Magellan RoadMate 3000T Compact Automotive GPS System with MP3 DISCONTINUED
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Magellan. It is replaced by the Maestro 3140 (click here), with a revamped design, fresher maps, and SayWhere technology.
The makers of Hertz NeverLost have found something new: the Magellan RoadMate 3000T. This innovative new RoadMate takes the high-powered features of the RoadMate 800 and crams it into a sleek-looking, compact unit. It's easy to use and fits in your shirt pocket when you leave the car. The RoadMate 3000T at Tiger GPS also lets you add an optional traffic receiver, letting you view live traffic conditions right on the screen. The RoadMate 3000T is SD-card compatible so that you can easily load MP3s and digital photo files, as well as up to one million custom points-of-interest, in case the included six million weren't enough. Magellan is also offering a RoadMate 3050T which includes the traffic receiver and the RoadMate 6000T which includes the traffic receiver and interfaces with your Bluetooth-enabled cell phone for hands-free calling services.
- New Design. The Magellan RoadMate 3000T features a completely new industrial design, which combines touch screen ease of use with quick access buttons to the most important features. Includes all key features of the RoadMate 800.
- Traffic Compatible. The Magellan RoadMate 3000T is designed to function with the optional TrafficKit, which enables you to avoid road work, accidents, traffic delays, and allows you to get to your destination quickly.
- Traffic Option - Accommodates the optional MRM 3000 TrafficKit accessory that includes a free 15-month subscription
- QuickSpell - Intelligently sorts, searches, and checks spelling with reduced keystrokes
- TrueView - Pop up visual of up coming turn
- SmartDetour - Automatically prompts you to route around heavy or stopped traffic on freeways or highways
- SmartVolume - Automatically increases volume when speed exceeds 45 MPH
- Night View - Display automatically turns to the night view based on time of day
- Map View - 3D birds eye and standard 2D map views
- Color touch screen - 3.5" hi-res anti-glare screen
- Directions - Turn-by-turn visual and voice guidance
- Battery - Integrated battery for portability
- Auto-reroute. Calculates new route automatically if you miss a turn
- Multi-media. Integrated MP3 Player and Picture Viewer
- Multi-Destination Routing. Pre-program and plan upcoming trip with multiple stops
- Route optimization. Visit multiple stops using the most efficient route
- Pre-loaded maps. NAVTEQ maps of 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands
- Points of interest. Over 6 million points of interest -hotels, restaurants, airports, etc. Search restaurants by cuisine type
- Add Custom POIs. Download up to 1 million customized POIs from user group websites
- Storage. 4GB hard disk. Pre-loaded with maps and points of interest. SD card compatible for unlimited user storage (sold separately).
- Magellan RoadMate 3000T GPS receiver with integrated rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Magellan RoadMate Tools CD-ROM contains POI, Music and Photo Managers
- Windshield Mount
- Cigarette lighter power adapter (12-24 volts)
- USB data cable
- Quick reference guide, reference manual on CD-ROM
- Car holder
Magellan RoadMate 3000T FAQs
Q: What are the differences between the RoadMate 3000T and the RoadMate 800, 760, 700, and 360?
A: The RoadMate 3000T has a look and feel unlike any other RoadMate. The quick access buttons are condensed so that the most prominent feature of the RoadMate 3000T is the 3.5" diagonal touch screen. This compact design lets you slip the RoadMate 3000T into your pocket when not in the car, making it the easiest to use and most portable RoadMate yet.
Q: What is the difference between the RoadMate 860T and RoadMate 3000T?
A: The RoadMate 860T is the same shape and uses the same interface as previous RoadMate models; the RoadMate 3000T revamps the design to be ultra-portable and cost-effective. The RoadMate 860T has text-to-speech voice directions, a 20GB hard drive with unlockable Europe maps, and includes a traffic receiver. The RoadMate 3000T gives basic voice directions, has a 4.5GB hard drive (though the North America maps are the same) and requires you to purchase the traffic receiver as a separate accessory.
Q: What are the differences between the RoadMate 3000T, 3050T and 6000T?
A: The RoadMate 3000T is the base model unit; the RoadMate 3050T adds a plug-and-play traffic kit; and the RoadMate 6000T features Bluetooth calls, text-to-speech routing, and an included traffic kit as well.
Q: Is there a monthly fee for using the RoadMate 3000T?
A: GPS Navigation is always free of monthly charges. The live traffic, however, is a subscription service, and you must purchase the receiver separately. When you activate it, you recieve the first 15 months for free. Afterwards, subscription costs will be roughly $5 per month.
Q: What's included in the box?
A: The RoadMate 3000T at Tiger GPS includes everything you need to set up your unit and go: RoadMate 6000T GPS receiver with integrated rechargeable Li-ion battery; windshield mount; quick release cradle; adhesive disk; cigarette lighter power adaper (12-24 volts); USB data cable; Magellan RoadMate Tools CD-ROM with POI, Music and Photo Managers; and quick reference guide and reference manual on CD-ROM.
"Magellan RoadMate 3000T FAQs" Copyright © 2006 TigerGPS.com, Ltd. All rights reserved.
amazed at how great this product is. It
has everything I need for my busy lifestyle.
I drive all over for my job, and now I have no
problem getting around. It has more than
enough memory for me, and the system is so
easy to work. I have not found one problen
or anything that I have not liked about it.
Would highly recommend, and will always
be sure to have mine with me.
Basically gets you there just fine.
Zoom buttons on top are easy to bump inadvertanly. Some POI's missing in rural areas.
Would reccommend/buy one again.
I highly recommend TigerGPS for shopping and Magillan as GPS! Go for it.
The battery dose not last very long about 2 hrs
So get a charger.
Would have loved to be able to get going from day one.
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors