Lowrance iFinder Explorer Plus Portable Handheld GPS Unit
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Lowrance. For an iFinder with barometric altimeter and electronic compass, try the iFinder Hunt (click here), with scout mode and special hunting icons.
To see a comparison chart of all current Lowrance iFinder Handheld GPS units, click here.
It's the kind of handheld GPS that outdoor enthusiasts have long been searching for: rugged, reliable, versatile, and with precision GPS+WAAS navigation with electronic compass and barometric altimeter features. It's the Lowrance iFinder Explorer Plus! The iFINDER Explorer Plus has the same great features of the standard model, with the added plus of exclusive MapCreate U.S. Topo mapping software with unique public hunting areas database, one MMC/SD memory card, and an MMC/SD card reader with USB connector - for making custom, high-detail mapping.
The Lowrance iFINDER Explorer Plus gives you all the great advantages of GPS in a compact waterproof package.
Expanded Memory Capabilities
Plus package includes one MMC/SD memory card and an MMC/SD card reader with USB connector. Perfect for storing professional-quality maps!
MapCreate 6.3 is loaded with newly-advanced navigation extras. Featuring expanded mapping enhancements. Lowrance now puts the power of the exclusive, most comprehensive software for custom electronic charts ever released at your fingertips with the new MapCreate Series 6 software on two CDs named USA East and USA West.
Example of MapCreate detail level:
With a personal computer, you can start enjoying the widest latitude of creating a never-ending library of rich, custom, electronic GPS charts with MapCreate 6. Plus, a wealth of dynamic mapping detail, control, flexibility, diversity and choices, all at an extremely affordable one-time price.
Enhanced Chart Detail
MapCreate Series 6 CDs database delivers superb detail for the 48 contiguous states and Hawaii that covers:
- Rivers, Lakes & Tributaries
- Over 60,000 critical navigation aids & 10,000 wrecks/obstructions in coastal and Great Lakes waters
- Interstate, Federal and State Highway listings
- Interstate Exit Services (restaurants, lodging, fuel, auto/truck services)
- Hard-to find rural roads, cities & towns, railways and key landmarks
- Searchable Points-of-Interest database (includes airports, hotels, restaurants, entertainment, emergency services, etc.)
- Searchable Street Intersections & Street Addresses
- National Parks & Forests with Boundaries
- Wildlife Preserves, and more!
Easier Map Loading and Transfer
MapCreate Series 6 is compatible with all Lowrance GPS units using ultra-small, rewritable Multi-Media Card (MMC) memory cards to make loading custom mapping a breeze! Now, your can leave your GPS on the boat. Simply save your custom mapping to any MMC card (from 8MB to 1GB), then load it into any compatible Lowrance GPS for navigational display.
Any Size, Any Shape
Only MapCreate lets you create custom mapping to exacting proportions. With its unique "cookie cutter" map chooser feature, you can carve out detailed charts with specific map boundaries of your choosing. So, you maximize the usability of your mapping and MMC card memory space.
Map Detail Volume Control
Besides creating only the specific map areas you want, you can also control the level of detail in your maps, simply by turning on or off map display features like railroads, rural roads, etc. By keeping the features you need, and deactivating the ones you don't, you again maximize both the usability of your custom maps, while making the most efficient use of MMC card memory space.Display
- 240V x 180H pixel resolution
- 3" (7.6 cm) diagonal display size
- High contrast Film SuperTwist
- White LED backlit screen
- 16-level grayscale
- Excellent direct sunlight and low-light/night viewing
- Precision 12-parallel channel GPS+WAAS receiver
- Antenna port for connecting optional external GPS+WAAS antenna
- Dual processors for high speed screen updates
- Dual Easy/Advanced operation modes
- Built-in electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Unique "Scout Mode" to mark area perimeters and create borders
- Built-in, detailed continental U.S. and Hawaii background map featuring interstate exit services
- One MMC/SD digital media memory card slot for mapping and recording capabilities
- Optional Mapping Accessories Pack that includes MapCreate U.S. Topo mapping software, one MMC/SD memory card, and an MMC/SD card reader with USB connector
- Also compatible with optional Lowrance FreedomMaps, Fishing Hot Spots Elite, LakeMaster Pro Maps, NauticPath USA, and Navionics electronic charts
- 1,000 waypoints/1,000 event markers/100 routes
- Up to 100 savable and retraceable plot trails, with up to 10,000 points in any trail
- 40 map zoom ranges, 0.02 - 4,000 miles
- 42 graphic icons
- Internal back-up memory
- Easy point-and-map cursor navigation/route planning
- Weighs 8.7oz/247g with 2 AA batteries loaded (batteries not included)
- 5.588x2.549x0.955 inches / 14.2x6.5x2.4 cm pocket-sized
- Waterproof to IPX7 standard, with sure-grip rubber welt seal
- Operates up to 12 hours or longer on two AA batteries (not included)
- Includes 12vDC power adapter
- Attractive metallic-green finish
- Full one-year warranty
The manufacturer's Minimum Advertised Price (M.A.P.) is: $299.00
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors