Down. Take It With You
Twenty-five percent slimmer than other nuvis, the 1200 and 1300-series are ideal traveling companions. nuvi 1300 easily fits in your pocket or purse, and its rechargeable lithium-ion battery makes it convenient for navigation by car or foot. Take advantage of the 1300's new Public Transit mode by downloading optional CityXplorer content (coming soon) for select cities to navigate via subways, trams, buses and more.
With nuvi 1300's widescreen display, you'll always get the big picture. View map detail, driving directions, photos and more in bright, brilliant color. Its sunlight-readable, 4.3-inch display is easy to read — from any direction.
Get Turn-by-Turn Directions
nuvi 1300's intuitive interface greets you with two simple questions: "Where To?" and "View Map." Touch the color screen to easily look up addresses and services and get voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names to your destination. It comes preloaded with City Navigator NT street maps for the continental U.S., Hawaii and Puerto Rico, millions of points of interest (POIs), and 2-D or 3-D maps. Its digital elevation maps show you shaded contours at higher zoom levels, giving you a big picture of the surrounding terrain. With the 1300's enhanced user interface, you can slide your finger to conveniently scroll between screens. You can also upload custom points of interest (POIs). And with HotFix satellite prediction, nuvi calculates your position faster to get you there quicker.
Go Beyond Navigation
Navigation is just the beginning. nuvi 1300 saves you gas and money with ecoRoute — a green feature that calculates the most fuel-efficient route, tracks fuel usage and more. The 1300 includes many travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. With photo navigation, you can download pictures from Garmin Connect Photos and navigate to them. It's also compatible with lifetime traffic alerts or MSN Direct (receiver purchase required for either option). With its "Where Am I?" emergency locator, you always know your location. Simply tap the screen to get your exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and fuel stations. The 1300 features Garmin Lock, an anti-theft feature, and is compatible with our free Garmin Garage where you can download custom custom voices and vehicles. Enhance your travel experience with optional plug-in microSD cards.
Garmin nuvi 1200 & nuvi 1300 Series Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the nuvi 1200?
A: The nuvi 1200 leads the next generation of personal GPS navigation devices from Garmin. The nuvi 1200 and nuvi 1300 series are the smallest, slimmest models to date but don't cut back on features, including a new, improved pedestrian mode.
Q: What is the difference between the nuvi 1200 and nuvi 1300 series?
A: The nuvi 1300 series features 4.3" diagonal screens, while the nuvi 1200 series features 3.5" diagonal screens. Additionally, the higher-end nuvi 1300 models have extra features.
Q: What models are available in the nuvi 1200 series?
A: The nuvi 1200 is the base model, pre-loaded with maps of the lower 48 United States, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. The nuvi 1250 adds maps of Alaska and Canada as well. The nuvi 1260T has the full maps of the 1250 and adds Bluetooth for hands-free calling and a lifetime traffic receiver in the box.
Q: What models are available in the nuvi 1300 series?
A: The nuvi 1300 is the base model, pre-loaded with maps of the lower 48 United States, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. The nuvi 1350 adds maps of Alaska and Canada as well, plus Lane Assist, which shows drivers what lane to be in, on screen. The nuvi 1350T adds a lifetime traffic receiver to the 1350. Upgrade to the nuvi 1370T for Bluetooth and maps of Europe in addition to North America; upgrade to the nuvi 1390T for Bluetooth and Junction View, a feature that shows highway signs realistically at tough interchanges. Both the nuvi 1370T and 1390T come with lifetime traffic receivers too.
Q: What is the difference between the nuvi 1200 and nuvi 205?
A: To get a better idea of the differences between the current models and the new 1200 series, one can compare a nuvi 1200 to a nuvi 205. Despite having the same size screen, the nuvi 1200 is thinner and lighter than the nuvi 205, making for easier portability. In addition, the nuvi 1200 has text-to-speech (speaks street names), whereas the nuvi 205 only gives basic voice prompts. The nuvi 1200 also has pedestrian mode and is compatible with new CityXplorer maps.
Q: What is the difference between the nuvi 1390T and nuvi 265WT?
A: To get a better idea of the differences between the current models and the new 1300 series, one can compare a nuvi 1390T to a nuvi 265WT. Despite having the same size screen, the nuvi 1390T is thinner and lighter than the nuvi 265WT, making for easier portability. In addition, the nuvi 1390T has pedestrian mode, lane assist with junction view, and is compatible with new CityXplorer maps.
Q: What are CityXplorer maps?
A: CityXplorer will be available via paid download on Garmin's website, and will cost between $9.99 and $14.99 per region. CityXplorer lets one combine local transportation data with the nuvi's Public Navigation mode to get around on foot via subways, trams, buses and more.
Garmin nuvi 1200/1300 Series Feature Matrix
|nuvi 1200||nuvi 1250||nuvi 1260T||nuvi 1300||nuvi 1350||nuvi 1350T||nuvi 1370T||nuvi 1390T|
|Mapping Coverage||Lower 48 States||Full USA & Canada||Full USA & Canada||Lower 48 States||Full USA & Canada||Full USA & Canada||Full USA, Canada & Europe||Full USA & Canada|
|Add-on||Add-on||Lifetime included||Add-on||Add-on||Lifetime included||Lifetime included||Lifetime included|
|Link||nuvi 1200||nuvi 1250||nuvi 1260T||nuvi 1300||nuvi 1350||nuvi 1350T||nuvi 1370T||nuvi 1390T|
Garmin nuvi 205 vs. nuvi 1200 Difference Matrix
|nuvi 205||nuvi 1200|
|Size||3.9"W x 2.9"H x .8"D||3.7"W x 2.9"H x .6"D|
|Weight||5.2 oz||4.0 oz|
|Speaks Street Names||no||YES|
|Speed Limit Indicator||YES||no|
|City Xplorer maps for pedestrians||no||Add-on|
|ecoRoute Mode||Add-on with MSN||Included|
"Frequently Asked Questions" Copyright © 2009 TigerGPS.com, Ltd. All rights reserved.
"Feature Matrix" Copyright © 2009 TigerGPS.com, Ltd. All rights reserved.
NOTE: Part # 010-00782-4R replaces part # 010-00782-4M with updated packaging and maps.
- nuvi 1300
- Preloaded City Navigator 48 states NT
- Lifetime map updates
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- Vehicle power cable
- Dashboard disc
- Quick start manual
Product Features and Specifications• Sleek, ultra-slim design fits easily in pocket
• Easy-to-use, touchscreen with a new enhanced interface
• All models include turn-by-turn directions with spoken street names – “Turn right on Main Street”
• The map data is provided by NAVTEQ™, a world leader in premium-quality mapping
• ecoRoute™ – drivers can view suggestions for fuel-efficient navigation, conserving both money and fuel
• Public transit – navigate using buses, tramway, metro and suburban rail systems with optional CityXplorer content. Available for download at
• Garmin Connect™ Photos – associate your favorite images with saved locations. Visit http://connect.garmin.com for additional information
• DEM maps show you shaded terrain contours at zoom levels of five miles and above
• "Where Am I?" feature – find the closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address, intersection and coordinates
• Auto time zone – nüvi will automatically adjust your time zone while navigating
• Bright 4.3" diagonal color display; 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA TFT display with white backlight
• High-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix™
• Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
• Built-in travel kit includes features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters and calculator
• microSD™ memory card expansion slot
• Includes Garmin Lock™ anti-theft feature
• Configurable vehicle icons – allows users to select fun, customized car-shaped icons; download additional choices from www.garmingarage.com
• Offers a 3-D mapping perspective, or 2-D overhead view
• Unit dimensions: 4.8"W x 2.9"H x 0.6"D; Weight: 5.7 ounces
• Built-in lithium-ion battery – lasts up to four hours depending on usage
• Includes sturdy suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and quick release
• Simplified PC connectivity, using USB mass storage, access either the microSD card slot or the unit’s internal memory directly from your PC desktop
• POI loader program – set up proximity alerts for school zones, create custom POIs and more
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors