KVH TracVision A7 Automotive Satellite TV System with Rack Mount
The All New TracVision A7 - Making TV as Mobile as You Are!
Leave the DVDs and videotapes at home and instead enjoy up to 185 channels of DIRECTV service and your favorite local channels on the open road. The all-new, ultra-low-profile KVH TracVision A7 sets a new standard for fun on the road with live DIRECTV programming right on your car's video screens. And for the first time, you can take your local channels with you - don't miss that big game, traffic report, or breaking local news story again. Traveling in your car has never been this much fun. Now your family and friends can enjoy the DIRECTV service that they watch at home while in your car. It's true - the best seat in the house is now in your car!
- In-motion reception of DIRECTV's TOTAL CHOICE MOBILE package, the only satellite TV package designed for automobiles, including DIRECTV satellite TV programming and 70 channels of XM Satellite Radio (DIRECTV service packages for cars differ from standard home packages. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change without notice).
- Integrated GPS and exclusive 12V mobile receiver to automatically enable local channels while in your home designated market area (DMA). Subject to local channel availability and satellite accessibility. Click here for more details.
- Rugged, 5-inch high, glossy black dome for easy installation on your vehicle's roof rack or rooftop
- Compatibility with virtually all standard factory-installed and aftermarket video systems, including those with S-video inputs
- Easy system control thanks to RF remote control and onscreen messaging
System Components (Included)
- Antenna Unit - The antenna unit, mounted on the vehicle's roof, houses the phased array, positioning mechanisms, GPS, low noise block (LNB), and control elements within a weathertight radome. A single cable connects the antenna to the receiver inside the vehicle.
- Receiver - The receiver, mounted inside the vehicle, decodes satellite signals from the antenna unit and sends the signals to the vehicle's audio/video system. It also powers and controls the TracVision antenna.
- Remote Control - The backlit wireless RF remote control allows the user to operate the system from anywhere in the vehicle. The remote does not need to be pointed directly at the receiver for the signal to be received.
- RF Converter - The RF converter receives RF commands from the remote control, converts them to digital signals, and sends them to the receiver for processing.
- Antenna Dimensions 32.3" (l) x 31" (w) x 5.3" (h)
- Antenna Weight 48 lbs
- Receiver Dimensions 11" x 9.1" x 2.67"
- Receiver Weight 4.3 lbs
- Power Consumption 50 watts
- Power Supply 12 volts DC vehicle power (10 -16V)
Warranty: 1 year parts/labor
Question: What's the difference between the original TracVision A5 and the new TracVision A7?
Answer: The TracVision A7 is KVH's new automotive satellite TV system. It includes a number of major advances compared to the original TracVision A5, including:
- in-motion support for local channels within the customer's home designated market area (DMA) where available;
- exclusive, all-new 12V mobile receiver for DIRECTV service with GPS interface and onscreen messaging;
- integrated GPS, whisper-quiet motors, and superior reliability;
- multi-satellite capability allowing the antenna to switch among three DIRECTV satellites for an even broader selection of programming;
- enhanced tracking and signal recovery;
- a high-gloss black dome with automotive-grade finish; and
- new, easier installation options for a wider variety of vehicles.
NOTE: TracVision A7 provides full in-motion reception of satellite TV signals on open roads with a clear view of the TV satellite in the southern sky while in the continental U.S. TracVision A7 is intended to provide programming only on screens that are not directly or indirectly visible to the driver of the vehicle when the vehicle is in motion.
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors