Magellan eXplorist 310 Hand Held GPS Receiver
The Magellan eXplorist 310 GPS receiver comes packed with tons of helpful features and is ready to use right out of the box.
The eXplorist 310 is pre-loaded with the World Edition map, which includes a complete road network in the United States, Canada, Western Europe, and Australia and major roads throughout the rest of the world. This unique preloaded map also includes water features, urban and rural land use, and city centers. Regional versions of Magellan’s Summit Series topographic maps are available for download to expand mapping coverage and level of detail.
A vibrant, transflective color screen allows for the best readability in direct sunlight. To zero in on the exact location of a geocache, favorite fishing spot, or the next summit, the SiRFstarIII GPS chipset provides accuracy of 10-15 feet (3-5 meters). To keep your outdoor adventure going all day long, the device is powered by two AA batteries for 18 hours of constant usage. The eXplorist 310 is rugged, waterproof, and submersible (IPX-7). All of this is packed into a small and attractive handheld form factor that can be hung around your neck with the optional Magellan lanyard or attached to your pack with the built-in carabineer hook.
The eXplorist 310 provides unmatched assistance with navigation, such as the combination of the world’s two most useful navigational tools – a compass and a map! Overlay a series of different transparent compass styles on top of a pre-loaded worldwide map that show roads, water features, parks, and city centers. Access the dashboard screen that shows a mini-compass for quick reference and customizable navigation data fields, such as latitude, longitude, heading, bearing, distance to end, trip odometer, and many more. Go back to the map screen and view your active track, which is a series of digital breadcrumbs to record all yours movements. Mark your starting point (car, trailhead, parking lot…) with a waypoint and easily navigate back to that location at the end of the day.
The eXplorist 310 supports paperless geocaching, which allows you to download more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, including name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, spoilers, attributes, and last 20 user logs among a number of other details.
Reference your track summary to keep track of your distance travelled, elevation gained or lost, complete travel time, moving time and stopped time, and average time to find. Easily reset your track summary statistics to track the details of your next geocaching adventure.
No matter where you enjoy the outdoors, the eXplorist 310 GPS receiver will provide precise GPS signals thanks to the Satellite Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS) of WAAS, EGNOS, and MSAS; display coordinates in a myriad of different global systems, including UTM and WGS84; and accurately guide you to and from your next adventure, where ever in the world that may be!
eXplorist 310 Features
- Easy to Navigate Menus and Rich Graphics - A simple main menu, intuitive contextual menus, and vibrant graphics make this device easy to use
- Brilliant, sunlight readable color screen - A vibrant 2.2" color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight
- Rugged and waterproof to IPX-7 standards - Focus on the adventure not protecting the device
- High-sensitivity SiRFstarIII GPS with 3-5 meter accuracy - 3-5 meter GPS accuracy provides a superior navigation experience
- Pre-loaded World Edition Map - Referencing a complete road network in North America and Western Europe and major roads throughout the rest of the populated world to help in orientation. See parks, rivers, lakes, major city points, and other types of land use areas.
- 18 Hours of battery life using 2 AA batteries - Go strong for an entire day (or more). No stopping to replace the batteries.
- Suspend Mode - The goal is to conserve battery life by putting the device into an advanced power saving mode. Suspend mode will turn off everything expect for GPS tracking. Wake up the device with a single click.
- Paperless Geocaching - Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache and view, search, filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, spoilers, and last 20 user logs among a number of other details.
- 500 megabytes of user memory available - Loads of space to store additional maps, geocaches, waypoints, and tracks.
- Record Tracks and See "Breadcrumbs" on the Map Screen - Keep a log of all the steps you took throughout the day. Reference your track to find your way back or to keep a digital journal of all your outdoor adventures
- Track Summary - Start your journey with one-click and keep tabs on useful statistics such as distance travelled, average speed, elevation gain and descent, and average time to find
- NMEA Message Output (USB Only) - For hardcore outdoor GPS enthusiasts who want to connect their device to laptop running VantagePoint software and see your position on computer screen.
- Multiple Coordinates and Map Datums - Navigate around the world and do it accurately. See your geographic location in UTM coordinates or reference the OS Grid for use in Great Britain
|Battery Life||18 hours||18 hours||16 hours||16 hours||16 hours|
|High Sensitivity GPS||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|World Edition Map||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|microSD Card Slot||no||no||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|3.2 MP Camera w/ Auto Focus||no||no||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Speaker & Microphone||no||no||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|3-Axis Electronic Compass||no||no||no||Yes||Yes|
|Summit Series Topographic Map||no||no||no||Yes||Yes|
|City Series Turn-by-Turn Map||no||no||no||no||Yes|
- Magellan eXplorist 310 GPS Receiver
- Standard Mini USB Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Free 30 Day Premium Membership to Geocaching.com
- 2 AA Batteries
- Dimensions (English): 2.2" x 4.4" x 1.4"
- Dimensions (Metric): 56mm x 111mm x 36mm
- Weight (English): 5.20z
- Weight (Metric): 147g
- Battery Type: 2xAA
- Battery Life: 18 Hours
- Camera: No
- Flashlight: No
- Microphone: No
- Waterproof: IPX-7
- Speaker: No
- Stereo Audio Jack: No
- Available User Storage: 500 MB
- CPU: 400MHz
- Expandable Memory: No
- Temperature Range (F): 14F to 140F
- Temperature Range (C): -10C to 60C
- Suspend Mode: Yes
- Internal Memory: 2 GB
- Display Resolution, WxH: QVGA, 240 x 320
- Screen Size: 2.2"
- Display Type: Color, Transflective
- Touch Screen: No
GPS & Sensors
- GPS Accuracy: Up to 3-5 meters
- High-Sensitivity GPS: SiRFstarIII™
- Antenna Type: Multidirectional Patch
- 3-Axis Electronic Compass: No
- Barometric Altimeter: No
- External Antenna: No
- WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS: Yes
Mapping & Navigation
- Preloaded Maps: World Edition
- Uploadable Maps: Yes
- Points of Interest: T
- Turn-by-Turn Routing: No
- Vertical Profile: Yes
- Area Calculation: Yes
- Hunt & Fish Calendar: Yes
- Sun & Moon Information: Yes
- Tide & Current Tables: No
- Coordinates Systems & Datums: Yes
- User Grid: No
- AAA TourBook: No
- Lifetime Traffic Alerts: No
- Highway Lane Assist: No
- Map Updates: noinfofound
- Multi-Destination Routing: No
- OneTouch Favorites Menu: No
- Speed Limits: No
- Spoken Street Names: No
- Audible Proximity Alarms: Yes
- Silent Proximity Alarms: No
User Generated Content
- Accepts GPX Files: Yes
- Waypoints: 1000
- Routes: 50
- Geocaches: 10000
- Legs Per Route: 50
- Paperless Geocaching: Yes
- Picture Viewer: Yes
- Tracks: 50
- Points Per Track: 10000
- User Data Online Sharing: noinfofound
Interface & Communications
- Communication Protocol: USB Mass Storage
- USB Port: Yes
- NMEA Output: Yes
- PC Compatible: Yes
- MAC Compatible: No
- Bluetooth: No
- Wi-Fi: No
- Cellular: No
- Satellite Messaging: No
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors