Motorola DTR550 Digital On-Site Two-Way Radio
The Motorola DTR550 Digital On-Site Two-Way Radio represents a new and better way for small businesses to communicate, resulting in greater employee and business productivity. The DTR550 upgrades the popular DTR410 by adding Private Group Calling, VibraCall, up to 50 Public Groups, and optional Whip Antenna for extended range.
The Motorola DTR550 portable features Enhanced Communication Options such as:
- Digital One-to-Many Public Group Call
- Digital One-to-One Calling Capability.
- Private Group Calling
These portable Digital On-Site Two-Way Radios provide Enhanced Performance with:
- Greater Coverage* - Up to 325,000 square feet or 28 floors
- Longer Battery Life - Up to 14.5 hours per full charge
- Digital Audio Quality - Loud, clear audio everywhere you have coverage
- DTR550 coverage will vary based on terrain and conditions. All comparison claims made against CP100/XU2600 analog radio models. Optional high capacity battery will provide up to 19 hours per full charge.
- Plus, unlike alternative technologies, there are no monthly fees with Motorola Digital On-Site Two-Way Radios. No service towers. No per minute charges.
The Digital Difference
Enhanced coverage, battery life, and audio quality aren't the only advantages of Motorola's new Digital On-Site Two-Way Radios. No license is required to operate Motorola 900 MHz units. And for enhanced security, Motorola added Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) with 50 non-overlapping groups. Unlike analog radios, multiple group communications can occur simultaneously on the same channel with Motorola Digital On-Site Two-Way Radios.
In addition to these overall benefits, Motorola Digital On-Site Two-Way Radios allow you to take advantage of many leading-edge operational features that were never available previously.
Because the digital technology of the Motorola DTR550 portable enables each unit to have its own unique 11-digit identification, you get a new level of radio communication versatility with these calling options: Digital One-to-Many Calling
- Public Group Call. All other Motorola DTR Series radios on the same group ID and channel hear communications, similar to an analog radio operation.
- Transmit ID. Receiving DTR Series radios display the radio ID of the transmitting unit and, if listed in the receiving radio's contact list, the transmitting unit's radio name.
- Scroll List. Can display frequently used group and private IDs for easiest access on your Motorola DTR Series radio. You can view a recent-calls list, showing the source and target of the last 20 transmissions with the time and date information.
- VibraCall. Alert gives you a gentle vibration notifying you of incoming transmissions.
Motorola Radio Selection Chart
|Features||CLS Series||RDX Series||DTR Series|
|Use||Daily Use by Staff||Daily Industrial Use & Abuse||Daily Industrial Use & Abuse|
|Frequency Operation||Business UHF||Business UHF/VHF||900MHz Digital ISM|
|Max. Two-Way Radio Talk Range (up to)||15 floors/ 200,000 sq. ft.||30 floors/ 350,000 sq. ft.||28 floors/ 325,000 sq. ft.|
|Power||1 watt||2, 4, 5 watts||1 watt|
|Meets Military Durability Specs||No||Yes||Yes|
|Wind & Noise Reduction||No||Yes||Yes|
|# Channels Available||Up to 4 channels||Up to 16 channels||Up to 50 Groups, 150 Contacts|
|Repeater Capability||No||Yes (some models)||No|
|Rechargeable Battery Life (up to)||12 Hours||26 Hours (w/ optional battery)||14.5 Hours|
|Weight||4.5 oz.||8.2 - 10.3 oz.||7.1 oz.|
|Designed for Industries such as:||Education, Retail, Hotel, Long Term Healthcare, Restaurants, and more!||Construction, Warehousing, Property Management, Security, Electrical, Manufacturing||Construction, Warehousing, Property Management, Security, Electrical, Manufacturing|
Motorola 2010-11 Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better, VHF or UHF? UHF is best for indoors, outdoors and multi-story buildings; VHF is sufficient for outdoor use.
How Many Channels Do I Need? One channel per work group. With multiple work groups, the managers use a multi-channel radio.
Can RDX and CLS Radios Communicate With Other Radios? Yes, they are all compatible with other radios programmed to the same UHF/VHF frequencies and codes. RDX Series can be custom programmed to communicate with other radios.
Are Radios Weatherproof and Dustproof? RDX Series radios are industrial grade, are made for harsh environments and are water and dust resistant. CLS Series are made for normal wear and tear.
Are the CLP, CLS and RDX Series and the DTR Series Radios Narrow Banding Compliant? Yes, the CLP, CLS and RDX Series and DTR Series Radios are all FCC Narrow Banding Compliant.
What is the Warranty? RDX Series, CLS Series, DTR Series and accessories have a one year, no hassle replacement warranty from date of purchase.
What are Repeaters? Antennas that extend communication and distance between two-way radios. The RDU4100, RDU4160d, RDV5100, CLP and CLS Series radios can work with repeaters.
What is My Payback Time? $8 per hour—save 30 minutes per day. A $200 radio pays back in 50 days.
What's the difference between Motorola Business Class (CLP, CLS, RDU, RDV, DTR) radios and Consumer Class (Talkabout series) Radios?
There are two major differences:
- Business radios operate on business exclusive frequencies and privacy codes to ensure a clear signal without interference.
- Business radios are made much more durable than consumer radios, and are tested in Motorola’s accelerated life testing lab. Consumer radios are not built to the same standards or put through such rigid testing. Consumer radios are built for infrequent use: weekend hunting trips, multiple car caravans, skiing, camping, amusement parks, etc. Because business radios are designed for years of daily use and abuse, the lifetime cost of the radio is less than a consumer/recreational radio.
Glossary of Features
- Alkaline Battery Backup Optional Alkaline Battery trays available for the RDX Series allows use in emergency situations or power outages.
- Battery Meter Displays battery reserve status
- Call Tones Pre-announced tone to capture attention of another user in high ambient noise areas
- Cloning Settings of one radio can be copied to another; Requires optional multi-unit charger or cloning cable
- Hi/Low Power Each channel may be programmed to operate on high power or low power
- IP54 Weatherproofing Highly water and dust resistant
- Manager Lockout Prevents users from changing radio settings
- Mil Spec Design Design to meet military specifications and industrial use
- Privacy Codes Minimize interference from third party conversations (cross talk)
- Roger Beep Audible tone identifies that person transmitting has finished and that you may respond
- Scan Monitor communication on multiple channels
- Scramble Communicate privately with others; those without scramble will hear garbled audio
- Signal Strength Indicator Receiving person can view if the person transmitting is near edge of communication range
- VOX Communicate hands free when using an optional microphone/headset audio accessory
- iVOX Communicate hands free without using audio accessories; Speak at the radio and it will transmit
You May Also Be Interested In...
- Wrist / Fitness GPS
- Automotive GPS Units
- Handheld GPS Units
- Chartplotters / GPS
- Fishfinders / GPS
- Motorcycle / ATV GPS
- Two-Way Radio / GPS
- Safety & Tracking
- Camping & Outdoors