Magellan Maestro 4050 Portable Bluetooth Automotive GPS System with Voice Recognition DISCONTINUED
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Magellan. It is replaced by the Maestro 4250 (click here), with updated maps and a sleeker look.
Finally, an automotive GPS system that understands you! The Magellan Maestro 4050 is the first after-market portable GPS system with voice recognition technology, letting you simply call out instructions to your unit to save time and make for a safer driving experience. With a full range of features, including Bluetooth compatibility, text-to-speech voice directions, live traffic updates, and a detailed map database, the Maestro 4050 is truly master of its domain.
Introducing the Magellan Maestro - a brand new line of car navigators designed to be easy on the eyes, easy on the wallet, and tough on the competition. The Seventh Generation of Magellan GPS technology, the Maestro 4000 series feature bright 4.3" diagonal color touch-screens and an improved user interface over previous models. The Maestro 4000 is the base model, providing turn-by-turn voice directions anywhere in the continental United States. The Maestro 4040 adds a more detailed map, including expanded coverage for Canada and Puerto Rico, as well as text-to-speech voice directions, Bluetooth phone compatibility and live traffic capability. The Maestro 4050 (this page) is the first portable GPS system to offer voice recognition technology, allowing you to speak simple commands to the unit. The 4050 has all the other features of the 4040 but also includes the traffic kit (see below for comparison chart).
Another new feature of the Magellan Maestro is AAA (American Automobile Association) TourBook Travel Information. Drivers gain access to North America's most trusted source for trip planning information through searchable AAA TourBook listings, including AAA Diamond Rated Restaurants and Accommodations, Show Your Card & Save Locations for member discounts, Approved Auto Repair Facilities, Attractions, Events, Campgrounds, Cities and AAA Branch Office locations. The Maestro 4000 series also provides AAA member roadside assistance details that show your exact location and provides the AAA member toll-free help number. Bluetooth-enabled Maestro devices will connect the driver's Bluetooth-enabled cell phone directly to AAA for immediate help when AAA members need it most.
Magellan Maestro 4000 Series Feature Matrix
|Maestro 4000||Maestro 4040||Maestro 4050|
|Screen Size||4.3" diag.||4.3" diag.||4.3" diag.|
|GPS Chipset||SiRF Star III||SiRF Star III||SiRF Star III|
|Map Coverage||Continental US (48 states)||50 States, Canada & Puerto Rico||50 States, Canada & Puerto Rico|
|POIs||1.6 million||4.5 million||4.5 million|
"Feature Matrix" Copyright © 2007 TigerGPS.com, Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Magellan Maestro 4050
- Magellan TrafficKit
- Windshield Mount
- Basic Cradle
- AC Wall Power Supply/Charger
- Cigarette Lighter adapter
- USB Data Cable
- Adhesive Disk for Dash Mounting
- Nylon Protective Pouch
Magellan Maestro 4050 Features
- The Maestro 4050 utilizes the latest generation of Voice Control to enable you to route to your destination using voice commands, and without touching the GPS unit.
- Large 4.3" WQVGA full-color touch screen
- New thin and stylish industrial design and streamlineduser interface
- Features include full-color, anti-glare, and touch-screen functionality
- New User Interface
- Vastly improved on-screen graphics for easy readability in all conditions
- The Maestro 4050 includes the Magellan TrafficKit with a three-month trial subscription. Traffic service is provided by NAVTEQ. Subscription typically costs $5/month after free trial period.
- Bluetooth Compatibility: Designed for the Business Mobile user who requires hands-free cell functionality
- SayWhere: Magellan's trade-marked text-to-speech process enables one to hear the name of the next turn including specific audible and visual directions
- SiRF Star III: Fastest GPS position acquisition in the industry
- NAVTEQ On Board: Includes detailed maps of the 50 United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico
- QuickSpell: Intelligently sorts, searches, and checks spelling with reduced keystrokes.
- 4.5 Million Searchable POIs: Find restaurants, hotels, airports, gas stations, and more - includes addresses and telephone numbers; Maestro will take you there
- Rechargeable battery: Integrated battery for portability - approximately 3 hours battery life
- Dimensions: 5.0"(l) x 3.75"(w) x 0.8"(h)
- Weight: 8.5 oz.
THANKS, JOSEPH SERNERS
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors