Magellan eXplorist 210 Hand Held GPS Receiver
The Magellan eXplorist line has gone golden with the Magellan eXplorist 210. The eXplorist 210 packs a premium punch in the value-level price range with internal memory, USB connectivity and the Magellan MapSend software management DVD.
Expanding on the popular line of Magellan GPS handhelds, the Magellan eXplorist 210 brings map expansion capabilities to the entry-level range of eXplorists with its high-speed USB data port. The Magellan eXplorist 210 is the only GPS handheld in its price range to offer users the ability to download and store up to 22 MB of maps from compatible software.
The new Magellan eXplorist 210 proves that powerful GPS navigation does not have to be expensive. A large 2.3" grayscale display, precise three-meter positioning, high functionality, and a shockproof and water resistant case combine with simple handling to make the compact GPS an indispensable navigation companion for all outdoor activities, from mountain sports and backpacking to cycling, hunting, and fishing.
The rugged Magellan eXplorist 210 equips users with a built-in base map for direct access to major roads, parks, waterways, airports and more. It stores additional maps and personal navigation data using an easy-to-use, PC-like file management system so users can quickly find the information they need to fit the occasion. Users can create and store up to 190,000 personal points of interest/waypoints, 150 files with 20 routes each, plus 150 track logs with 2,000 points each.
The included Geocache Manager software allows geocachers to easily download geocache information directly from the Internet. In addition, the new Magellan MapSend Software DVD, also included, makes it easier than ever for users to take advantage of advanced capabilities that MapSend maps add to their Magellan handheld. The DVD includes free data management software.
eXplorist 210 Key Features:
- Compact, Rugged, Easy-to-Use GPS
- Best value in Mapping GPS
- High-speed USB data port
- 22MB memory for software interface
- 8MB Robust Built-in Basemap
- Full Keyboard with Joystick for 1-Touch
- Access to Key Features
- Uses 2 AA batteries for 18 hours of power
- IP-X Waterproof and Rubber Armored
- Large 2.3" Grayscale Display with Two-level Backlight
Additional eXplorist 210 Features:
- 14 Parallel Channels with WAAS
- Compatible with Magellan MapSend software products
- Save 380 files each containing 500 Waypoints
- Save 150 Track Logs each with 2000 track points
- Advanced PC-style File Memory system
- New Geocaching File Manager software
- IP-X Waterproof and Rubber Armored
Q: Did I get the right software?
A: Yes. All new Magellan products come with a MapSend DVD v.1.06, depending on your unit (the versions correspond to different units, NOT how "up-to-date" the software on the DVD is). This MapSend DVD contains free MapSend Manager and MapSend Lite software, which are essentially trip-and-waypoint managers. Also on this DVD are DirectRoute v3 and Topo 3D software available for unlock, meaning that you can purchase them directly through Magellan for the retail price. If you saved money and bought the software from us, such as DirectRoute v3, then the box will contain a way to unlock the software yourself without paying any extra fees. Typically, you will enter in your unit's serial number to "unlock" the software. The most up-to-date version of DirectRoute is v.3, and this is contained within the MapSend DVD. There is also an option to purchase Topo 3D USA v.1.5 or v.1.0 on the MapSend DVD. Topo 3D USA v.1.0 comes on CD-ROM and and v.1.5 comes on the MapSend DVD. There is no difference in the map data; the v.1.5 is optimized for use with newer eXplorist units (but still works with older units), and with an internet connection makes for a cleaner install. If you have an older unit or older PC, you'll want to stick with Topo 3D USA v.1.0 on CD, which must be purchased separately. So the MapSend DVD v.1.x contains the most up-to-date software available from Magellan; if you need DirectRoute for automotive navigation or Topo 3D for outdoors navigation, you're covered. The numbers are convoluted, but the top-notch software is there.
- Magellan eXplorist 210
- Quick Start Guide
- PC/USB Interface Cable
- eXplorist Wizard CD-ROM including Geocache Manager application and user documentation
Magellan eXplorist 210 Specifications
- Case Rubber armored impact-resistant plastic, water-resistant seal
- Base Map 8 MB Worldwide- Includes cities, highways, waterways, parks, & airports
- Size 2.2" W x 4.7" H x 1.3" D (W 5.6 cm x H 11.9 cm x D 3.3 cm)
- Weight 5.8 oz (164.4 g) - w/ batteries
- Display 2.25" diagonal, 4-level grayscale, high resolution (122 x 160), backlit
- Memory 22 MB user data
- Data Storage None
- Antenna Built-in multidirectional patch
- Keypad Nine direct-access keys
- Joystick Eight-way easy scrolling w/ push-in instant enter
- Operating Range 14 to 140°F (-10 to 60°C)
- Receiver TrueFixTM 14 channels, WAAS/EGNOS
- Acquisition Time Hot: 20 seconds, Cold: 60 seconds, Initial: 2 minutes
- Update Rate Once per second
- Accuracy 3 to 5 meters (10 - 16 feet) - WAAS/EGNOS, < 7 meters (15 feet) - GPS only
- Velocity 0.1 knots (RMS)
- Dynamics 6 g
- Grids 75 including Lat/Lon, UTM, OSGB,MGRS, Finnish, German, Swedish, French, Irish, Swiss, USNG, 1 User Grid (76 Max)
- Languages English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Finnish, Portuguese, Dutch, Norwegian
- Source Two AA batteries
- Battery Life Up to 18 hours continuous use
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors