Garmin StreetPilot c530 Automotive GPS System
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Garmin. It is replaced by the nuvi 255 (click here), with a new slimmer design and more advanced routing features.
Talk about simple! The portable Garmin StreetPilot c530 comes ready-to-go right out of the box with preloaded maps and plenty of options.
In addition to the simple touch-screen display found in previous versions, the StreetPilot c530 along with its counterpart, the StreetPilot c550, comes loaded with new c500 series features including:
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver - provides faster acquisition times and maintains signal under heavy foliage and near city skyscrapers
- Automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, anti-glare display - makes it easier to see where you're going
- Turn-by-turn voice directions
- Streamlined design - creates a slimmer, more refined shape
- Configurable vehicle icons - allows you to select a fun, customized car-shaped icon that displays when autorouting
- Garmin Lock - anti-theft feature that disables the unit from performing any functions until you type in a specific 4-digit PIN or take the unit to a predetermined location.
StreetPilot c530 Features:
- Receiver: New high-sensitivity WAAS-capable GPS receiver by SiRF
- Display: Automotive-grade, sunlight-readable, anti-glare TFT LCD display, 2.8"W x 2.1"H (7.2 x 5.4 cm); 320 x 240 pixels, with touch screen
- Unit dimensions: 4.4"W x 3.2"H x 2.2"D (11.3 x 8.2 x 5.6 cm)
- Weight: .59 pounds (269 g)
- Battery life: up to 8 hours
- Includes Garmin Lock, an anti-theft feature
- Configurable car icons
- Preloaded maps for all of North America
- Fingertip touch-screen interface
- Look up addresses and points of interest
- Choose 2D or 3D map perspective
- Upload custom POIs, including alerts for speed zones and safety cams
- Add optional software such as the Garmin Travel Guide and SaversGuide to personalize c530
- SD memory card expansion slot
How is it different?
Q: How does the StreetPilot c500 line differ from the StreetPilot c300 line?
A: The StreetPilot c500 line revamps the design of the c300 with a slimmer unit that is easier to view in sunlight. The c500 series adds a new high-sensitivity SiRF Star III GPS receiver, and can take additional software such as travel guides as well.
Q: What is the difference between the StreetPilot c550, c530 and c510?
A: At this point, the c550 has four features not found on the the c530: (1) Bluetooth cell phone support, (2) mp3 player, (3) included, integrated traffic receiver and (4) text-to-speech voice directions. Both the c550 and c530 come fully pre-loaded with City Navigator North America. The c510 is a European version with only a regional map; it is not sold in North America.
Garmin StreetPilot "c"-series Feature Matrix
|New Anti-Glare Screen||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pre-Loaded Maps of North America||No, but CD-ROM Included||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|SiRF StarIII GPS Chip||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Live Traffic||No||No||GTM 12||GTM 20||Included||MSN Direct|
"Feature Matrix" Copyright © 2007 TigerGPS.com, Ltd. All rights reserved.
"How is it different" Copyright © 2006 TigerGPS.com, Ltd. All rights reserved.
- StreetPilot c530
- Preloaded City Navigator NT North America (full coverage)
- Vehicle suction-cup mount
- Dashboard disk
- 12-volt adapter cable
- Dashboard disk
- USB interface cable
- Carry case
- Owner's manual
StreetPilot c530 Specifications
- Moving map features
- Storage: Preprogrammed with City Navigator NT, providing street-level detail and addresses, plus listings of restaurants, hotels, ATMs, etc., throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico or Europe
- Map Scale: Screen-width scale 640 feet to 4,000 miles
- Navigation features
- Routes: Automatically calculated with turn-by-turn instructions; automatic off-route recalc shows how to get back on track if you miss a turn or exit; a detour function enables routing around traffic problems or road construction
- Voice: Navigation instructions and warnings
- Traffic: Alerts for traffic, road construction and weather-related tie-ups with accessory receiver (not included). StreetPilot uses data to suggest alternate routes before problems are encountered.
- Waypoints: 500 with name and graphic symbol
- Trip computer: Resettable odometer, timers, average and maximum speeds
- Theft deterrent
- Garmin Lock: When enabled, user must input PIN number to use device. Backup feature allows user to associate a security location, which will unlock unit when within 50 meters of that location
- Download options
- Location-based content: Garmin Travel Guide, SaversGuide and custom points of interest (POIs) like safety cameras and school zones
- Others: Customized vehicle icons for moving map
- GPS Performance
- Receiver: SiRFstarIII high-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Interfaces: USB 2.0 full-speed
- Antenna: Built-in patch; MCX-type connector for optional external GPS antenna connection
- Size: 4.4 W x 3.2 H x 2.8 D (11.3 x 8.2 x 7.2 cm)
- Weight: 0.59 pounds (269 g)
- Display: 2.8 W x 2.1 H (7.2 x 5.4 cm); 320 x 240 pixels; bright, 16-bit LCD, with white backlight and touch screen
- Case: Not waterproof
- Temp. range: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
- Data storage: Indefinite; no memory battery required
- Input: 12/24v Dc
- Usage: 15w max. @ 13.8v Dc
- Battery life: up to 8 hours
I just love it. Thank-you
Initially, I had ordered the Garmin Street Pilot c530, since it was back ordered, I decided to upgrade to the Nuvi 350. I don't regret it at all. I really enjoy this compact unit. I am very content with the item.
a comfort to have when navigating new
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors