Motorola Business Radios & Consumer Walkie Talkies
Motorola RDU4100 4 Watt / 10 Channel UHF Radio (REBATE OFFER)
Motorola DTR550 Digital On-Site Two-Way Radio (REBATE OFFER)
Motorola DTR410 Digital On-Site Two-Way Radio (REBATE OFFER)
Motorola RDV5100 5 watt / 10 Channel VHF Radio (REBATE OFFER)
Motorola CLS1410 Compact 1 Watt / 4 Channel 2-Way UHF Radio (w/ REBATE)
Motorola CLS1110 Compact 1 Watt / 1 Channel 2-Way UHF Radio (w/ REBATE)
Motorola Radio Selection Chart
|Features||CLS Series||RDX Series||DTR Series|
|Use||Daily Use by Staff||Daily Industrial Use & Abuse||Daily Industrial Use & Abuse|
|Frequency Operation||Business UHF||Business UHF/VHF||900MHz Digital ISM|
|Max. Two-Way Radio Talk Range (up to)||15 floors/ 200,000 sq. ft.||30 floors/ 350,000 sq. ft.||28 floors/ 325,000 sq. ft.|
|Power||1 watt||2, 4, 5 watts||1 watt|
|Meets Military Durability Specs||No||Yes||Yes|
|Wind & Noise Reduction||No||Yes||Yes|
|# Channels Available||Up to 4 channels||Up to 16 channels||Up to 25 Groups, 150 Contacts|
|Repeater Capability||No||Yes (some models)||No|
|Rechargeable Battery Life (up to)||12 Hours||26 Hours (w/ optional battery)||14.5 Hours|
|Weight||4.5 oz.||8.2 - 10.3 oz.||7.1 oz.|
|Designed for Industries such as:||Education, Retail, Hotel, Long Term Healthcare, Restaurants, and more!||Construction, Warehousing, Property Management, Security, Electrical, Manufacturing||Construction, Warehousing, Property Management, Security, Electrical, Manufacturing|
Motorola 2010-11 Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better, VHF or UHF? UHF is best for indoors, outdoors and multi-story buildings; VHF is sufficient for outdoor use.
How Many Channels Do I Need? One channel per work group. With multiple work groups, the managers use a multi-channel radio.
Can RDX and CLS Radios Communicate With Other Radios? Yes, they are all compatible with other radios programmed to the same UHF/VHF frequencies and codes. RDX Series can be custom programmed to communicate with other radios.
Are Radios Weatherproof and Dustproof? RDX Series radios are industrial grade, are made for harsh environments and are water and dust resistant. CLS Series are made for normal wear and tear.
Are the CLP, CLS and RDX Series and the DTR Series Radios Narrow Banding Compliant? Yes, the CLP, CLS and RDX Series and DTR Series Radios are all FCC Narrow Banding Compliant.
What is the Warranty? RDX Series, CLS Series, DTR Series and accessories have a one year, no hassle replacement warranty from date of purchase.
What are Repeaters? Antennas that extend communication and distance between two-way radios. The RDU4100, RDU4160d, RDV5100, CLP and CLS Series radios can work with repeaters.
What is My Payback Time? $8 per hour—save 30 minutes per day. A $200 radio pays back in 50 days.
Glossary of Features
- Alkaline Battery Backup Optional Alkaline Battery trays available for CLS, RDX Series and RPU2160 Repeater allows use in emergency situations or power outages.
- Battery Meter Displays battery reserve status
- Call Tones Pre-announced tone to capture attention of another user in high ambient noise areas
- Cloning Settings of one radio can be copied to another; Requires optional multi-unit charger or cloning cable
- Hi/Low Power Each channel may be programmed to operate on high power or low power
- IP54 Weatherproofing Highly water and dust resistant
- Manager Lockout Prevents users from changing radio settings
- Mil Spec Design Design to meet military specifications and industrial use
- Privacy Codes Minimize interference from third party conversations (cross talk)
- Roger Beep Audible tone identifies that person transmitting has finished and that you may respond
- Scan Monitor communication on multiple channels
- Scramble Communicate privately with others; those without scramble will hear garbled audio
- Signal Strength Indicator Receiving person can view if the person transmitting is near edge of communication range
- VOX Communicate hands free when using an optional microphone/headset audio accessory
- iVOX Communicate hands free without using audio accessories; Speak at the radio and it will transmit
What's the difference between Motorola Business Class (CLP, CLS, RDU, RDV, DTR) radios and Consumer Class (Talkabout series) Radios?
There are two major differences:
- Business radios operate on business exclusive frequencies and privacy codes to ensure a clear signal without interference.
- Business radios are made much more durable than consumer radios, and are tested in Motorola’s accelerated life testing lab. Consumer radios are not built to the same standards or put through such rigid testing. Consumer radios are built for infrequent use: weekend hunting trips, multiple car caravans, skiing, camping, amusement parks, etc. Because business radios are designed for years of daily use and abuse, the lifetime cost of the radio is less than a consumer/recreational radio.
Motorola Talkabout Series Comparison Chart
|Quiet Talk Filter||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Range (Optimum Conditions)||up to approx. 35 miles||up to approx. 35 miles||up to approx. 35 miles||up to approx. 25 miles||up to approx. 27 miles||up to approx. 20 miles||up to approx. 23 miles||up to approx. 16 miles|
|Channels||22 and 8 repeater||22 and 8 repeater||22||22||22||22||22||22|
|Hands-Free||iVOX||iVOX||iVOX||VOX with accessory||iVOX||iVOX||iVOX||iVOX|
|SAME (Specific Area Message Encoding)||-||-||-||YES||-||-||-||-|
|Weather Channels||11 channels (7 NOAA)||11 channels (7 NOAA)||11 channels (7 NOAA)||11 channels (7 NOAA)||11 channels (7 NOAA)||11 channels (7 NOAA)||11 channels (7 NOAA)||11 channels (7 NOAA)|
|Emergency Alert Button||YES||YES||YES||-||YES||YES||YES||-|
|Alerts||Talk conf. (roger beep)||Talk conf. (roger beep)||-||Low battery, talk conf. (roger beep)||-||Battery meter, talk conf. (roger beep)||Low battery, talk conf. (roger beep)||-|
|Call Tones||10 regular||10 regular||10 regular||10 regular||-||20 regular||10 regular||5 regular|
|Battery Life||27 hr. Alkaline or 9 hr. NiMH||27 hr. Alkaline or 9 hr. NiMH||-||27 hrs. (3 AA) or 9 hrs. (NiMH)||-||31 hr. alkaline (3 AA) or 10 hr. NiMH||-||37 hr. alkaline or 12hr. NiMH|
|Battery Save / Power Save||-||-||-||YES||YES||-||YES||-|
|Battery Type||3 AA, NiMH battery pack||3 AA, NiMH battery pack||3 AA, NiMH battery pack||3 AA, NiMH battery pack||3 AA, NiMH battery pack||3 AA||3 AAA, NiMH battery pack||3 AA|
|Charging Method||Motorola standard charging port , Mini-USB charging port , Drop-in charger (cradle)||Motorola standard charging port , Mini-USB charging port , Drop-in charger (cradle)||Motorola standard charging port , Mini-USB charging port , Drop-in charger (cradle)||Drop-in charger (cradle)||Mini-USB charging port , Drop-in charger (cradle)||Mini-USB charging port , Drop-in charger (cradle)||Motorola standard charging port , Mini-USB charging port , Drop-in charger (cradle)||Drop-in charger (cradle)|
|PTT Power Boost||YES||YES||YES||YES||-||-||-||-|
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors