REFURBISHED Garmin GPSMAP 4208 Big-Screen Network Chartplotter with Pre-Loaded Coastal Maps
This listing is for a refurbished Garmin GPSMAP 4208. Available for a limited time while supplies last. For a new, non-refurbished model, click here.
Hold on to your swim trunks - Garmin's kicking some serious sand into the faces of the competition. The new Garmin GPSMAP 4208 features a huge 8.4" VGA screen that comes pre-loaded with highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States, to make it ready to use as a chartplotter out of the box. The features don't stop there, though - the GPSMAP 4208 is network-capable for sonar, radar, XM satellite weather and radio, and more!
Garmin International and Tiger GPS are pleased to introduce the GPSMAP 4208 and 4212. The power of networking meets the brilliance of great design in the new 4000-series chartplotters from Garmin. These big, bright multifunction displays (MFDs) combine video-quality resolution and luminous colour with the latest in sensor and data options - to serve as your all-in-one "nerve centers" for the Garmin Marine Network.
Both MFDs offer built-in cartography, worldwide satellite imagery, and a new simplified user interface. The GPSMAP 4212 features a 12.1" XGA "big screen" display and alphanumeric keypad. The slightly smaller GPSMAP 4208 is designed with an 8.4" diagonal VGA screen and does not have the alphanumeric keypad for data entry.
The 4208 and 4212 MFDs are preloaded with highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States - including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information.
Plug in optional BlueChart g2 Vision cards to add true 3D-view detailed mapping capabilities (both above and below the waterline), plus helpful auto guidance, high-resolution photomapping detail, and "real picture" aerial photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest.
- Refurbished GPSMAP 4208
- Bail mount and knobs
- GPS 17 (flush mount or use included pole mount adapter)
- Protective front cover
- Power cable assembly
- Video cable assembly
- Flush mount hardware
- In-line fuse kit for GPS 17
- Marine grommet kit
- Crimp connectors
- Owner's Manual and Quick Reference Guide
Product Features and Specifications
- Includes WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS sensor with 30 ft. cable length
- Display: GPSMAP 4208 - 8.4-inch, 4096 colour capable VGA sunlight readable display (640 x 480 pixels) - 1200 nits of brightness
- New streamlined user interface offers easy selection of functions and features
- Preloaded with worldwide satellite imagery and highly-detailed BlueChart g2 marine cartography of the coastal United States - including Alaska, Hawaii and the Bahamas. This data provides detailed coastlines, shaded depth contours, navaids, port plans, wrecks, restricted areas and tide and current information.
- Preloaded with Explorer charts covering the Bahamas
- View weather overlays such as NEXRAD weather radar and forecasts, current conditions, wind direction, wave direction, wave height, buoy data, lightning, county warnings and much more with the optional GDL 30 or GDL 30A
- Fresh new design that has a "flat panel" look when flush mounted
- Single SD memory card slot for BlueChart g2 Vision cards, as well as saving waypoints, routes and tracks to a SD card which can be shared with others
- Backlit keypad for easier operation at night
- Auto-dimming display
- Three built-in network ports for connection to a Garmin radar, GDL 30/30, GSD 22 sounder, or another MFD
- Compatible with all Garmin Marine Network peripherals
- Two video inputs for onboard cameras - supports PAL & NTSC video signals
- 1 VGA (4208) or 1 XGA (4212) PC monitor video output
- Four NMEA 0183 inputs and two NMEA0183 outputs - supports both AIS and DSC
- Supports NMEA 2000
- Unit dimensions: GPSMAP 4208 - 11.2"W x 7.0"H x 4.6"D
- Alarms for anchor drag, arrival, off-course, proximity waypoint, clock, low battery voltage and GPS accuracy
- Waterproof: IPX7 - submersible
- Power down backup of settings: Tiger GPS customer settings are not lost when the unit is turned off
Enable the full functionality of the GPSMAP 4000-series with the addition of a BlueChart g2 Vision SD card
BlueChart g2 Vision cards provide:
- High-resolution satellite imagery when overlaid on the chart, will provide the mariner with unparalleled situational awareness
- Aerial reference photography provides "real world" photos of ports, harbors, marinas, waterways, navigation landmarks and other points of interest, offering the mariner another powerful tool for navigating unfamiliar waters
- Mariner's Eye view - Provides the mariner with a 3-D perspective of chart information for a quick, reliable and easy position fix.
- Fish Eye view - 3D perspective below the water line for displaying bottom contours based on bathymetric charting data
- Auto guidance technology will search the attributes of all relevant charts to suggest the best course for navigation
- Fishing charts, tides, currents, marine services, coastal roads and points of interest detail
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors