Lowrance LMS-527C 5" Screen Color Internal GPS and 50/200 kHz Sonar System
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Lowrance. It is replaced by the Lowrance HDS-5 Nautic Insight (click here), with a new interface and pre-loaded maps.
This configuration of the Lowrance LMS-527C is a 50/200 kHz Sonar/GPS+WAAS Combo. It includes a 50/200 kHz Skimmer transducer with temp sensor, a water speed sensor, and internal GPS receiver for use on open console or under a bimini top. For other configurations, click here.
LMS-527C iGPS with Internal GPS+WAAS Antenna
A superb new color 50/200 kHz sonar/GPS chartplotter with internal GPS antenna module that's perfect for use on open console or under a bimini top. Designed for salt water or downrigger tracking. Same great features of the LMS-522C iGPS with:
- 5" diag. 256-color SolarMAX TFT display for maximum visibility and widest viewing angles even in bright sunlight
- 480 x 480 pixel resolution for superb sonar target detail/separation and exceptional chart definition
- Advanced fluorescent cold-cathode screen and keypad backlighting
- 4,000 watts peak-to-peak/500 watts RMS, depths to 2,500 ft.* with 50 kHz
- Temp/speed/distance readings from transducers
- Compatible for NMEA 2000 networking/radar/satellite radio
- 5-pin Ethernet expansion port compatible for radar, video and satellite radio
NMEA 2000 Connectivity
Designed compatibility for versatile performance data-sharing with all NMEA 2000 protocol networks and sensors.
SolarMAX Color Displays
A proprietary Lowrance color screen technology that uniquely produces maximum visibility with the widest viewing angles even in bright sunlight. Also enhances the rendering of exceptional display detail and definition.
- Hyper-enhanced sonar/chartplotter data processing speed
- Super-fast screen updates
- Color models have Ethernet expansion port compatible for radar, video and satellite radio
- Color display models compatible with radar
- Waterproof slot for one MMC/SD memory card (not included) to record sonar graphs and GPS data files, and to plug-&-play specialty Lowrance mapping options (see Chartplotter Features below), and easily load operating firmware feature upgrades
- Unique Resize Window to adjust split-screen display, and Overlay Data feature to place any sonar/GPS data on any full- or split-screen display, anywhere, in alpha numeric digitals or analog gauge display
Select Sonar Features
- Advanced new sonar receiver technology reduces interference and enhances sensitivity and picture quality
- High-speed Skimmer transducers feature built-in water temp sensor
- Adjustable Ping Speed with automatic HyperScroll for high-speed sounding
- Unique FlashGraf feature with combined digital flasher/sonar graph display
- COLORLINE or GRAYLINE to enhance target separation and help define bottom composition
- Multiple color sonar display modes for angler preference and light conditions
- FasTrack vertical bar flasher shows real-time sonar returns and echo strength
- Select Chartplotter Features
- Full 12-parallel channel GPS+WAAS precision for location accuracy
- Enhanced built-in background map of the continental U.S. and Hawaii with interstate exit services, plus nav aids and wrecks & obstructions
- Compatible with optional plug-&-play Lowrance FreedomMaps, Fishing Hot Spots PRO, LakeMaster ProMaps, NauticPath Coastal & International, and Navionics electronic charts on MMC/SD cards
- Stores up to 1,000 waypoints, 1,000 event markers, 100 routes (up to 100 waypoints/route)
- Up to 100 retraceable plot trails, up to 10,000 points in any trail
- Up to 40 zoom ranges, 0.02 to 4,000 miles
- 42 graphic icons to mark key spots
- Arrival, Off Course, Anchor alarms
- Internal back-up memory for key sonar settings/crucial GPS data
- One-touch MOB
- Completely sealed and waterproof
- Full one-year warranty
*Actual depth capabilities depend on transducer configuration and installation, bottom composition and water conditions. All sonar units typically read deeper in fresh water than salt water.
NOTE: This model may require a firmware upgrade in order to use Navionics Platinum charts. (Click here) for the Lowrance Product Update page; the download is free of charge but will require a blank MMC or SD card (sold separately).
The manufacturer's Minimum Advertised Price (M.A.P.) is: $699.
On the plus side all the GPS features I was looking for are there and the sonar detail and display are excellent.
On the down side the unit takes A LONG time to lock the satellites compare to my old unit but it may be my canopy/windshield orientation thats slowing it down.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors