Lowrance iWAY 600C Combo Automotive & Marine GPS System
Lowrance is serving up a fantastic new Surf & Turf combo at Tiger GPS: the iWAY 600c. For the first time, all the features of the award-winning iWAY 500c have been combined with satellite imagery and the marine chartplotter technology that has made Lowrance famous. The result is a large-screen, high-resolution display that's preloaded not only with the latest NavTeq street maps but satellite overlay phototography for major metropolitan areas and the latest marine charts as well. Drive anywhere in North America and boat down any coast - the iWAY 600c will keep you on track!
For the absolute best in location accuracy, the built-in receiver/antenna of the iWAY 600c tracks both 12-parallel channel GPS and WAAS signals, with position updates every second. A large, 5" diagonal, higher-resolution (640H x 480V pixel), 16-bit color TFT touch-screen display renders exquisite mapping detail and superb readability even in bright sunlight. Fully-adjustable cold-cathode screen backlighting offers crisp viewing to match ambient light conditions and viewing preference. Navigation and music can be configured with a few simple touches of the sensitive, yet rugged touch screen. Operation is further simplified with only 5 primary function access keys featuring high-tech, blue LED lighting.
At the heart of the iWAY 600c is a rugged 30GB internal hard drive, loaded with a wealth of mapping and charting. For the road is the extremely detailed and highly accurate NAVTEQ turn-by-turn database for the continental U.S. and Canada, which includes over 5.5 million points-of-interest to easily find fuel, lodging, dining, as well as intersections, addresses and other searchable locations. For boating, the iWAY 600c features superb MapCreate shoreline detail with over 3,000 Enhanced U.S. Lake Maps with depth contours for inland waters, plus high-detail NauticPath charts for the Great Lakes and coastal U.S. waters with depth contours, navaids, port services, tide/current data, and more.
Adding stereo music to mapping for the longest road trips or voyages, there is 5GB of free hard drive space to store audio files in both MP3 and Ogg Vorbis formats for replay. For downloading music (as well as software upgrades and mapping updates), the unit connects to a computer via the USB port and cable provided, and is compatible with PC Windows XP, ME and 2000, or Macintosh OS X. In music mode, the system delivers a complete suite of touch-screen button and slider controls, along with a frequency spectrum analyzer display. For sound output, the built-in, full-spectrum FM modulator wirelessly steams music through an open FM radio channel. When playing audio while on the road to a destination, the iWAY 600c will automatically mute the music momentarily to give audible directional commands.
In turn-by-turn mode, the iWAY 600c is an easy-to-use in-vehicle GPS navigation system, showing the motorist the way to any destination across town, or across the country with 2-D and 3-D mapping view choices. Once the destination is selected, the system automatically displays the best route in a colorful pathway, and provides turn-by-turn directions with visual and voice prompts. If a turn is missed, it automatically replots the route to quickly get the motorist back on course. The iWAY 600C speaks not only the distance and direction but also the name of the street, a feature known as "text-to-speech" since the unit will speak exactly what is displayed on screen.
In marine mode, the iWAY 600c switches to traditional straight-line navigation with up to 100 savable and retraceable plot trails in a choice of colors. Along with special marine graphic icons to mark favorite spots on the water, boaters can enter and save waypoint lat-lons as with most Lowrance marine chartplotters.
Completely sealed and watertight to prevent internal corrosion, the iWAY 600c keeps GPS data and audio safely stored for years, and features a full one-year warranty with extended warranties available.
5" (640x480) 16 bit Color TFT Touch-Screen Display.
Hundreds of select metropolitan areas of the U.S. and Canada can be displayed on the iWAY 600C utilizing high-detail, "bird's-eye-view", satellite imagery. Highways, buildings, sports stadiums, streets, and adjacent waterways are all displayed to make it easy to find your destination.
Turn-by-turn navigation in 3-D view mode with NAVTEQ mapping. Once destination is selected, iWAY 600C displays the route in a colorful pathway, and provides onscreen and voice turn-by-turn directions.
On inland waters.
In marine mode, the iWAY 600C converts to traditional straight-line navigation and other features of a chartplotter. Shown is a sample of one of the Enhanced U.S. Lake Maps with depth contours.
On Great Lakes & coastal waters.
Also in marine mode, the iWAY 600C displays NauticPath USA Coastal charting for navigation that includes shaded depth contours, port plans, restricted areas, intertidal zones, tides & currents and other boateraccessible data.
- iWAY 600C pre-loaded with:
- Complete turn-by-turn automotive routing map for North America
- NauticPath Marine Charts for US East Coast, West Coast, Gulf Coast & Great Lakes
- Fishing HotSpots Elite with 3,000 high-detail inland lake maps
- 12-Volt Cigarette Lighter Adapter/Speaker Combo with volume control and 1/8" stereo jack
- PC to USB connector cable
- 110VAC to 12VDC power converter for in-home use (transferring music files, etc.)
- Suction cup mounting bracket for windshield
- Soft protective cover
- Touch-screen cleaning cloth
Lowrance iWAY 600C Features
- 16-bit color TFT touch-screen display
- 640H x 480V pixel resolution
- 5" (12.7 cm) diagonal display size
- Super-bright, cold-cathode backlit screen
- Sleek, blue LED backlit keypad
- Superb readability even in bright sunlight
- Built-in, precision 12-parallel channel GPS+WAAS receiver
- Simplified operation with 5 primary keys
- Maps can be updated through the internal USB port with Windows XP/ME/2000, Macintosh OS X, or Linux
- High-detail, "bird-eye-view", satellite imagery (with street overlays) of hundreds of select metropolitan areas in the U.S. and Canada display highways, buildings, stadiums, streets, and adjacent waterways
- Built-in, detailed and highly accurate NAVTEQ turn-by-turn database for the continental U.S. and Canada
- Over 5.5 million POIs (Points-of-Interest)
- Three selectable mapping displays: 2-D Track Up, 2-D North Up, and Elevated 3-D
- Turn-by-turn audio and visual cues, including auto-zooming and automatic recalculation of directions after a missed turn
- Street address searching, plus auto-routing choices to choose or avoid Toll Roads and Interstates, and avoid Left-Hand Turns
- Mega-memory storage for up to 1,000 addresses
- Safety Passenger Mode allows a passenger to use the GPS features while the car is in motion
- Multiple-point routing; now you can make stops along the way!
- Over 3,000 Enhanced U.S. Lake Maps with depth contours for inland waters.
- High-detail NauticPath charts for the Great Lakes and Coastal U.S. waters with depth contours, navaids, port services, tide/current data , and more.
- 100 savable and retraceable plot trails in a choice of colors.
- Special marine graphic icons to mark favorite spots on the water.
- Full-featured stereo MP3 audio player
- Full Spectrum FM modulator wirelessly streams music through an open FM radio channel
- Full-featured picture viewer displays personal photos (JPEG format)
- 30GB internal hard drive, with 25GB of storage dedicated to high-detail mapping and satellite imagery (10GB dedicated to mapping detail for Western Europe models)
- 5GB of storage reserved for MP3 audio files and JPEG image files (20GB for Western Europe models)
- 6.1"W x 4.5"H x 2.15"D (15.5cm x 11.55 cm x 5.45 cm)
- Completely sealed to prevent internal corrosio
- Full one-year warranty
to stay on the windshield. Unit is big and needs allot of room, I bought to use on my boat in addition to my car. Easy to read and use. Tiger GPS was a very good experience, great service.
Cons: No Battery, Bigger than I thought Bulky, USB 1.1 Slow transfer 5 hrs to move 5G, I wanted to use it for audio books, but it will not list files in numeric order, any file with a 1,10,11,100 then 2,20,22,200 etc so works great for music so I still give it a 4 star...... Lowrance hint hint fix the file order
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors