TomTom RIDER 2nd Edition GPS Navigation System for Motorcycles
The TomTom RIDER 2nd Edition is the new navigator developed by bikers, for bikers. The RIDER 2nd Edition is designed with bikers in mind: rugged and waterproof, with RAM mounting hardware that fits almost any bike and a Cardo scala-rider wireless headset for high quality voice instructions inside your helmet.
The RIDER 2nd Edition is similar to the original RIDER, but with the following improvements:
- Smoother design - satin matte cool silver finish and a new power button
- New mounting solution with "RAM" mount
- New high-quality Cardo scala-rider Bluetooth headset
- Rugged bike dock
- Waterproof IPX7
- Better quality voice instructions
- Improved Navteq maps (All American States including Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico, and Canadian Provinces/Territories)
- Faster processor (380 MHz vs 300 MHz)
- New Accessory Car Kit (not included) provides speaker as well
Developed by Bikers for Bikers
- Biker-friendly touchscreen: designed to be easy to use, even when wearing gloves
- Waterproof and rugged: like any true biker, RIDER can handle the toughest weather
- Easy to mount: comes with robust universal RAM mounting hardware that fits almost any bike
- High quality in-helmet voice instructions: from Cardo scala-rider wireless Bluetooth headset.
- Superior Li-Ion battery: long-lasting 5H battery, for hours of hassle-free riding
- On-bike charging: battery cable provided for those longer rides
But Also Works in Your Car!
- Adapts instantly to car use: just fit the RIDER car mounting kit with speaker on the windscreen of the car, switch on and you're away.
- Knows if it's in the car or on your bike: no fiddly adjustments needed. RIDER automatically switches from glove-friendly to in-car mode, with more screen options and the ability to make calls on the move
- No nonsense: just plug it in, switch it on & RIDE
- Compact and portable: easy to take with you. From bike to bike or bike to car
- Crystal clear: realistic and intuitive visual instructions, smooth-scrolling map display, and a choice between 3D bird's-eye view and traditional 2D map-format graphics
- Fast destination selection: just 7 clicks and you're on your way (that's less than half as many clicks as any other bike navigator!)
- Predictive address entry: just like your mobile, as you type in the first letters, up comes the street/city name you're looking for. Another smart little touch to make life easier.
- Precise and accurate: turn-by-turn spoken instructions given in plenty of time
- Fast route calculation: and fast re-adjustment if you decide to change your destination
- Multi-lingual: RIDER voice instructions come in 36 languages and over 50 different voices. User interface now comes in 22 languages
- Intuitive interface: TomTom's award-winning software for the very best navigation experience
- Anti-glare screen and sun visor: for an optimal view at all times
- Speed-linked volume: voice instructions volume increases and decreases to match your speed
- Choice of instruction styles: choose between the full spoken instructions and a simple sound alarm to tell you to check your next screen instruction
- Make your RIDER your own: save your favourite addresses and roads for quick-route planning
- Customise your status bar: improve readability by customising your status bar to show only the information that you find useful
- 'Tip' feature: discover everything your RIDER has to offer with useful on-screen tips
- Extensive guided tour: pick up features even quicker to get the most out of your RIDER
Best Biking Experience
- Complete maps of the US and Canada on SD card: for worry-free door-to-door navigation
- Route choice: plan your route to suit your needs - quickest, shortest, by required arrival time, avoiding toll roads and motorways, and more
- Itinerary planning: at home on your PC or overnight on the road on the RIDER itself. Program the schedule of places you're visiting and set up your entire tour before even pulling on a glove
- Route rehearsal: review and test your planned route at home before you have to ride it
- Millions of Points of Interest: from gas stations to restaurants and LOTS more. Not so much A to B but A to Z as well.
- Postcode navigation: simple and accurate destination selection (only for UK & NL maps)
- Compass mode: opt to display an on-screen compass, for even better orientation
- Call a POI: RIDER can call a Point of Interest direct. Decided where you're going to spend the night? Book your table and your room, climb back on and relax for the rest of the ride.
Safe & Secure
- On-bike drive mode: featuring just 4 large icons and essential functionalities
- Secure motorcycle dock: your RIDER attaches with an audible "click", so you know it's securely in place
- Tested by TÜV: who is TÜV? They test manufacturer's products for safety, quality and durability to a level far beyond Europe's normal CE standard. Want to know more? Check the TÜV website
- Universal RAM mounting hardware: the dock is fixed to your bike with robust RAM mounting hardware. The #1 in mounting kit in the world because it is tough enough for true biking conditions. Check the RAM website
- Hands-free call kit: RIDER doubles as a hands-free call kit, with Bluetooth® technology so you can take calls via your touchscreen as you ride. For safety reasons, outgoing calls are blocked while the bike is moving. But when you accept an incoming call, it's automatically routed to your earpiece/pad. And to make a call, just pull over, tap the screen and talk. With your helmet and gloves still on!
- Automatic pick-up: you can choose to let your RIDER take your calls automatically, while you focus on the open road
- Integrated GPS antenna: smarter design for safer biking - typical TomTom
- Speeding alert: RIDER tells you when you're speeding, even if you're not in navigation mode
- PIN lock: choose your own unique PIN code to protect your device
- Security strap: attaches your RIDER to your bike mount, for extra peace of mind
Smart Services & Extras
- TomTom HOME: unique software to help you plan and schedule journeys on your PC, manage the content of your RIDER, get map updates & software upgrades and much more
- Free Buddies service: locate, invite and add friends to your RIDER. Check who's in the area when you're touring or see where friends are right now
- Free biker-friendly scenic routes: available from TomTom online services, these routes have been specially selected with bikers in mind. Because biking's about more than just A to B.
- Access to all TomTom online services: TomTom RIDER comes ready for a wide range of online services and downloads, including:
- Real-time traffic*: up-to-the-minute traffic information, jam alerts and road condition warnings. 1 month FREE trial.
- Real-time weather reports*: need the waterproofs? Get a real-time overview of the weather before setting off, including 5-day forecasts for all the places you're going to be.
- Voices: download funny and famous voices for a bit of variety and fun on the road.
- POI's: Thousands more POI's to download.
- And much, much more.
* Real-time services require a compatible Bluetooth phone and subscription with full internet access via your mobile phone ('GPRS' subscription). All other services can be downloaded via your computer using TomTom HOME and are also accessible on the road via your mobile phone (same requirements as stated above).
|1. TomTom RIDER 2nd edition device
2. Cardo scala-rider wireless Bluetooth headset for wireless spoken instructions and hands-free calling
3. RAM mounting hardware to fit most bikes
|4. Pre-installed memory card (SD card) containing map data
5. Product code card for registration and to ensure you get your yearly TomTom updates
6. TomTom HOME CD to plan your tours via your computer
|7. USB cable
8. Home charger that charges at home or abroad, thanks to the international adaptors provided
9. Battery cable for on-the-road instant charging
|10. Security strap The security strap attaches your RIDER to the mount on your motorcycle.
11. TomTom RIDER carry case to protect your RIDER when traveling
|12. Quick start guide for clear, easy answers to questions
13. Accessory leaflet on how to get even more out of your RIDER
14. TomTom PLUS leaflet on how to access services while you're riding
- Integrated GPS receiver with 20 Channel all-in-view tracking
- CPU: 380 MHz
- 32 MB RAM
- 3.5 inch, 320 x 240 TFT color LCD touchscreen
- 4.46 in x 3.79 in x 2.08 in, 11 ounces
- Internal rechargeable Li-Ion giving approx. 5 hours
- Operating temperature: 14 to 130°F
- Waterproof (IPX7) - protects against any wet-weather conditions
- Bluetooth headset battery - talk time: 7 hours
- Bluetooth headset battery - standby: 1 week
- Memory card (SD card) with software and maps
- USB port and USB cable 2.0 for PC connection
- Alternative power source: 12V motorbike battery
- High quality Cardo scala-rider wireless Bluetooth headset for in-helmet spoken instructions
- RAM Mounting kit to fit nearly all bikes
- Supports leading Bluetooth-enabled helmets
The user interface/application runs in:
- UK English
- US English
The following languages are supported for spoken navigation instructions:
- Australian English
- Brazilian Portuguese
- Chinese Cantonese
- Chinese Mandarin
- Latin American Spanish
- UK English
- US English
thank u for reading
It does come with everything you need, to include a mounting hardware, a handy AC adapter and a bluetooth set, that you may not need. And, as with all bluetooth devices, functionality and utility are limited. Don't expect to be able to call while riding. It works okay when your sitting still.
Installation is easy enough. But don't hook direct to battery or it may drain your bike's battery.
The TomTom Home software that comes with the unit will not work with the maps that you receive on the memory card (I tried and tried with TomTom Support). So, if you want the ease of plugging in routes from your home computer, this won't work for you.
IMHO, spend the extra money and get a better brand. This unit and it's integrating capability make this unit a big disappointment.
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors