Magellan RoadMate 800 Automotive GPS with MP3 and Photo DISCONTINUED
NOTE: This item has been discontinued by Magellan. It is replaced by the RoadMate 2200T (click here), with a revamped design, fresher maps, and SayWhere technology.
Ever wish that your Magellan RoadMate was portable? Have you ever thought, "I'd love to have a car navigator that plays music and stores photos?" Are you just looking for a RoadMate that has a full 3D map mode? Check out the new Magellan RoadMate 800.
Magellan RoadMate 800 Key Features:
- Turn-by-turn visual and voice guidance using the integrated speaker
- "Birds-eye" 3D map view with easy switching or toggling to 2D map view
- QuickSpell intelligently sorts, searches, and checks spelling with reduced keystrokes
- SmartDetour prompts you to route around heavy or stopped highway traffic
- SmartVolume automatically increases volume when speed exceeds 45 MPH
- 3.5" Anti-glare Hi-Res TFT color touch screen
- Multiple destination routing with route optimization creates trips with multiple stops, and enables you to put them in the most efficient order
- 20GB Hard disk drive includes over 4.5GB dedicated to user storage:
- Full coverage maps include all 50 states, plus Canada, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands
- The European unlock code is available at nominal charge, and is not related to the dedicated user storage. When unlocked, you can view navigation with the preloaded maps of 27 E.U. countries
- Directory of over 6 million POI's, plus you can search restaurants by cuisine type
- Search locations by address, intersection, zip cod, or from huge POI database
- High-speed USB 2.0 data port for fast data transfer
- Locate Key allows you to know your exact location, and enables you to save your location in your address book
- Display automatically turns from the default to the "night screen" based on time of day
- View and select POI icons on the map screen; find nearest POI's on your route
- New windshield mount with larger suction cup
- Integrated battery for portability
- MP3 music player and photo viewer
- Integrated speaker and audio-out jack for headphone
Q: What's the difference between the RoadMate 760 and the RoadMate 800? Isn't the 800 just the next model up from the 760?
A: Absolutely not! There are a number of major differences between the RoadMate 800 and RoadMate 760; which one is better for you depends on your needs. The RoadMate 760 has a larger screen and SayWhere technology; the RoadMate 800 has a true 3D map view and internal battery for the MP3 player/photo viewer. The navigation features on the two are similar, however.
Q: What's the difference between the RoadMate 800 and the RoadMate 700?
A: There are literally millions of differences, at least as far as the Points-of-Interest (POI) database is concerned. The 800 combines the basic RoadMate 760 technology and RoadMate 360 form factor and puts in a brand-new and fully-overhauled software system. Some of the new features include full 3D map mode, multiple-point routing capabilities, and an expanded POI database with millions more points and dozens more categories than the older RoadMates.
Q: What's the difference between the RoadMate 800 and the Garmin StreetPilot 2720?
A: The RoadMate 800 continues the familiar interface of the Hertz NeverLost system, and upgrades the 700 model with new maps and extra routing functions. It also adds the MP3 player and photo viewer and an internal battery. The Garmin StreetPilot 2720 has a larger screen and adds an FM traffic receiver option; otherwise, the main difference is whether you prefer Garmin or Magellan.
Magellan RoadMate 800 Screen Shots:
- Magellan RoadMate 800 GPS receiver with integrated rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Magellan RoadMate Tools CD-ROM contains POI, Music and Photo Managers
- Windshield mount with cigarette lighter power adapter (12-24 volts)
- AC power adapter and USB data cables
- Quick reference guide and reference manual on CD-ROM
- Car holder
- Anti-glare screen protector
- Stereo headphones
- Protective pouch
- Battery Type: 1350mA Li Ion rechargeable
- USB: 2.0
- Map Sofware: Ready to use detailed maps of the United States, Canada and Europe. Additional fee required to unlock European maps.
- Plug-n-Play: Seamless map built-in and ready to use
- Map Coverage: The 50 Untied States, Puerto Rico, Canada, the US Virgin Islands and 27 European countries. Additional fee required to unlock Europe.
- User Interface: Touch Screen or dynamic keypad input
- Display: High Resolution TFT LCD full color display automatically adjusts to lighting changes
- Display Size (H/W): 2.2 in x 2.91in/55.8 mm x 73.9 mm
- Route Calculator: Choose from four different route methods: Shortest Time, Shortest Distance, Least Use of Freeways, Most use of Freeways. You may also choose Avoid Toll Roads
- Turn-by-Turn Navigation: 3D 'Bird's Eye' map view gives you a three dimensional representation of the road ahead while voice prompts politely gives turn-by-turn guidance in 11 languages (French, UK and US English, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, Norwegian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish)
- Route Recalculation: Automatically calculates new route when car deviates from route
- Multi-Destination Routing: Create and save multi-destination trips. Use route optimization to determine the quickest way between stops or choose your own order.
- Track Progress on Map: Dynamically tracks progress on the onscreen map
- QuickSpell Technology: Simplifies data entry by pre-determining letters when spelling street and city names
- Address Book: Holds 200 addresses
- Points-of-Interest: Over 6 million points of interest and up to 1 million custom POIs
- Weight & Dimensions: 307g/10.8oz , Length 159.1mm/6.26in, Width 80.1mm/3.15in, Depth 39.4mm/1.55in
- Portable: True plug-n-play in any region
- Mapping Data: Provided by NAVTEQ
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors