Garmin Rino 120 GPS-Enabled 2-Way Radio
Garmin International is proud to introduce its first two GPS-enabled handheld devices for the Family Radio Service (FRS) and high-performance General Mobile Radio Service (GMRS) markets the Rino 110 and Rino 120. These GPS devices integrate radio functionality to provide two-way communications up to two miles using FRS channels and up to five miles using GMRS channels.
Inspired by the distinctive offset FRS and GPS antennas that give the devices their Rhinoceros-like appearance, GARMIN designed the Rino series as powerful, robust Radios Integrated with Navigation for the Outdoors. They are also the only waterproof two-way radios on the market.
What really separates the Rino from the rest of the FRS herd is the ability to "beam" your exact location to another Rino user within a two-mile range using the FRS spectrum. This is called Peer-to-Peer Positioning.
The Rino boasts Garmin's traditional tough, lightweight, waterproof design to handle the rigors of any outdoor adventure. And because the Rino has standard FRS capabilities, you can talk to friends or family who own conventional FRS radios.The Rino 120 offers standard FRS features like 14 channels, 38 squelch codes, and external voice activation (VOX). It also incorporates GARMINs powerful 12-channel GPS receiver for position accuracy of less than 10 feet when enabled to receive enhanced GPS data from the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS). The Rino 110 has standard navigation features like extensive waypoint storage, TracBack technology, multiple position formats (including MGRS and Loran TD) and a built-in trip computer.
- Channels: 1-7 FRS/GMRS*; 8-14 FRS; 15-22 GMRS (each channel has 38 sub-audible squelch codes for semi-private conversations)
- External voice activation (VOX)
- GPS features: 12-channel, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver
- Trip computer and TracBack technology
- Multiple grid formats including MGRS and Loran TD
- Ergonomic design for one-hand operation, with Call, Press-To-Talk (PTT), and Page mode buttons on the side, Power/Backlighting button on top, and Volume and Zoom buttons in front
- Unique Click stick™ for channel selection and volume adjustment in FRS mode, and quick map panning, enter and selection functions in GPS mode
- Clear reception with a range of up to two miles using FRS, five miles with GMRS
- Quad-helix antenna and 12 parallel channel GPS receiver for accuracy of 20 feet or less in normal mode, 10 feet or less when WAAS-enabled**
- Waterproof to IPX-7 standards (immersible in one meter of water for 30 minutes)
- Storage of up to 500 waypoints, with graphic identification, and 20 reversible routes
- More than 10 position formats and over 100 map datums
- Trip computer with speed tracking, sunrise/sunset read out, trip timer and trip distance
- Clock, stopwatch and alarm functions
- High-resolution display with 160x160 pixels
- Battery life of 15 hours (typical use) on three AA batteries
- Backlit display
- Lightweight design: Rino 110 weighs 8 oz., while the Rino 120 weighs 8.5 oz.
- Built-in basemap of North and South America (Rino 120 only)
- 8 MB of internal memory (Rino 120 only) to store map data from GARMIN's exclusive line of MapSource CD-ROMs
- Call Ring function to allow calling between radios
- Voice scrambler for secure communications (Rino 120 only)
- Vibration mode for silent calls to other rino users (Rino 120 only)
- Rino 120
- Belt Clip
- User's Manual
- PC interface cable
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors