Magellan RDS-TMC TrafficKit for RoadMate 760
Do you hate being stuck in traffic? Wouldn't it be great if your Magellan RoadMate 760 could route you around it, getting you to your destination faster while you laugh at all the people still stuck on the highway? Now you can, with the Magellan TrafficKit.
The Magellan RoadMate 760 can be enabled to provide the following benefits:
- Real-time, up-to-the-minute traffic alerts
- Avoid accidents, traffic jams, construction, slow-downs, weather-related road delays, etc.
- Automatically detour around traffic incidents along your route
- Pre-configured to work in major metropolitan areas
- Includes a 15 month pre-paid subscription for free traffic service (Pre-paid subscription begins after the TrafficKit has been activated. Enclosed rebate included and needs to be redeemed to activate the free subscription period.) RDS-TMC subscription typically costs about $60/year.
Coverage in the following major metro areas:
- New York
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- Dallas / Ft. Worth
- Houston / Galveston
- Washington DC
- Miami / Ft. Lauderdale
- Minneapolis / St. Paul
- San Diego
- Nassau / Suffolk
- Baltimore St. Louis
- Tampa / St. Petersburg
- Denver / Boulder
- Portland OR
- Riverside / San Brdno.
- Kansas City MO
- San Antonio
- San Jose CA
- Milwaukee / Racine
- Providence / Warwick
- Las Vegas
- Hartford / New Britain
- Middlesex / Somerset / Union
- W. Palm Beach
TrafficKit Terms to Know
RDS: Radio Data System. Infrastructure that broadcasts digital info on the FM radio band
TMC: Traffic Message Channel. One type of info that a Radio Data System can broadcast
TMC Message: A message received by the traffic module that contains the description of a TMC event
TMC Event: An event affecting traffic flow, such as Accident, Danger, Road Work, Severe Weather, etc. - and are shown in the form of warning messages
Using the TrafficKit, the Magellan RoadMate 760 shows these events on the display with exact locations, specific logos, plus details of impending TMC Event.
The re-route option automatically directs you to the fastest alternative around the TMC Event. Click any traffic icon to get more information!
NOTE 1: The Magellan TrafficKit must be professionally installed, as it is hard-wired into your radio.
NOTE 2: You can add the TrafficKit to your Magellan RoadMate 700 if you have upgraded to firmware version 5. To purchase the upgrade from the manufacturer, visit www.MagellanGPS.com.
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors