Magellan Triton 1500 Outdoor Adventure Pack with Topo Explorer DVD-ROM
Do you need it all? You can have it all with the Magellan Triton 1500 Outdoor Adventure Pack, which includes a new Triton 1500 receiver, the National Geographic TOPO! Explorer DVD-ROM set, a 2GB SD card for loading the data, and a carrying case - all for one low price!
The Magellan Triton 1500 is unlike any handheld GPS system you've even seen, heard, or felt. It's the first consumer-grade outdoor GPS device with a touch-screen interface, fully integrated microphone and speaker, MP3 player, and LED flashlight, all crammed into a compact and affordable package.
Amazingly easy to use, the Triton 1500 reinvents handheld GPS. A large, 2.7" color touch screen makes it easy to navigate the simple, intuitive menus and control navigation features with a touch.
Use Magellan's exclusive VantagePoint software to easily manage and upload detailed maps, user generated content, updates and upgrades on your PC. View saved routes and tracks, then customize them for future trips or create new ones.
SD-card compatibility makes it easy to expand your navigation capabilities by adding detailed maps and applications. Upload optional detailed topographic maps, marine cartography, and other applications to find your way on all your outdoor adventures. Plus, Triton is the first handheld GPS to offer compatibility with National Geographic maps. These highly detailed nation-wide topographic maps based on USGS 1:24,000 series quads, offer seamless scalability, multi-layer overlays and much more.
Record audio notes for waypoints and play them back with the built-in microphone and speaker. A powerful, low battery consumption LED flashlight helps you find your way in the dark: an invaluable tool for camping and other outdoor recreation.
Triton is designed for precision navigation, offering the fastest GPS positioning acquisition in the industry with the SiRFstarIII chipset. An integrated high-sensitivity antenna provides reliable signal reception even in heavy cloud cover, canyons or deep woods. Built-in signal augmentation reception (WAAS/EGNOS) provides 3-meter accuracy.
Rugged and waterproof, your Triton is built to withstand intense use, accidental impact and immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes (IPX-7). It's ready to guide you across any terrain in the great outdoors.
Touch-screen technology makes it easy to use all the advanced features. View the elevation profile for the trail ahead (or any route) or even the track you just traveled. See the precise time of sunrise/sunset any day of the year. Get a calculation of the best hunting and fishing time. And much more.
Triton is built on the experience of GPS users and nearly 20 years of precision positioning technology from Magellan. Triton 1500: how you get there is up to you!
National Geographic TOPO! Explorer gives you the freedom to browse a seamless nationwide set of topographic maps, aerial imagery, and a unique hybrid of the two, for the ultimate in terrain visualization. When you are ready to print, customize, or connect to a GPS, simply download the exact maps you need using map credits. This package includes 25 credits.
In addition to this, TOPO! Explorer Deluxe includes nearly 2,000 USGS 1:100,000 scale maps covering the entire United States (1:250,000 in Alaska and Hawaii) on two DVD-ROMs. This scale is perfect for planning back road excursions and outdoor adventures. When you need more detailed maps, use the 25 included map credits to download SuperQuads.
Each map credit is good for one SuperQuad, National Geographic's exclusive combination of the most detailed, authentic USGS topographic maps (1:24,000 and 1:100,000 scale), plus current roads and streets, aerial imagery, and a topo/aerial hybrid. Each SuperQuad covers a minimum of 49 square miles.
Detailed maps are just the beginning. Using TOPO! Explorer you have online access to Nat Geo's National Recreation Database, filled with updated trails, photos, videos, and valuable recreation information. Download the trails for your favorite National Park, add in Forest Service roads or wildlife habitat areas. Drop your outdoor photos on the map and click to share them with friends. With TOPO! Explorer you can give-as-you-get to a community of outdoor enthusiasts and always have new places to go.
TOPO! Explorer makes it easy to use your maps where it matters most - the outdoors. Whether you prefer a printed map or connecting to your GPS, TOPO! Explorer makes it easy to take your maps to the field.
TOPO! Explorer revolutionizes how you work with GPS, making it easy to create trails, waypoints, and routes, plus browse and backup your contents much like an MP3 player. With support for nearly all handheld receivers from Garmin, Magellan, Eagle and Lowrance, GPS owners everywhere can take advantage of this new era in ease of use. Magellan Triton series users can transfer detailed maps directly to their units.
About USGS Topographic Maps
The US Geological Survey produces the most detailed nationwide set of maps, known as the 7.5 minute series, at a scale of 1:24,000. TOPO! products include high resolution scans of these maps. Authentic USGS topographic maps contain rich detail you won't find on computer-generated digital maps sold by some GPS manufacturers and others. With TOPO!, you can update these unique maps with trails and much more from our National Recreation Database or add your own information.
Need more than 25 maps?
Expand your coverage by purchasing TOPO! State Series or Weekend Explorer titles. Compared to downloading SuperQuads for $1.00 each - State Series TOPOs are just pennies on the dollar. Adding State Series and Weekend Explorer products to TOPO! Explorer requires internet access and grants you streaming access for printing and customizing topographic map layers only. Aerial imagery and hybrids must be obtained through SuperQuad downloads using map credits.
- Triton 1500 GPS receiver
- USB data cable
- National Geographic TOPO! Explorer DVD-ROM
- Fabric carrying case
- 2GB SD card
- 2 AA batteries
- Spare Styli (5)
- VantagePoint software
- Quick reference guide
- Reference manual on CD-ROM
Magellan Triton 1500 Features:
- 2.7" color touch screen control - The latest touch-screen technology is built in to the large brilliant color display. Control navigation and advanced features with a touch
- Amazing ease-of-use - Reinventing handheld GPS, simple menus, instant access buttons, intuitive scroll pad and crystal clear graphics let you navigate without the need for a Ph.D.
- Voice recorder - Microphone and speaker enable you to record audio notes for waypoints to share with friends and family or easily find your way back next time
- Flashlight - Light your way with a powerful LED flashlight. Low power consumption helps maximize battery life.
- SD-card expansion - Use your own SD memory cards to upload unlimited detailed maps and store routes, waypoints, geocaches and more
- Built-in maps - Basemap of the 48 contiguous United States, Alaska, and Canada (major highways, city centers, parks, lakes and more) plus worldwide geographic boundaries
- Add detailed maps - Upload optional marine cartography, topographic maps, and more, including the highly-detailed and feature-packed National Geographic Maps to the available memory or SD card
- Points of interest - Preprogrammed points of interest include parks, city centers, airports, historical monuments and more
- Compass screen - See your direction of travel, distance and position of destination, heading, bearing, speed and more on the beautiful graphic compass
- 3-meter accuracy - SiRFstarIII chipset and integrated multidirectional antennae offer superior GPS accuracy using the Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS)
- Digital music player - Upload your digital music to the available memory or own SD card and enjoy a customized soundtrack as you explore. Plug in any standard headphones for clear private listening
- External antenna connector - Simply plug in an external antenna in your boat or off-road vehicle for enhanced GPS signal reception
- Audio jack - Plug in any standard 1/8" headphones to enjoy clear private listening of your digital music, voice notes and other recordings
Magellan Triton 1500 Specifications:
- Display: 2.7" (6.9cm) diagonal QVGA, color
- Waterproof: IPX-7, submersion in up to one meter of water for 30 minutes
- USB: 1.1
- GPS Chipset: SiRFstarIII
- User Interface: Touch-screen & Keypad
National Geographic TOPO! System Requirements:
- Internet Connection Required. DSL, Cable, or equivalent high speed access recommended for performance.
- Windows Vista, XP, 2000, ME, or 98. Internet Explorer 6 or higher. 1 GHZ CPU or better. 512 MB RAM + 64 MB video memory. DVD Drive.
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher. 1 GHZ CPU or better
- 512 MB RAM + 64 MB video memory
- DVD Drive.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors