Magellan MapSend Topo 3D United States Software
DetailsNOTE: This new release from Magellan replaces the old MapSend Topo USA, Part # 980611. This new software version has an updated and expanded points-of-interest database, and a 3D map display mode on your PC.
Magellan MapSend Topo 3D USA sets a new standard in topo map software for your Magellan Meridian Color, Meridian Gold, Meridian Platinum, Meridian Marine, SporTrak Color, SporTrak Pro or SporTrak Pro Marine and eXplorist 210, 400, 500, 600 or XL handheld receiver.
Magellan MapSend Topo 3D USA offers several important advantages that add to your enjoyment of the outdoors:
Excellent topography detail
The heart of MapSend Topo 3D USA is its elevation dataset. All MapSend Topo products use an invisible grid of equally spaced horizontal points, each point having an elevation value, to model the earth's surface. This "grid" drives the drawing of contour lines on the screen at various zoom levels and it enables Magellan GPS receivers to perform elevation profiling on roads and tracks. MapSend Topo 3D USA uses the United States Geological Survey (USGS) National Elevation Data 30 meter elevation grid, the most detailed topo elevation dataset available for the USA.
MapSend Topo 3D USA brings this detailed topo data together into one seamless map for the entire continental U.S. plus Hawaii. The package also includes extensive, searchable USGS points of interest such as mountain summits, valleys, springs and much more.
Instantly switch to 3D view on your PC!
Simply click the 3D button, and wow! There's the 3D view of the area, which you can rotate, tilt, customize and explore thoroughly to get a total understanding of the terrain. 3D view on PC only, not available on handheld GPS receiver.
Extensive Points of Interest!
You get 3 complete integrated sets of must-have, searchable points of interest:
- NAVTEQ - Invaluable for navigating your outdoor adventures, NAVTEQ points of interest include hotels, restaurants, ski areas, marinas and much more. Most NAVTEQ points of interest include address and phone numbers so you can call ahead for information and reservations.
- U.S. Geological Survey - Locate natural wonders like Mount Shasta, Old Faithful, Cumberland Gap and many thousands more.
- TRAILS.COM - Here's a really exciting new feature! MapSend Topo 3D USA now includes over 30,000 great outdoor destinations from 1000 well know guidebooks for activities including hiking, camping, fly fishing, paddling, mountain biking, cross country skiing and more. Click the link in the POI detail and MapSend will take you to the Trails.com website, where you will see additional information for each area.
- Click on the link to a trailhead point of interest icon to get valuable information to help you prepare for your adventure ahead of time. For example, find out the mileage of the hike, the degree of difficulty of the hike, about how long it will take, if you need a pass from the Forest Service and any interesting things to look for along the way.
Subscribe to Trails.com and get even more value! Download and print the chapters from the guidebooks. Use the Trail FinderTM to explore other recreation opportunities. Save your favorite trails, view and print sections of USGS quad maps and more.
Points of interest include:
MapSend Topo 3D USA works with your Magellan GPS receiver to help you get the most out of your adventures in the great outdoors.
Move throughout the map on your PC. Define regions you want to upload to the SD card or built-in memory of your GPS. Regions as large as 240 MB can be transferred to an SD card in one shot. For example - the entire state of Washington will fit on a 64MB SD card. The uploaded map includes detailed topography, waterways, POIs and NAVTEQ streets by default or you may customize the level of detail to suit your needs. You can define as many regions as you wish and change the map region in your GPS as you please. MapSend Topo 3D USA is licensed for use with one Magellan GPS receiver.
With a topo map region on your Magellan GPS receiver you can:
- Search points of interest - Find a gas station, restaurant, or motel when you need it. Many of the NAVTEQ points of interest include addresses and phone numbers so you can call ahead for information or make reservations.
- Search Trails.com - Find points of interest - for nearby recreation opportunities. Find fun things to do near your current location!
- Search streets and addresses - Got an address, like a resort or bike shop, but not sure where it is? Search by street name or address on your GPS receiver. It will show you the street segment and the location of the address. You can view the location on the map, save it as a waypoint and use it as a destination for point-to-point routing while you travel.
- Create your own waypoints and routes - Easily create and edit routes and waypoints on your Magellan GPS receiver. Use them on your adventure then download them to your PC to save a record of your every adventure. Building a good library of personal waypoints and routes is an excellent way to help plan future explorations.
- Elevation profiling - Here's a huge advantage for hiking, mountain biking and hunting. MapSend Topo enables you to profile the elevation change along roads, trails, routes and tracks on your GPS receiver. This puts you in charge - you can skip the path that's too steep - or go for it, if that's your style!
- Maintain a constantly updated view of your surroundings - Topo contours are drawn on-the-fly, tailored to both your changing position and the zoom level at which you view the map. You will always see a crisp view of surrounding hills and valleys and a constant readout of your current elevation. 3D view on PC only.
With MapSend Topo 3D USA, plotting your course and navigating your outdoor adventure is fun and easy.
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors