Motorola RDV5100 5 watt / 10 Channel VHF Radio (REBATE OFFER)
DetailsGet $125 and a FREE Multi-Unit Charger ($275.00 value) with online-rebate for every 6 RDX Series radios purchased March 1, 2015 to June 30, 2015.
Motorola RDX Series Two-way Radio – Motorola RDV5100
The RDX series audio is 30% louder than previous XTX and AX series radios. Manufactured with a die cast metal chassis for increased durability; designed to meet tough Mil Spec 810 C,D,E,F and IP54/55 standard for shock, rain, humidity, salt, fog sand/dust, high and low temperature. RDX Series is compatible with the CLS, XTN and AX series and other radios operating on the same frequency and code. This durable two-way radio is ideally suited for construction, electrical, manufacturing/ warehousing, property management, and many other industries. No monthly fees or service contracts required.
Motorola RDV 5100 Features:
- Range up to 250,000 sq. ft. or 20 floors indoors
- 5-watts of power
- 10 pre-programmed channels to communicate with separate work groups
- 27 VHF business-exclusive frequencies and 121 interference eliminator codes
- Custom Programmable to match other business band radios
- Repeater capability, compatible with radios using repeaters to extend range.
- Exceptional Audio Quality - 2000 mW of audio output, speaker magnetic field reduction, wind-noise reduction and improved RF specifications
- 3 Voice Scramble settings to reduce eavesdropping
- Cloning compatible - Setting of one radio can be copied to another. Requires optional multi-unit charger or cloning cable.
- VOX - Hands-Free use with audio accessory
- 3 different Call Tones - grab the attention of the people you need to reach
- 2 pin accessory plug (compatible with CLS, XTN & AX series)
- AA Battery Compatible (requires 5 AA cells & alkaline battery frame accessory)
- Height: 4.5" H x 2.2" W x 1.6" D
- Weight: 8.6 ounces (with standard battery)
Talk Time Features:
- Repeater Capability
- Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Life - Up to 18.5 hours per charge with standard battery and up to 26 hours with higher capacity batteries. AA Battery Life - Up to 26 hours
|Motorola RDX Series Radios – Great for use outdoors and indoors|
|Transmit Power||# of Channels||Unique Features||Weight||Range Indoors||Warehouse Range||MSRP|
|RDU2020||2 Watt||2 Ch.||8.6oz||20 Floors||250K sq.ft.||$245.00|
|RDU2080d||2 Watt||8 Ch.||Display, Channel Aliasing, Battery Gauge, Signal Strength Indicator, Front Panel Buttons, Keypad Lock, iVOX||8.6oz||20 Floors||250K sq.ft.||$290.00|
|RDU4100||4 Watt||10 Ch.||Repeater Capability, Li-ion Ultra Cap Battery
(up to 18.5 hours)
|10.3oz||30 Floors||350K sq.ft.||$360.00|
|RDU4160d||4 Watt||16 Ch.||Repeater Capability, Li-ion Ultra Cap Battery (up to 18.5 hrs), Display, Channel Aliasing, Battery Gauge, Signal Strength Indicator, Front Panel Buttons, Keypad Lock, iVOX||10.3oz||30 Floors||350K sq.ft.||$380.00|
|RDV2020||2 Watt||2 Ch.||8.6oz||10 Floors||220K sq.ft.||$225.00|
|RDV2080d||2 Watt||8 Ch.||Display, Channel Aliasing, Battery Gauge, Signal Strength Indicator, Front Panel Buttons, Keypad Lock, iVOX||8.6oz||10 Floors||220K sq.ft.||$265.00|
|RDV5100||5 Watt||10 Ch.||Repeater Capability, Li-ion Ultra Cap Battery
(up to 18.5 hours)
|10.3oz||18 Floors||300K sq.ft.||$325.00|
Motorola RDX Series Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is new and improved with the RDX Series vs. previous analog two-way radios?
A: The RDX Series offers new levels of audio quality performance, durability and dependability. It starts with exceptional audio quality that is 30% louder than previous Motorola XTN and AX models. In addition, the RDX Series features a durable metal diecast chassis and meets Military 810 C, D, E, F standards and IP54/55 specifications.
And there's more, including time-saving Customer Programming Software, which allows you to perform various programming functions and directly enter frequencies on 4/5 watt RDX Series models. For maximum uptime, the RDX Series' flexible battery life solutions offer up to 26 hours of battery life. And, best of all, this incredible communication tool is available without monthly fees or annual contracts.
Q: What frequency bands do the RDX Series on-site business radios operate on?
A: The RDX Series On-Site business two-way radios are available in both UHF and VHF versions. Exact frequency ranges vary by model, but in general, the ranges are as follows:
- 2 Watt VHF: 150.8 to 160 MHz
- 2 Watt UHF: 450 to 470 MHz
- 4 Watt UHF: 438 to 470 MHz
- 5 Watt VHF: 146 to 174 MHz
Q: What kind of coverage can I expect with the RDX Series?
A: The coverage delivered by the RDX Series varies by model and the environment in which the product is used. General coverage details are as follows:
- 4 Watt UHF: Up to 350,000 sq. ft / 30 floors
- 5 Watt VHF: Up to 300,000 sq. ft / 18 floors
- 2 Watt UHF: Up to 250,000 sq. ft / 20 floors
- 2 Watt VHF: Up to 220,000 sq. ft / 13 floors
Q: Is the RDX Series compatible with a repeater for extended coverage?
A: Although a repeater is not necessary for most on-site applications, select RDX Series models are compatible with duplex repeaters to greatly extend coverage area vs. radio-to-radio mode. (RDU4160d and RDU4163d models)
Q: What about radio compatibility?
A: RDX Series On-Site Business radios are compatible with any other analog two-way radio that is operating on the same frequency and code. (For best quality, it is important also to make sure the bandwidth spacing is set up in both radios at the same value). Please refer to the product user guide for detailed frequency charts and compatibility information.
Q: Can the RDX Series audio accessories be used with other Motorola radios?
A: RDX Series radios can use most audio accessories compatible with prior XTN, AX and CLS Series radios.
Q: How powerful are the RDX Series radios?
A: The RDX Series On-Site radio models are available with 2, 4 or 5 watts of power.
Q: What is the battery life of the RDX Series radios?
A: The custom RDX Series Li-Ion battery packs are designed and manufactured to ensure durability of the radio. 2 Watt radios feature the standard Li-Ion battery (up to 12 hrs of life per charge). 4/5 Watt radios feature the ultra high capacity battery (up to 18.5 hrs). An alkaline battery kit is available as an optional accessory (up to 26 hrs). Hours of operation are based on a 5% transmit, 5% receive, 90% standby duty cycle. Battery save feature must be activated for optimal battery life.
Q: What is the warranty on the RDX Series radios?
A: Each RDX Series radio is backed by a limited one-year warranty on parts and labor. Consult the product user guide for details.
Q: How rugged are the RDX Series radios?
A: Rugged and reliable, the RDX Series radios undergo rigorous testing in the design process using U.S. Military 810 C, D, E and F Standards—so you can rest assured they hold up under demanding conditions. These tests are designed to simulate the very harshest environments. In addition, the RDX Series radios are tested to IP54/55 standards—highly demanding tests for water and dust resistance. The IP54/55 tests include subjecting the radio to a high-speed, high-volume shower from all directions for three minutes. In this test, the radio must endure conditions so harsh that a human being could not survive them.
Q: How long does it take to clone a radio using the cloning cable?
A: The Cloning rate usually completes in only a few seconds.
Q: Can I clone different RDX Series radio models?
For the cloning to be successful it is important to make sure that the radios are from the same radio model type (frequency band, region and power level are the same).
Q: What do I need to clone RDX Series radios?
A: The Radio to Radio Cloning cable allows you to clone one radio to another. The Multi Unit Charger allows you to clone three radios into their three target radios. Also, the CPS Programming Cable and CPS software are needed in order to program pre-stored radio profiles into the radios.
Q: Are the antennas removable or replaceable on the RDX Series?
A: On the majority of RDX models, the antenna is not designed to be removed. The antenna is designed to be flexible and bend rather than break. In the event that the antenna becomes damaged, the radio should be returned for repair. The antenna is removable on all the 4W/5W RDX models.
Q: Are there new UHF frequencies available for the RDX Series?
A: Yes, there are 33 additional frequencies available on RDX UHF models, frequencies # 57 to 89 are new.
Is there a MUC available on the RDX Series?
A: Yes, a Multi-Unit charger of 6 radios is available. This MUC can also be used to clone radios.
Is there a "Roger Beep" or End of Tx Tone available on the RDX Series?
A: Yes, and it can be enabled and disabled via the CPS software or radio buttons.
Is the RDX Series VOX/IVOX compatible?
A: Yes, all RDX models are VOX compatible and all RDX display models are both IVOX/VOX compatible.
Motorola Radio Selection Chart
|Features||CLS Series||RDX Series||DTR Series|
|Use||Daily Use by Staff||Daily Industrial Use & Abuse||Daily Industrial Use & Abuse|
|Frequency Operation||Business UHF||Business UHF/VHF||900MHz Digital ISM|
|Max. Two-Way Radio Talk Range (up to)||15 floors/ 200,000 sq. ft.||30 floors/ 350,000 sq. ft.||28 floors/ 325,000 sq. ft.|
|Power||1 watt||2, 4, 5 watts||1 watt|
|Meets Military Durability Specs||No||Yes||Yes|
|Wind & Noise Reduction||No||Yes||Yes|
|# Channels Available||Up to 4 channels||Up to 16 channels||Up to 25 Groups, 150 Contacts|
|Repeater Capability||No||Yes (some models)||No|
|Rechargeable Battery Life (up to)||12 Hours||26 Hours (w/ optional battery)||14.5 Hours|
|Weight||4.5 oz.||8.2 - 10.3 oz.||7.1 oz.|
|Designed for Industries such as:||Education, Retail, Hotel, Long Term Healthcare, Restaurants, and more!||Construction, Warehousing, Property Management, Security, Electrical, Manufacturing||Construction, Warehousing, Property Management, Security, Electrical, Manufacturing|
Motorola 2010-11 Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better, VHF or UHF? UHF is best for indoors, outdoors and multi-story buildings; VHF is sufficient for outdoor use.
How Many Channels Do I Need? One channel per work group. With multiple work groups, the managers use a multi-channel radio.
Can RDX and CLS Radios Communicate With Other Radios? Yes, they are all compatible with other radios programmed to the same UHF/VHF frequencies and codes. RDX Series can be custom programmed to communicate with other radios.
Are Radios Weatherproof and Dustproof? RDX Series radios are industrial grade, are made for harsh environments and are water and dust resistant. CLS Series are made for normal wear and tear.
Are the CLP, CLS and RDX Series and the DTR Series Radios Narrow Banding Compliant? Yes, the CLP, CLS and RDX Series and DTR Series Radios are all FCC Narrow Banding Compliant.
What is the Warranty? RDX Series, CLS Series, DTR Series and accessories have a one year, no hassle replacement warranty from date of purchase.
What are Repeaters? Antennas that extend communication and distance between two-way radios. The RDU4100, RDU4160d, RDV5100, CLP and CLS Series radios can work with repeaters.
What is My Payback Time? $8 per hour—save 30 minutes per day. A $200 radio pays back in 50 days.
Glossary of Features
- Alkaline Battery Backup Optional Alkaline Battery trays available for the RDX Series allows use in emergency situations or power outages.
- Battery Meter Displays battery reserve status
- Call Tones Pre-announced tone to capture attention of another user in high ambient noise areas
- Cloning Settings of one radio can be copied to another; Requires optional multi-unit charger or cloning cable
- Hi/Low Power Each channel may be programmed to operate on high power or low power
- IP54 Weatherproofing Highly water and dust resistant
- Manager Lockout Prevents users from changing radio settings
- Mil Spec Design Design to meet military specifications and industrial use
- Privacy Codes Minimize interference from third party conversations (cross talk)
- Roger Beep Audible tone identifies that person transmitting has finished and that you may respond
- Scan Monitor communication on multiple channels
- Scramble Communicate privately with others; those without scramble will hear garbled audio
- Signal Strength Indicator Receiving person can view if the person transmitting is near edge of communication range
- VOX Communicate hands free when using an optional microphone/headset audio accessory
- iVOX Communicate hands free without using audio accessories; Speak at the radio and it will transmit
MPN: RDV5100;Programming:Default=RDV5100&Programming:Custom(+$10) Enter Below=RDV5100-C UPC: 723755540286
- Motorola RDX Series two-way radio RDV5100
- 2400 mAh Li-ion Rechargeable Battery
- 10-Hour Plug-In Charger
- Spring loaded belt clip
- User's Guide
- Accessory Brochure
- Warranty Card
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors