Magellan Maestro 4350 Bluetooth Navigation System w/ Lane Guidance
The Magellan Maestro Elite 4350 delivers a superior navigation experience in an elegant, ultra-thin design, plus a highly intuitive user interface, 3D landmarks and lane guidance. Innovative, new features include historic and live traffic, an FM transmitter, a built-in media player, and the new OneTouch user interface for personalized shortcuts to commonly used destinations and favorites such as coffee shops.
What Makes the Maestro 4300 Series So Special?
- New 4.3" wide-screen, full-color, anti-glare touch display
- New look and function with an ultra-thin, stylish, industrial design
- QuickSpell: intelligently searches and checks spelling when entering addresses
- SmartDetour: prompts drivers to route around heavy or stopped freeway traffic
Built-In AAA Travel Information
AAA-enabled for a superior navigation experience!
- AAA TourBook guide travel information
- AAA Member Roadside Assistance details
- AAA Show Your Card & Save Member Discount locations
What Makes the Maestro Elite 4350 So Unique?
- OneTouch User Interface: The fastest, easiest, and most personalized user interface available saves frequent POI and category searches by personalizing shortcuts to commonly used destinations and favorites such as coffee shops.
- Integrated Live Traffic Functionality: Includes a free 3-month traffic subscription, which provides real-time traffic updates and automatically reroutes drivers when an alternate route is available.
- Historic Traffic Data: Uses historic traffic data for over 750,000 miles of roadway in the 48 contiguous United States, including average speeds for every hour of the day and day of the week, delivering more accurate arrival times.
- 3D Landmarks: 3D versions of historic landmarks, including stadiums and bridges, in key U.S. metropolitan areas help drivers and pedestrians better orient themselves with their surroundings.
- Pedestrian Mode: Makes it easy for customers to track where they're going on foot, including off-road areas where cars can't go. It even remembers where they park, making it perfect for the stadium and mall.
- SayWhere: Text-to-speech tells drivers the street name of their next turn.
- Bluetooth Compatibility: Makes it easy for drivers to make hands-free calls and observe safe driving laws with their Bluetooth-compatible phone.
- Integrated FM Transmitter: Enables customers to broadcast MP3 audio and turn-by-turn driving instructions from their Maestro Elite 4350 to their car stereo.
- MP3, Audiobook, and Video Player: Customers can play MP3 files and audiobooks, plus videos when they're not driving, on their Maestro Elite 4350.
- 6 Million Searchable Points of Interest: Customers can easily search for restaurants, hotels, airports, gas stations, and more. Results include telephone numbers and addresses.
- NAVTEQ ON BOARD: Includes pre-loaded maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Magellan Maestro & RoadMate 2008 FAQs
Q: Why are there so many models available?
A: Magellan has released all these models to help customers choose based on feature set and price range. For basic, A-to-B style navigation, there's the RoadMate 1200/1400 line; for those who want more, there's the Maestro line; and for those who need the best, there's now the Maestro Elite line.
Q: What are the differences in the new RoadMate models?
A: The RoadMate 1200s have 3.5" diagonal screens, while the RoadMate 1400s have 4.3" diagonal screens. The base models, RoadMate 1200 and RoadMate 1400, provide voice prompts and have maps for only the lower 48 United States, plus Puerto Rico and Hawaii, and a databse of 1.3 million points-of-interest (POIs). The RoadMate 1212 and RoadMate 1412 add maps of Canada and Alaska, and upgrade the database to 6 million POIs. The difference in POI data sets is, therefore, pretty big - while a RoadMate 1200/1400 will show, say, a shopping mall, the RoadMate 1212/1412 will actually list the stores in it. In addition, the RoadMate 1212/1412 add text-to-speech voice prompts, meaning that the voice actually says the names of the roads; this is the difference between hearing "turn right in 300 feet" and "turn right on Mulberry Lane in 300 feet" - a huge upgrade. Step up to the RoadMate 1230 and RoadMate 1430, and you'll add an integrated traffic receiver, providing live traffic updates on screen and routing you around stopped and slow roads. You must upgrade the -30 models; the 1x00 and 1x12 models don't have connections for the traffic receiver. After three months of trial coverage, traffic service costs roughly $5/month.
Q: What are the differences in the new Maestro models?
A: Here's where it gets a little tricky.
The Maestro Elite 3270 directly replaces the Maestro 3250, with a new case design and ultra-sensitive screen, plus updated maps and pedestrian mode.
The Maestro 4250 is replaced directly by the Maestro 4350, which has the same screen and case but adds the new OneTouch easy-to-use interface, plus 3D landmarks, video player, updated maps, and pedestrian mode. The Maestro Elite 4370 uses the older interface (no OneTouch) but has an upgraded screen and case, plus expanded Voice Command: while the Voice Command on the Maestro 3250/4250 lets one speak menu commands and shortcuts, the Maestro Elite 4370 accepts voice commands for address entry and additional phrases as well.
The Maestro 5310 is Magellan's first navigation system with a 5" diagonal screen, plus text-to-speech, Bluetooth, live traffic, and other basic features one would find in a Maestro. The latest and greatest, however, is the Maestro Elite 5340, which features a 5" diagonal screen, text-to-speech, Bluetooth, live traffic, advanced Voice Command for menus and addresses, 3D landmarks and 1,400 additional building displayed in 3D, MP3 player, video player, new screen and case, and OneTouch interface. Upgrade to the Maestro Elite 5340+GPRS for access to Google local search and features as well - the first standalone Magellan system with live internet access!
Magellan Maestro 2008 Feature Matrix
|Maestro 4350||Maestro 5310||Maestro Elite 3270||Maestro Elite 4370||Maestro Elite 5340||Maestro Elite 5340+GPRS|
|Maps of USA & Canada||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Points of Interest (POI)||6 million||6 million||6 million||6 million||6 million||6 million|
|Voice Command for menus||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Voice Command for addresses||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OneTouch user interface||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
"Magellan Maestro & RoadMate FAQs/Matrix" Copyright © 2008 TigerGPS.com & Magellan. All rights reserved.
Package IncludesPackage Includes:
- GPS Receiver
- Receiver Cradle
- Windshield Mount
- Cigarette Lighter Adapter (12V DC) with built-in traffic
- Dash Adhesive Disk
- Quick Start Guide
- Manual on CD-ROM
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Protective Pouch
- GPS Chipset Titan
- GPS Accuracy 5-10 meters
- Integrated Antenna Yes
- Product Dimensions 3.25" H x 4.88" W x 0.7" D (8.25 cm H x 12.40 cm W x 1.78 cm D)
- Form Factor Wide screen, ultra-thin
- Product Weight 6.9 oz (196 g)3
- Screen Size 4.3" (10.4 cm)
- Screen Resolution 480 x 272 WQVGA; 64,000 colors
- Battery Type 2200mAH Li-Ion rechargeable
- Battery Life Up to 4 hours4
- User Interface OneTouch
Built-In AAA Travel Information
- AAA TourBook Guide Yes
- AAA Member Roadside Assistance Yes
- AAA Show Your Card & Save Member Discounts Yes
Extra Hardware Features
- USB 2.0
- SD Card Slot Yes
- Memory 2GB
Advanced Software Features
- Map Coverage United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada
- Map Database NAVTEQ ON BOARD
- Searchable Points of Interest 6 million
- SayWhere Text-to-Speech Yes
- Bluetooth Compatibility Yes
- Voice Command and Control No
- Live Traffic (Integrated RDS / TMC)
- 3-month subscription
- Historic Traffic Data Yes
- Pedestrian Mode Yes
- 3D Landmarks Yes
- Media Player MP3, audiobook, and video player
- Integrated FM Transmitter Yes
- QuickSpell Yes
- SmartDetour Yes
- TrueView and 3D Map View Yes
- Night View Yes
- Route Calculator Choose from 4 different route methods: Fastest Time, Shortest Distance, Least Use of Freeways, Most Use of Freeways. Option to Avoid All Toll Roads
- VantagePoint Support Basic
The mount it brings is great!
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors