Magellan Triton 500 Outdoor Adventure Pack with Topo Explorer DVD-ROM
Do you need it all? You can have it all with the Magellan Triton 500 Outdoor Adventure Pack, which includes a new Triton 500 receiver, the National Geographic TOPO! Explorer DVD-ROM set, a 2GB SD card for loading the data, and a carrying case - all for one low price!
The new Magellan Triton 500 is built tough, with the latest hardware - yet its simple software interface is a snap to operate. Amazingly easy to use, Triton 500 is perfect for the first-time GPS user. And the full-color display, SD-card compatibility, enhanced features, fast signal acquisition, reliable signal lock and precision positioning make Triton 500 an excellent choice for the advanced navigator. The Triton 500's 3-axis electronic compass and built-in barometer offer enhanced navigation capabilities as well.
The smartly designed interface with simple menus and intuitive button and scroll pad control make navigation fun and effortless. The full-color crystal clear display shows all your maps and navigation information in brilliant, easy-to-view graphics. Instantly see all your maps, locations and saved tracks and waypoints with just a click or two. Unlike other complicated devices that require you to scroll through page after page, Triton 500 gets you to the information you want with a few keystrokes.
SD-card compatibility maximizes your navigation capability. Add an unlimited amount of marine cartography, topographic maps and other content to navigate all your outdoor adventures. Plus, Triton is the first handheld GPS to offer compatibility with National Geographic maps. These highly detailed nation-wide topographic maps are based on USGS 1:24.000 series quads, offer seamless scalability with customizable multi-layer overlays and much more.
Exclusive VantagePoint software enables easy management of maps, user generated content, updates and upgrades on your PC. View saved routes and tracks. Customize them for future trips or create new ones.
Triton is designed for precision navigation, offering the fastest GPS positioning acquisition in the industry with the SiRFstarIII chipset. An integrated high-sensitivity antenna provides reliable signal reception even in heavy cloud cover, canyons or deep woods. Built-in signal augmentation reception (WAAS/EGNOS) provides 3-meter accuracy.
Rugged and waterproof, your Triton 500 is built to withstand intense use, accidental impacts and immersion in one meter of water for up to 30 minutes (IPX-7). It's ready to guide you on any adventure.
The advanced features are also easy to use. View the elevation profile for the trail ahead (or any route) or even the track you just traveled. See the precise time of sunrise/sunset any day of the year. Get a calculation of the best hunting and fishing time. And much more.
Triton is built on the experience of hundreds of thousands of GPS users and nearly 20 years of precision positioning technology from Magellan. Triton 500: find inspiration in exploration!
National Geographic TOPO! Explorer gives you the freedom to browse a seamless nationwide set of topographic maps, aerial imagery, and a unique hybrid of the two, for the ultimate in terrain visualization. When you are ready to print, customize, or connect to a GPS, simply download the exact maps you need using map credits. This package includes 25 credits.
In addition to this, TOPO! Explorer Deluxe includes nearly 2,000 USGS 1:100,000 scale maps covering the entire United States (1:250,000 in Alaska and Hawaii) on two DVD-ROMs. This scale is perfect for planning back road excursions and outdoor adventures. When you need more detailed maps, use the 25 included map credits to download SuperQuads.
Each map credit is good for one SuperQuad, National Geographic's exclusive combination of the most detailed, authentic USGS topographic maps (1:24,000 and 1:100,000 scale), plus current roads and streets, aerial imagery, and a topo/aerial hybrid. Each SuperQuad covers a minimum of 49 square miles.
Detailed maps are just the beginning. Using TOPO! Explorer you have online access to Nat Geo's National Recreation Database, filled with updated trails, photos, videos, and valuable recreation information. Download the trails for your favorite National Park, add in Forest Service roads or wildlife habitat areas. Drop your outdoor photos on the map and click to share them with friends. With TOPO! Explorer you can give-as-you-get to a community of outdoor enthusiasts and always have new places to go.
TOPO! Explorer makes it easy to use your maps where it matters most - the outdoors. Whether you prefer a printed map or connecting to your GPS, TOPO! Explorer makes it easy to take your maps to the field.
TOPO! Explorer revolutionizes how you work with GPS, making it easy to create trails, waypoints, and routes, plus browse and backup your contents much like an MP3 player. With support for nearly all handheld receivers from Garmin, Magellan, Eagle and Lowrance, GPS owners everywhere can take advantage of this new era in ease of use. Magellan Triton series users can transfer detailed maps directly to their units.
About USGS Topographic Maps
The US Geological Survey produces the most detailed nationwide set of maps, known as the 7.5 minute series, at a scale of 1:24,000. TOPO! products include high resolution scans of these maps. Authentic USGS topographic maps contain rich detail you won't find on computer-generated digital maps sold by some GPS manufacturers and others. With TOPO!, you can update these unique maps with trails and much more from our National Recreation Database or add your own information.
Need more than 25 maps?
Expand your coverage by purchasing TOPO! State Series or Weekend Explorer titles. Compared to downloading SuperQuads for $1.00 each - State Series TOPOs are just pennies on the dollar. Adding State Series and Weekend Explorer products to TOPO! Explorer requires internet access and grants you streaming access for printing and customizing topographic map layers only. Aerial imagery and hybrids must be obtained through SuperQuad downloads using map credits.
- Magellan Triton 500 GPS receiver
- National Geographic TOPO! Explorer DVD-ROM
- Fabric carrying case
- 2GB SD card
- VantagePoint software
- Quick reference guide
- USB Data Cable
- Reference manual on CD-ROM
Magellan Triton 500 Features:
- Amazing ease-of-use - Reinventing handheld GPS, simple menus, instant access buttons, and crystal clear graphics let you navigate without the need for a Ph.D.
- 3-axis electronic compass - Clearly see your direction no matter how you hold your GPS, even when standing still
- Barometer - Sensitive barometric pressure readings offer advance notice of changing weather and assists in providing accurate elevation
- Full-color 2.2" display - The large display shows maps, simple menus, navigation screens and other data in brilliant color
- SD-card compatibility - An invaluable feature enables you to use an unlimited amount of map data for topographic and marine navigation. Store tracks, routes, geocaches and more
- Add detailed maps - Upload optional marine cartography, topographic maps, and more, including the highly-detailed and feature-packed National Geographic Maps to the available memory or SD card
- Built-in maps - Basemap of the 48 contiguous United States, Alaska, and Canada (major highways, city centers, parks, lakes and more) plus worldwide geographic boundaries
- Points of interest - Preprogrammed points of interest include parks, city centers, airports, historical monuments and more
- Compass screen - See your direction of travel, distance and position of destination, heading, bearing, speed and more on the beautiful graphic compass
- 3-meter accuracy - SiRFstar III chipset and integrated multidirectional antennae offer superior GPS accuracy using the Wide Area Augmentation System
Magellan Triton 500 Specifications:
- Display: 2.2" (5.9cm) diagonal QVGA, color
- Waterproof: IPX-7, submersion in up to one meter of water for 30 minutes
- USB: 1.1
- GPS Chipset: SiRFstarIII
- User Interface: Keypad
National Geographic TOPO! System Requirements:
- Internet Connection Required. DSL, Cable, or equivalent high speed access recommended for performance.
- Windows Vista, XP, 2000, ME, or 98. Internet Explorer 6 or higher. 1 GHZ CPU or better. 512 MB RAM + 64 MB video memory. DVD Drive.
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher. 1 GHZ CPU or better
- 512 MB RAM + 64 MB video memory
- DVD Drive.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors