REFURBISHED Garmin GPS 17HVS RS232 Sensor
This listing is for a refurbished Garmin GPS 17 HVS antenna. Available for a limited time while supplies last. For a new, non-refurbished model, click here.
The new Garmin GPS 17HVS is designed primarily for use in marine applications and can be flush mounted in addition to pole mounted. It delivers exceptional accuracy while standing up to the harshest environment (meets IEC 60529 IPX7 standards). The 12-channel receiver allows for continuous tracking of all visible satellites - and it's WAAS capable, which means it can provide position accuracy of less than three meters (on average). This incredible accuracy is possible without the use of an external DGPS beacon receiver. The GPS 17HVS also offers excellent EMI/RFI performance for easy integration into systems that will be operated near mobile computing devices and wireless communications equipment.
This GPS receiver produces asynchronous serial data at true RS-232 levels in the industry-standard NMEA 0183 data format. This makes it ideal for interfacing to devices (such as laptops and chartplotters) that expect to hear NMEA 0183 data from a serial com port. The GPS 17HVS also is capable of producing a TTL-level Pulse-Per-Second (PPS) signal whose rising edge is aligned to the UTC second boundary within 1 uS for all conditions in which the GPS receiver has produced a valid and accurate position for at least the previous four-second interval.
Compatible with: GPSMAP 2006/2006C, GPSMAP 2010/2010C, GPSMAP 2106, GPSMAP 2110, GPSMAP 2206, GPSMAP 2210, GPSMAP 3006C, GPSMAP 3010C, GPSMAP 3206, GPSMAP 3210, GPSMAP 4208, GPSMAP 4210, GPSMAP 4212, GPSMAP 5208, GPSMAP 5212, GPSMAP 5215NOTE: The GPS 17HVS, part # 010-00242-53, replaces the old one, part # 010-00242-03. The new model features a removable mast mount base.
Input voltage: 8 to 40 Vdc unregulated
Input current: 60 mA @ 8 Vdc; 40 mA @ 12 Vdc; 15 mA @ 40 Vdc
Sensitivity: –165 dBW minimum
Receiver: WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS receiver continuously tracks and uses up to 12 satellites to compute and update your position
- Reacquisition: Less than 2 seconds
- Warm: Approximately 15 seconds
- Cold: Approximately 45 seconds
- AutoLocate: Approximately 5 minutes
- SkySearch: 5 minutes
Update Rate: 1 to 900 seconds between updates; programmable in 1-second increments
- Position: < 15 meters, 95% typical**
- Velocity: 0.1 knot RMS steady state
DGPS (USCG) accuracy:
- Position: 3-5 meters, 95% typical
- Velocity: 0.1 knot RMS steady state
DGPS (WAAS) accuracy:
- Position: < 3 meters, 95% typical**
- Velocity: .1 knot RMS steady state
Dynamics: 999 knots, 6g's
Map datums: 108 predefined, 1 user
- Port 1: True RS-232 output, asynchronous serial input compatible with RS-232 or TTL voltage levels, RS-232 polarity
- Port 2: Asynchronous serial input only, compatible with RS-232 or TTL voltage levels, RS-232 polarity
Baud rates: 300/600/1200/2400/4800/9600/19200/38400
- Port 1: Selectable between NMEA 0183 v2.00, NMEA 0183 v3.00, and Garmin binary formats; NMEA 0183 v2.0 (ASCII); Approved output sentences: GPALM, GPGGA, GPGLL, GPGSA, GPGSV, GPRMC, GPVTG; Proprietary sentences: PGRMB, PGRME, PGRMF, PGRMM, PGRMT, PGRMV
- Port 2: RTCM input only; RTCM SC-104 differential input message types 1, 2, 3, 7 and 9
PPS output: 1 Hz pulse, programmable width, 1 microsecond accuracy
- OFF — open
- ON — pull down to less than 0.3 Vdc
- Operating: –30° to 80°C
- Storage: –40° to 80°C
Size: 3.58" (91 mm) diameter, 3.6" (91.5 mm) high
- 7.1 oz. (201 g) without cable
- 16.8 oz. (476 g) with 30 foot cable
Cable: 30-foot cable with JST ZHR-8 connector housing with 8 JST SZH-002T-PO.5 pin socket contacts
* Warm = all data known. Cold = position, time and almanac known.
AutoLocate = almanac known, position and time unknown. SkySearch = no data known.
** Subject to accuracy degradation to 100m 2DRMS under the U.S. Department of Defense-imposed Selective Availability Program.
Specifications are subject to change without notice.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors