Magellan Maestro 5310 Large-Screen Automotive Navigation System with Traffic
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Magellan. Try the Magellan Maestro 4700 (click here) instead, with a cleaner interface and new features.
The Magellan Maestro 5310 delivers a superior navigation experience in an ultra-wide 5.0" screen that offers large fonts and buttons that are very easy to see and touch. Advanced features include integrated live traffic alerts, a highly intuitive user interface that guides drivers to their destination via voice and on-screen prompts, pre-loaded maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada, 6 million points of interest, and more.
What Makes the Maestro 5300 Series So Special?
- New 5.0" wide-screen, full-color, anti-glare touch display
- Exit POIs: make it easy to access commonly used POIs while driving on the freeway
- Newly designed, intuitive interface makes the Maestro series the easiest to use
- New look and function with an ultra-thin, stylish, industrial design
- QuickSpell: intelligently searches and checks spelling when entering addresses
- SmartDetour: prompts drivers to route around heavy or stopped freeway traffic
Built-In AAA Travel Information
AAA-enabled for a superior navigation experience!
- AAA TourBook guide travel information
- AAA Member Roadside Assistance details
- AAA Show Your Card & Save Member Discount locations
What Makes the Maestro 5310 so Unique?
- 5.0" Ultra-Wide Screen: Offers 35 percent more viewable area than a 4.3" screen, and large fonts and buttons that are very easy to see and touch.
- Integrated Live Traffic Functionality: Includes a free 3-month traffic subscription, which provides real-time traffic updates and reroutes drivers when an alternate route is available.1
- SayWhere: Text-to-speech tells drivers the street name of their next turn.
- 6 Million Searchable Points of Interest: Customers can easily search for restaurants, hotels, airports, gas stations, and more. Results include telephone numbers and addresses.
- NAVTEQ ON BOARD: Includes pre-loaded maps of the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
Magellan Maestro & RoadMate 2008 FAQs
Q: Why are there so many models available?
A: Magellan has released all these models to help customers choose based on feature set and price range. For basic, A-to-B style navigation, there's the RoadMate 1200/1400 line; for those who want more, there's the Maestro line; and for those who need the best, there's now the Maestro Elite line.
Q: What are the differences in the new RoadMate models?
A: The RoadMate 1200s have 3.5" diagonal screens, while the RoadMate 1400s have 4.3" diagonal screens. The base models, RoadMate 1200 and RoadMate 1400, provide voice prompts and have maps for only the lower 48 United States, plus Puerto Rico and Hawaii, and a databse of 1.3 million points-of-interest (POIs). The RoadMate 1212 and RoadMate 1412 add maps of Canada and Alaska, and upgrade the database to 6 million POIs. The difference in POI data sets is, therefore, pretty big - while a RoadMate 1200/1400 will show, say, a shopping mall, the RoadMate 1212/1412 will actually list the stores in it. In addition, the RoadMate 1212/1412 add text-to-speech voice prompts, meaning that the voice actually says the names of the roads; this is the difference between hearing "turn right in 300 feet" and "turn right on Mulberry Lane in 300 feet" - a huge upgrade. Step up to the RoadMate 1230 and RoadMate 1430, and you'll add an integrated traffic receiver, providing live traffic updates on screen and routing you around stopped and slow roads. You must upgrade the -30 models; the 1x00 and 1x12 models don't have connections for the traffic receiver. After three months of trial coverage, traffic service costs roughly $5/month.
Q: What are the differences in the new Maestro models?
A: Here's where it gets a little tricky.
The Maestro Elite 3270 directly replaces the Maestro 3250, with a new case design and ultra-sensitive screen, plus updated maps and pedestrian mode.
The Maestro 4250 is replaced directly by the Maestro 4350, which has the same screen and case but adds the new OneTouch easy-to-use interface, plus 3D landmarks, video player, updated maps, and pedestrian mode. The Maestro Elite 4370 uses the older interface (no OneTouch) but has an upgraded screen and case, plus expanded Voice Command: while the Voice Command on the Maestro 3250/4250/4350 lets one speak menu commands and shortcuts, the Maestro Elite 4370 accepts voice commands for address entry and additional phrases as well.
The Maestro 5310 is Magellan's first navigation system with a 5" diagonal screen, plus text-to-speech, live traffic, and other basic features one would find in a Maestro. The latest and greatest, however, is the Maestro Elite 5340, which features a 5" diagonal screen, text-to-speech, Bluetooth, live traffic, advanced Voice Command for menus and addresses, 3D landmarks and 1,400 additional building displayed in 3D, MP3 player, video player, new screen and case, and OneTouch interface. Upgrade to the Maestro Elite 5340+GPRS for access to Google local search and features as well - the first standalone Magellan system with live internet access!
Magellan Maestro 2008 Feature Matrix
|Maestro 4350||Maestro 5310||Maestro Elite 3270||Maestro Elite 4370||Maestro Elite 5340||Maestro Elite 5340+GPRS|
|Maps of USA & Canada||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Points of Interest (POI)||6 million||6 million||6 million||6 million||6 million||6 million|
|Voice Command for menus||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Voice Command for addresses||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|OneTouch user interface||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes|
"Magellan Maestro & RoadMate FAQs/Matrix" Copyright © 2008 TigerGPS.com & Magellan. All rights reserved.
Package IncludesPackage Includes:
- GPS Receiver
- Receiver Cradle
- Windshield Mount
- Cigarette Lighter Adapter (12V DC) with built-in traffic
- Dash Adhesive Disk
- Quick Start Guide
- Manual on CD-ROM
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Protective Pouch
- GPS Chipset Centrality Atlas III
- GPS Accuracy 5-10 meters
- Integrated Antenna Yes
- Product Dimensions 3.61" H x 5.64" W x 0.79" D (9.18 cm H x 14.34 cm W x 2.03 cm D)
- Form Factor Super-wide screen, ultra-thin
- Product Weight 6.9 oz (196 g)2
- Screen Size 5.0" (12.7 cm)
- Screen Resolution 480 x 272 WQVGA
- Battery Type 2200mAH Li-Ion rechargeable
- Battery Life Up to 3 hours3
- User Interface Touch screen
Built-In AAA Travel Information
- AAA TourBook Guide Yes
- AAA Member Roadside Assistance Yes
- AAA Show Your Card & Save Member Discounts Yes
Extra Hardware Features
- USB 2.0
- SD Card Slot Yes
- Memory 2GB
Advanced Software Features
- Map Coverage United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada
- Map Database NAVTEQ ON BOARD
- Searchable Points of Interest 6 million
- SayWhere Text-to-Speech Yes
- Bluetooth Compatibility No
- Voice Command and Control No
- Live Traffic (Integrated RDS / TMC) 3-month subscription
- Historic Traffic Data No
- Pedestrian Mode No
- 3D Landmarks No
- Media Player No
- Integrated FM Transmitter No
- QuickSpell Yes
- SmartDetour Yes
- TrueView and 3D Map View Yes
- Night View Yes
- Route Calculator Choose from 4 different route methods:
- Fastest Time, Shortest Distance, Least
- Use of Freeways, Most Use of Freeways.
- Option to Avoid All Toll Roads
- VantagePoint Support Basic
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors