Magellan RoadMate 1200 Portable Automotive GPS System
Designed for simple, efficient and reliable vehicle navigation, the affordable Magellan RoadMate 1200 offers full navigation function and an amazingly easy and uncluttered interface. Unlike other navigation devices with complicated lists that require scrolling through menus, you can find virtually anywhere in seconds without reading the instructions.
The 3.5" color touch screen provides instant access to navigation features. Exclusive QuickSpell technology searches available destinations and corrects spelling so you can enter addresses and select Points of Interest with just a few touches of the screen.
Maps of the 48 contiguous United States, Puerto Rico and Hawaii are included on a pre-loaded SD memory card. 1.3 million pre-programmed Points of Interest make it easy to select gas stations, restaurants, ATM's, hotels and more, and get an instant route. Turn-by-turn voice directions and customizable routing methods guide you on the most direct or quickest route to any destination. Choose to travel by Least or Most Freeways, avoid toll roads, or exclude streets from your route. The convenient Tow Truck icon gives you your precise position for easy communication when in need of rescue.
Travel around town or to unfamiliar cities without the need to call for directions and be where you want to be when you want to Be There.
- Sleek & pocket-sized: The take-with-you-anywhere personal navigation device combines style and functionality in a rugged pocket-sized design.
- Innovative easy-to-use interface: Amazingly easy-to-use, find almost anywhere in seconds without even reading the instructions.
- 3.5" QVGA color touch screen: The large touch screen shows your position, Points of Interest, route, ETA and more on the interactive map
- Built-in U.S. maps: Travel the 48 contiguous United States, Puerto Rico and Hawaii with all your maps pre-loaded on the removable SD memory card.
- 1.3 million Points of Interest: Preprogrammed POIs make it easy to find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, coffee and more. Search by name or category near your position or near any city.
- Interactive POI icons: Touch an onscreen icon for a nearby destination to see name, address, phone number (when available), and get an instant route.
- QuickSpell: Exclusive auto-complete feature makes it easy to enter destinations with just a few touches of the screen and even corrects spelling.
- SmartDetour: Automatically prompts you to route around sudden slow freeway traffic.
- Bird's-eye 3D view: Clearly see your surroundings in 2D or 3D. Choose between Map View, TrueView 3D split screen, and Maneuver List.
- SiRFstarIII: Integrated chipset provides the fastest GPS position acquisition in the industry.
- Rechargeable battery: Navigate for up to 3 hours when power is unavailable.
- Automatic re-route: Never miss a turn and quickly get back on track whenever you take a detour.
- Customizable route method: Select Fastest Time, Shortest Distance, Least or Most Use of Freeways, and Avoid Toll Roads.
- Address book: Create and store personal Points of Interest for easy reoccurring trips.
- Auto night view: Adjusts color and contrast for easy night viewing.
Magellan Maestro & RoadMate 2008 FAQs
Q: Why are there so many models available?
A: Magellan has released all these models to help customers choose based on feature set and price range. For basic, A-to-B style navigation, there's the RoadMate 1200/1400 line; for those who want more, there's the Maestro line; and for those who need the best, there's now the Maestro Elite line.
Q: What are the differences in the new RoadMate models?
A: The RoadMate 1200s have 3.5" diagonal screens, while the RoadMate 1400s have 4.3" diagonal screens. The base models, RoadMate 1200 and RoadMate 1400, provide voice prompts and have maps for only the lower 48 United States, plus Puerto Rico and Hawaii, and a databse of 1.3 million points-of-interest (POIs). The RoadMate 1212 and RoadMate 1412 add maps of Canada and Alaska, and upgrade the database to 6 million POIs. The difference in POI data sets is, therefore, pretty big - while a RoadMate 1200/1400 will show, say, a shopping mall, the RoadMate 1212/1412 will actually list the stores in it. In addition, the RoadMate 1212/1412 add text-to-speech voice prompts, meaning that the voice actually says the names of the roads; this is the difference between hearing "turn right in 300 feet" and "turn right on Mulberry Lane in 300 feet" - a huge upgrade. Step up to the RoadMate 1230 and RoadMate 1430, and you'll add an integrated traffic receiver, providing live traffic updates on screen and routing you around stopped and slow roads. You must upgrade the -30 models; the 1x00 and 1x12 models don't have connections for the traffic receiver. After three months of trial coverage, traffic service costs roughly $5/month.
Q: What are the differences in the new Maestro models?
A: Here's where it gets a little tricky.
The Maestro Elite 3270 directly replaces the Maestro 3250, with a new case design and ultra-sensitive screen, plus updated maps and pedestrian mode.
The Maestro 4250 is replaced directly by the Maestro 4350, which has the same screen and case but adds the new OneTouch easy-to-use interface, plus 3D landmarks, video player, updated maps, and pedestrian mode. The Maestro Elite 4370 uses the older interface (no OneTouch) but has an upgraded screen and case, plus expanded Voice Command: while the Voice Command on the Maestro 3250/4250/4350 lets one speak menu commands and shortcuts, the Maestro Elite 4370 accepts voice commands for address entry and additional phrases as well.
The Maestro 5310 is Magellan's first navigation system with a 5" diagonal screen, plus text-to-speech, Bluetooth, live traffic, and other basic features one would find in a Maestro. The latest and greatest, however, is the Maestro Elite 5340, which features a 5" diagonal screen, text-to-speech, Bluetooth, live traffic, advanced Voice Command for menus and addresses, 3D landmarks and 1,400 additional building displayed in 3D, MP3 player, video player, new screen and case, and OneTouch interface. Upgrade to the Maestro Elite 5340+GPRS for access to Google local search and features as well - the first standalone Magellan system with live internet access!
Magellan RoadMate Feature Matrix
|Diag. Screen Size||Maps of U.S.||Maps of Canada||Points of interest (POIs)||Text-to-Speech||Live Traffic|
|RoadMate 1200||3.5"||Yes||No||1.3 Million||No||No|
|RoadMate 1212||3.5"||Yes||Yes||6 Million||Yes||No|
|RoadMate 1230||3.5"||Yes||Yes||6 Million||Yes||Yes|
|RoadMate 1400||4.3"||Yes||No||1.3 Million||No||No|
|RoadMate 1412||4.3"||Yes||Yes||6 Million||Yes||No|
|RoadMate 1430||4.3"||Yes||Yes||6 Million||Yes||Yes|
- Magellan RoadMate 1200 receiver
- Cigarette lighter power adapter (12-24 watts)
- Adhesive disc for dash mounting
- Windshield mount
- Basic cradle
- Quick setup guide
- Case High-impact plastic
- Size 3.63" x 3.30" x 0.69"
- Weight 4.94 oz.
- Display 3.5 inch
- Antenna Integrated multidirectional patch
- Receiver WAAS/EGNOS enabled Centrality
- Accuracy 3 to 5 meters
- Source Li-ion rechargeable, CLA 12-24 (included) or AC adapter (sold seperately)
- Battery Life Over 2 hours continuous use
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors