Garmin nuvi 1390T Wide-Screen Bluetooth GPS Navigation System with Lifetime Traffic
won't believe how the Garmin
nüvi 1390T can
fit so many
amazing features into such a slim package. Ultra thin and jam-packed
with features like lane assist with junction view, free traffic alerts,
hands-free calling, preloaded maps of everywhere you'd ever want to go
in North America and ecoRoute which tells you the most fuel-efficient
route, the nüvi
the only navigator you'll ever need.
The Garmin 1390T is just one of many popular Garmin GPS models!
Trim the Fat - Slim Down Bulky Units
The 1200 and 1300 nuvi series models are 25% slimmer than other nuvis, making them an ideal (and essential) traveling companion. This Garmin nüvi is slim enough to tote in your purse or even your pocket. Don't worry about its battery running out - the rechargeable lithium-ion battery lets you carry it in your vehicle or on foot. Tired of getting lost in the certain big cities? Hard to navigate public transportation like subways, buses, trams and more? Be sure to download the optional CityXplorer content (it's coming soon) and utilize the new Public Transit mode.
Banish Turn Anxiety - Know the Right Lane Ahead of Time
Ever had to guess which lane you should be in when you know you're going to have to make a turn? You'll never have to again! The 1390T's Lane Assist feature takes the guesswork out of figuring out which lane you'll need to be in. Confusing intersections and exits will be easy to navigate with junction view guiding your lane choices and showing you road signs and junctions on your journey with arrows clearly marking which lane you should be in.
The Big Picture
The Garmin 1390T gives you directions on its 4.3 inch easy-to-read display. With brilliant and stunning color images, you'll even be able to read the screen in bright sunlight.
Two Questions - One Clear Answer
The Garmin nüvi interface gives you two options: “Where to?” and “View Map.” Tap the touchscreen to put in your destination or service and you'll get clear turn-by-turn directions that tell you exactly where to go. The navigator is already packed with US and Canada City Navigator NT street maps, roughly 6 million points of interest (POIs), your choice of 2-D or 3-D maps and even the speed limit for main roads. Have other POIs that aren't well-known? Upload your favorite places that are few and far between. Know the terrain around where you're going by zooming in to the digital elevation maps. Slide your finger and easily scroll between screens. It's also equipped with HotFix satellite prediction, which determines where you are faster, taking you there quicker than you ever thought possible.
Keep Your Eyes On the Road with Hands-free Calls
Combining bluetooth wireless technology with a built-in microphone and speaker to keep your calls hands-free, this device will help keep you safe! Just hook it up with your compatible Bluetooth phone. Need to make a call? Tap the numbers on the touchscreen. Incoming call? Tap the screen and speak towards the microphone. Don't forget to take advantage of one-touch dialing for people and places you plug in.
Never Get Caught In Traffic Again
The nüvi 1390T comes with free lifetime traffic updates and an FM traffic receiver so you can avoid traffic delays. You'll get the latest traffic delays and road construction alerts so you can plan your route ahead of time. Not sure of a good detour? Touch the screen to hear details of the alert and it'll show you the best way around the congested area.
Navigation – To The Next Level
The 1390T isn't just any old navigator. Use its ecoRoute feature to save gas and money. It'll show you the most fuel-efficient route and track how much fuel your vehicle uses. On top of that, it comes with a JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. Use photo navigation to download images from Garmin Connect Photos and easily get to them. Manage to get lost in a new place or have an emergency? Use the emergency “Where Am I?” locator to figure out exactly where you are. Just tap the touchscreen and you'll get your coordinates, the nearest address and intersection as well as the exact location of the nearest hospitals, police and gas stations. It also comes with Garmin Lock, an anti-theft device and works with the free Garmin Garage – download custom vehicles and voices. Take your navigator even farther with optional plug-in microSD cards.
Garmin nuvi 1200 & nuvi 1300 Series Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is the nuvi 1200?
A: The nuvi 1200 heads the pack of the next generation of personal GPS navigation devices from Garmin. The nuvi 1200 and nuvi 1300 series are the smallest, thinnest models available, but they don't skimp on features, including a new, improved mode for pedestrians.
Q: What is the difference between the nuvi 1200 and nuvi 1300 series?
A: The nuvi 1300 series boasts 4.3" diagonal interfaces, while the nuvi 1200 series has 3.5" diagonal screens. Furthermore, the higher-end nuvi 1300 models have added features and tools.
Q: What models are available in the nuvi 1200 series?
A: The nuvi 1200 is the base model, pre-loaded with maps of the lower 48 United States, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. The nuvi 1250 tacks on maps of Alaska and Canada. The nuvi 1260T has all of the maps included in the 1250 but also includes Bluetooth for hands-free calling and a lifetime traffic receiver in the box.
Q: What models are available in the nuvi 1300 series?
A: The nuvi 1300 is the base model, pre-loaded with maps of the lower 48 United States, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. The nuvi 1350 includes maps of Alaska and Canada, plus Lane Assist, which determines which lane drivers should be in right on your screen. The 1350T adds a lifetime traffic receiver to the 1350. Step up a notch to the nuvi 1370T for Bluetooth and maps of Europe in addition to North America; upgrade to the nuvi 1390T to get Bluetooth and Junction View, which displays highway signs in a realistic manner at hard-to-navigate interchanges. Both the nuvi 1370T and 1390T also come with lifetime traffic receivers.
Q: What is the difference between the nuvi 1200 and nuvi 205?
A: To get a better idea of the differences between the current models and the new 1200 series, one can compare a nuvi 1200 to a nuvi 205. While both units have the same screen size, the nuvi 1200 is slimmer and lighter than the nuvi 205, allowing for easy transport. On top of that, the nuvi 1200 has text-to-speech (speaks street names), while the nuvi 205 only gives basic directions through voice prompts. The nuvi 1200 also has pedestrian mode and works with new CityXplorer maps.
Q: What is the difference between the nuvi 1390T and nuvi 265WT?
A: To get a better idea of the differences between the current models and the new 1300 series, you should compare a nuvi 1390T to a nuvi 265WT. Both models have the same size screen, but the nuvi 1390T is thinner and lighter than the nuvi 265WT, which allows for better portability. In addition, the nuvi 1390T has pedestrian mode, lane assist with junction view, and is compatible with new CityXplorer maps.
Q: What are CityXplorer maps?
A: The new CityXplorer maps will be available via paid download on Garmin's website, and will cost between $9.99 and $14.99 per region. This tool allows users to take local transportation data and combine it with the nuvi's Public Navigation mode to assist users with getting around on foot via subways, trams, buses and more.
Garmin nuvi 1200/1300 Series Feature Matrix
|nuvi 1200||nuvi 1250||nuvi 1260T||nuvi 1300||nuvi 1350||nuvi 1350T||nuvi 1370T||nuvi 1390T|
|Mapping Coverage||Lower 48 States||Full USA & Canada||Full USA & Canada||Lower 48 States||Full USA & Canada||Full USA & Canada||Full USA, Canada & Europe||Full USA & Canada|
|Add-on||Add-on||Lifetime included||Add-on||Add-on||Lifetime included||Lifetime included||Lifetime included|
|Link||nuvi 1200||nuvi 1250||nuvi 1260T||nuvi 1300||nuvi 1350||nuvi 1350T||nuvi 1370T||nuvi 1390T|
Garmin nuvi 205 vs. nuvi 1200 Difference Matrix
|nuvi 205||nuvi 1200|
|Size||3.9"W x 2.9"H x .8"D||3.7"W x 2.9"H x .6"D|
|Weight||5.2 oz||4.0 oz|
|Speaks Street Names||no||YES|
|Speed Limit Indicator||YES||no|
|City Xplorer maps for pedestrians||no||Add-on|
|ecoRoute Mode||Add-on with MSN||Included|
"Frequently Asked Questions" Copyright © 2009 TigerGPS.com, Ltd. All rights reserved.
"Feature Matrix" Copyright © 2009 TigerGPS.com, Ltd. All rights reserved.
- nuvi 1390T
- Preloaded City Navigator North America NT
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- FM traffic receiver/vehicle power cable
- USB cable
- Dashboard disc
- Quick start manual
Product Features and Specifications• Sleek, ultra-slim design fits easily in pocket
• Easy-to-use, touchscreen with a new enhanced interface
• All models include turn-by-turn directions with spoken street names – “Turn right on Main Street”
• The map data is provided by NAVTEQ™, a world leader in premium-quality mapping
• Lane assist – navigate with confidence while nüvi directs you to the preferred lane
• Junction view – view realistic images of upcoming junctions where available
• Bluetooth wireless technology – enables hands-free calling with a compatible phone
• ecoRoute™ – drivers can view suggestions for fuel-efficient navigation, conserving both money and fuel
• Public transit – navigate using buses, tramway, metro and suburban rail systems with optional CityXplorer content. Available for download at
• Speed limit indicator – unit displays speed limits for most major roads (nüvi 1390T, 1370T, 1350T and 1350)
• Garmin Connect™ Photos – associate your favorite images with saved locations. Visit http://connect.garmin.com for additional information
• DEM maps show you shaded terrain contours at zoom levels of five miles and above
• "Where Am I?" feature – find the closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address, intersection and coordinates
• Auto time zone – nüvi will automatically adjust your time zone while navigating
• Bright 4.3" diagonal color display; 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA TFT display with white backlight
• High-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix™
• Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time and more
• Built-in travel kit includes features such as picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters and calculator
• microSD™ memory card expansion slot
• Includes Garmin Lock™ anti-theft feature
• Configurable vehicle icons – allows users to select fun, customized car-shaped icons; download additional choices from www.garmingarage.com
• Offers a 3-D mapping perspective, or 2-D overhead view
• Unit dimensions: 4.8"W x 2.9"H x 0.6"D; Weight: 5.7 ounces
• Built-in lithium-ion battery – lasts up to four hours depending on usage
• Includes sturdy suction cup mount that allows for easy adjustment and quick release
• Simplified PC connectivity, using USB mass storage, access either the microSD card slot or the unit’s internal memory directly from your PC desktop
• POI loader program – set up proximity alerts for school zones, create custom POIs and more
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors